Kim Foxx will not run for re-election

davel501

On 4/25/2023 at 12:44 PM, Lou said:

It is because she will be running for governor on 2024 while Jelly Belly runs for US Senator replacing Durbin. 

No- that is not in purple 

Durbin not running? I think JB is after the Presidency, Biden will not make It one way or another and Kamala can't be there to even try because the VP will be who they will be voting for. 

On 4/25/2023 at 1:59 PM, Jeffrey said:

I think a lot of chicagoans are now wishing they got to keep beetlejuice when comparing the new boss.  The city will most likely hire someone that is even more lunatic than Foxy.  Summer of love '23 still stands at 750 for the over/under.

We might not lose Mayor Lightfoot. DProft is predicting she will replace Foxx. Foxx to replace Preckwinkle. Preckwinkle to replace Durbin. We have to be in a simulation with 13yo's on the joysticks. Increasing and spreading crime while confiscating firearms from the law abiding - tired of this GTA universe.

On 4/25/2023 at 2:44 PM, Odinson said:

We might not lose Mayor Lightfoot. DProft is predicting she will replace Foxx. Foxx to replace Preckwinkle. Preckwinkle to replace Durbin. We have to be in a simulation with 13yo's on the joysticks. Increasing and spreading crime while confiscating firearms from the law abiding - tired of this GTA universe.

I already know the ending and it makes Detroit look like paradise.

CWBChicago's take:

CWBChicago said:

The list of possible replacements is already being drawn up by political spectators, with NBC5's Mary Ann Ahern suggesting former Chicago Inspector General Joe Ferguson, former Cook County Commissioner Richard Boykin, and Dan Kirk, a high-ranking prosecutor under Foxx's predecessor as possibilities. Late last year, a CWBChicago source said a recently-resigned Cook County judge was leaving the bench to run for Foxx's seat.

But she won many fans and handily the 2020 election to serve a second term. Reviews of the final results found she actually lost in the suburbs, but more than made up for it by winning over city voters.

Advocates have praised her decisions to prosecute fewer retail theft and narcotics cases.

But several high-profile resignations over the past year by some of her office's most seasoned attorneys raised eyebrows.

On 4/25/2023 at 3:44 PM, Odinson said:

Nearly everything I've read about Preckwinkle and Lightfoot is that they can't stand each other. Foxx was Preckwinkle's choice for ASA. Lightfoot wouldn't be. Also Lightfoot would likely see ASA as a demotion from mayor. I'd sooner believe she would try for Durbin's senate seat directly, although I'm not so sure she has the support in the party or among the populace to get it.

On 4/25/2023 at 2:44 PM, Odinson said:

The idiot sheep voters will clop to the polls and make things worse as usual. 

On 4/29/2023 at 11:09 PM, BobPistol said:

Nope.  Soros is still alive. 

And the opponent should capitalize on that extensively.  Turn Soros into a  bond or austin powers villain.

Edited by markthesignguy

On 4/25/2023 at 1:59 PM, Jeffrey said:

I think a lot of chicagoans are now wishing they got to keep beetlejuice when comparing the new boss.  The city will most likely hire someone that is even more lunatic than Foxy.  Summer of love '23 still stands at 750 for the over/under.

"Out of the frying pan - - -."

Johnson taxes.jpg

Johnson-CTU.jpg

Tax Burden.jpg

On 4/30/2023 at 10:48 PM, Bubbacs said:

Over used.  And let them get the product they voted for.  Why should we care?  It's not like Illinois, Cook County or Chicago will do anything different.  But the exodus may be a bit larger and faster this next year! 

I still live here and do care.  Don't get me wrong.  I'd like nothing more than for Chicago to fall into the lake never to be seen again.  Until that happens, we need some good to come from the place.

On 5/1/2023 at 9:44 AM, BobPistol said:

Objection!

Assumes facts not in evidence.

Assumes that the Chicago voting system is 100% free of fraud.

Who needs vote fraud when you have Gerrymandering?

With the gerrymandering the Demoncrats control, the opposition doesn't even bother to run in a LOT of jurisdictions.

The key to unlocking Illinois is to stomp out gerrymandering.

On 5/1/2023 at 5:24 PM, markthesignguy said:

With the gerrymandering the Demoncrats control, the opposition doesn't even bother to run in a LOT of jurisdictions.

Then the opposition needs to start challenging incumbents in every district, even where the odds are poor.

Changing political trajectories requires decades of work. The party affiliation of a state legislature or governor's mansion doesn't (often) change overnight. Even when it does, there was usually a lot of background work that took many, many years. It requires a concerted, sustained effort to build the necessary politicial foundation, a multigenerational project.

On 5/1/2023 at 5:24 PM, markthesignguy said:

At a federal level, gerrymandering is rampant and benefits GOP far more overall then DEM.