Indiana is 1 signature away from Constitutional carry.

Flynn

Beat me to it.  Now that I have been an Indiana resident for 2 years this month it is near and dear to me.  It has not been an easy trip and it has shown there are worthless RINOs here in Indiana also.  This was killed in a senate committee last year that was run by republicans and the bill was gutted in another senate republican dominated committee this year.   

The bill had already passed the house 68 to 40 so the original language was put into another bill and that way it came to a floor vote in the senate.  There were several RINOs that still voted against the bill but it passed 30 to 20 so now goes to the governor. Now the governor is another worthless RINO and it was found he was working behind the scenes to kill the bill.  Now if he would veto the bill it only takes 51% to override in Indiana.  He could sit on the bill until this session is over but that does not kill the bill, the override vote could be taken in next years session.

One bad thing, the deadline to file for this years has already passed so it will be 2024 before any of these RINOs can be primaried but talk has already started.  Governor Holcomb's term is up in 2024 and he cannot run for governor again.  Most offices are limited to two consecutive terms and this is his second.  If he does sign in a timely manner the new law will take effect July first this year.  I am not too worried about the date because I have an Indiana lifetime license which will still be available.  The five year and the lifetime licenses are now both the same cost, $12.95 for fingerprinting.   Jim.

On 3/9/2022 at 9:38 AM, Bubbacs said:

The tipping point is happening like that cool design of dominos all lined up and playing nice with each other. The only problem here is the Illinois domino is a full inch to the LEFT. Every one falls in place except the Illinois domino and it’s LEFT standing all by itself.

Not that many years ago, Illinois was standing with Wisconsin as the last two states without CC...

On 3/9/2022 at 11:28 AM, illinois_buckeye said:

I think iirc Illinois only got ccl because there was a federal court case that got to the supreme court who told them they had to do that.  I was younger and just starting to get more politically minded. I think that was about 2013?

It was the 7th circuit: 7th Circuit Court Overturns Illinois Concealed Carry Ban | PDF | Second Amendment To The United States Constitution | Concealed Carry In The United States (scribd.com)

Illinois never appealed to SCOTUS because it could well have resulted in national concealed carry.

On 3/9/2022 at 11:19 AM, BobPistol said:

Now the only places that has the right denied are US territories like the Mariana Islands.

In effect Hawaii is still in the banned column.

There is a law on the books but it is may issue and even retired LEOs are denied permits 

On 3/9/2022 at 5:45 AM, sctman800 said:

Beat me to it.  Now that I have been an Indiana resident for 2 years this month it is near and dear to me.  It has not been an easy trip and it has shown there are worthless RINOs here in Indiana also.  This was killed in a senate committee last year that was run by republicans and the bill was gutted in another senate republican dominated committee this year.   

The bill had already passed the house 68 to 40 so the original language was put into another bill and that way it came to a floor vote in the senate.  There were several RINOs that still voted against the bill but it passed 30 to 20 so now goes to the governor. Now the governor is another worthless RINO and it was found he was working behind the scenes to kill the bill.  Now if he would veto the bill it only takes 51% to override in Indiana.  He could sit on the bill until this session is over but that does not kill the bill, the override vote could be taken in next years session.

One bad thing, the deadline to file for this years has already passed so it will be 2024 before any of these RINOs can be primaried but talk has already started.  Governor Holcomb's term is up in 2024 and he cannot run for governor again.  Most offices are limited to two consecutive terms and this is his second.  If he does sign in a timely manner the new law will take effect July first this year.  I am not too worried about the date because I have an Indiana lifetime license which will still be available.  The five year and the lifetime licenses are now both the same cost, $12.95 for fingerprinting.   Jim.

Also moved to Indiana last year.  You are correct in all aspects.  We do know that Holcomb privately worked against the bill, but I still think he'll probably sign it.  He wants to run for U.S. Senate, and I don't think can afford to anger all pro-2a people by vetoing it.  But I guess we will see.

