What is YOUR #1 Firearms Priority in Illinois?

tkroenlein

Priorities  

211 members have voted

1. 1. What is your #1 Gun Rights Priority in Illinois?

• Reduce/Eliminate Prohibited Places in CC Law
    • Reduce/Eliminate Penalties for Violations of CC Law
    • Reduce/Eliminate CC Permit Fees
    • Reduce/Eliminate CC Training Requirements
    • Eliminate the FOID
    • Eliminate Waiting Periods for New Firearm Purchases
    • Open Carry
    • Eliminate Ban on NFA Firearms/Accessories
    • UUW/FOID/FCCA Preemption of Wildlife Code
    • State Law Preemption of ALL Firearms/Eliminate All Homerule Ordinances

Hopefully there is a Poll attached to this. It is fairly broad and straightforward. Let's take the temperature of the membership.

:)

ETA: To clarify, these are all legislative priorities that I've described here. Make no mistake, each of these is a monument in it's own right. Many of these categories could positively or negatively affect other categories, depending on any change made to the statutes to accomplish a specific goal. Carry On.

There are so many.

I voted NFA. I know it will likely never happen, but to fix the "trust" issue and also allow suppressors would be my top priority at this point. The public health benefits of suppressor use would be enormous if we could change the legal culture regarding suppressors in the state and nationwide.

Full civil rights for non residents would be second.

Of the ones offered I chose to Reduce/Eliminate penalties.

I'd like to see the force of law removed from violations of GFZ signs/zones.

If that can't be accomplished or will take much longer than anticipated,then have the violations reduced to a simple ticket or summons which doesn't stay on your record for life(3 and you're done for good).A year on the record,or as long as each 5 yr. license cycle,as bad as those options sound, are better than what we have now.

Of the ones offered I chose to Reduce/Eliminate penalties.I'd like to see the force of law removed from violations of GFZ signs/zones.If that can't be accomplished or will take much longer than anticipated,then have the violations reduced to a simple ticket or summons which doesn't stay on your record for life(3 and you're done for good).A year on the record,or as long as each 5 yr. license cycle,as bad as those options sound, are better than what we have now.

That was my choice as well.

Not on there:

1. Introduce guns to new people and take them shooting

2. Public trans ban specifically

I considered adding public trans, specifically, but opted not to. While it may affect the most people as an individual category, the 23(?) categories of prohibited places affect everyone. Thus, if we were to focus our push on one category, it would be included in the greater statutory GFZ group.

Not on there:

I considered adding public trans, specifically, but opted not to. While it may affect the most people as an individual category, the 23(?) categories of prohibited places affect everyone. Thus, if we were to focus our push on one category, it would be included in the greater statutory GFZ group.

Fair enough.

Not on there:

Fair enough.

I can honestly say though, the trans ban is the biggest slap in the face in the whole law. It may even have the highest level of demonstrated need of any GFZ. It definitely should be #1 on the GFZ list.

My #2 gripe about the whole law, is the CFP ban. It is the ONE thing that is inconsistent with the rest of the state.

Not on there:

I voted "reduce/elimate ...," but more specifically, what you stated: public transportation. People should not be put at the mercy of criminals because they have to use public transportation but, unlike criminals, obey the law. With the level of violent crime on the CTA, I believe this is vital. People who cannot afford a car, or those stuck on buses/trains going into the Loop, should not be exposed to the death penalty because they are underprivileged or forced to ride in the enclosed deathboxes in order to get to their jobs. FCS, the libs cry rivers to keep murdering ghouls from getting the death penalty, but have no problem exposing law abiding citizens to it.

I vote for #2 because as much as I'd like to see certain places elimated from the CPZ list (such as but not limited to: library's, zoo's, parks, public transit, etc... ... ...) I still think the wisest move would be to at the least reduce, or even better ELIMINATE, the "criminal" penalty for carrying in a CPZ. That would then effectively negate ALL the places on that "list"! There are plenty of other states that their "CPZ signs" do NOT hold "force of law". While I still don't "condone" giving any person or company who is anti 2a my hard earned $, I still think violating a CPZ should not be a CRIME. Regardless of whether one did so on accident, or bluntly on purpose. At worst they should be able to "ask you to leave" meanwhile NOT making you a CRIMINAL! Then it wouldn't matter if you got caught carrying on the CTA, or in your local library, they'll just ask you to leave, then of course you do so (and don't wind up a criminal for it)!

So my number one first priority is to see the penalty for carrying in an "off limits" place preferably eliminated, or at the very least, reduced!

I went with the elimination of penalty of violating CCW law....specifically getting rid of the force of law on those dang blasted no-gun-zone signs.

The next thing I'd like is to get rid of the 23 crash landings of mandatory GFZ's. Whittle them down to just 2. Court rooms when court is in session, and LEO offices/places of incarceration.

I went with the elimination of penalty of violating CCW law....specifically getting rid of the force of law on those dang blasted no-gun-zone signs.

The next thing I'd like is to get rid of the 23 crash landings of mandatory GFZ's. Whittle them down to just 2. Court rooms when court is in session, and LEO offices/places of incarceration.

I'll go with court and prisons, but I can't even agree with "police stations" (or more directly quoted "LEO offices") personally. There are plenty of other places where you're allowed to CC (even OC) in police "depot's", I've even personally carried (legally) in police stations previously myself!

I voted for the fee reduction, but a huge issue I also see if the horrible processing time for CCLs. 90 days with prints is ridiculous and 120 days without prints is beyond insane. The applicants already have a FOID and if it were any sort of criminal investigation, the results would be back within hours if not minutes. The objection clause for LEO is bureaucratic fat that needs to be trimmed way down. Boards meeting periodically to review appeals is maddening. Apply the same process to most any entitlement program and there would be torches and pitchforks in