I assume the state police superintendent was appointed by the Governor.  If so, it is probably safe to assume he is acting the way the Governor wanted.  Now that it has passed, the Governor has to make a decision and is probably doing some polling.  Does it become law automatically if he doesn't sign or veto within x days?

On 3/11/2022 at 3:49 PM, Ranger said:

I assume the state police superintendent was appointed by the Governor.  If so, it is probably safe to assume he is acting the way the Governor wanted.  Now that it has passed, the Governor has to make a decision and is probably doing some polling.  Does it become law automatically if he doesn't sign or veto within x days?

Yes, no action and it becomes law, if vetoed a simple majority to override.  Worst case if he waits as long as possible to veto and there is no time to come back to session it is still live when the legislature comes back to the next session.  It is said he wants to run for U. S. Senator if he does veto it will not be good for his campaign.  Actually I don't think it will help if he signs it, gun owners already know he is a RINO.   Jim.

On 3/9/2022 at 9:38 AM, Bubbacs said:

The tipping point is happening like that cool design of dominos all lined up and playing nice with each other. The only problem here is the Illinois domino is a full inch to the LEFT. Every one falls in place except the Illinois domino and it’s LEFT standing all by itself.

🤣😂

On 3/12/2022 at 9:36 AM, richp said:

You don't understand.

Illinois residents -- unlike those of other states -- are inherently untrustworthy and incapable of responsible exercise of their rights. The state must see that we are protected from ourselves. (Now how do you turn the purple off???)

You got that right, since a majority of them keep reelecting the idiots that messed it all up.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2022 at 10:01 PM, davel501 said:

The trib just told the world they don't know the difference between the FOID and a CCL. 

Most of the readership doesn't know, either. Their point of view is "It's a gun thing. Guns are bad."

On 3/21/2022 at 11:23 PM, RandyP said:

I am uneducated in this form of legal carry - can my Hoosier relative (who has an Indiana lifetime permit) use constitutional carry to carry in other States?

No. Carry within any given state is controlled by that state's laws (until and unless there's a federal law, like LEOSA but for regular people).

To carry in Illinois they need an Illinois ccl, as I’m pretty sure Illinois has no reciprocity with any other states.  I think people with a ccl from other states are allowed to pass through the state in their car while carrying, but if they stop they have to secure it similar to how you would with a foid.  Correct?  

I’m not sure though if that applies the same for someone from say Indiana or Ohio, both of which will have constitutional carry who pass through Illinois.

On 3/22/2022 at 12:30 AM, illinois_buckeye said:

I’m not sure though if that applies the same for someone from say Indiana or Ohio, both of which will have constitutional carry who pass through Illinois.

In IL, they'd need a resident card from their home state. All states with permitless carry, except VT, provide cards to their non-prohibited residents for when they're in other states that honor, to some degree or other, other states' carry permits.

I really liked the stupid in the Tribune article, it is not going to be easier to buy a firearm, there are still background checks the same as now.  The great state of Indiana will still be issuing a "license to Carry" for people that want to be able to carry to states that recognize the Indiana license.  Indiana now issues two different types of License to Carry, a five year and a "lifetime."  They are the same price which is the price of fingerprinting, yes, that is all it costs and the fingerprinting fee is standard across the state, $12.95.  Disclaimer; the liberal stronghold of Marion County, think Indianapolis, does charge a small fee for the license.

If you do read the Tribune article I love the way it complains about how there was an unrelated bill gutted and replaced with the original language of the bill passed in the house and later changed in the senate.  Sounded to me like a "shell bill" that was invented and perfected by Madigan and friends.   Jim.

On 3/21/2022 at 9:01 PM, davel501 said:

The trib just told the world they don't know the difference between the FOID and a CCL. 

https://www.chicagotribune.com/opinion/editorials/ct-editorial-indiana-guns-holcomb-veto-20220321-uu4kqq33knajxh46k7bmylz5qu-story.html

I am constantly amazed at the Libune either s showing their utter ignorance of the law or quite possibly just outright fabricating things to push their liberal agenda 🤮

Archived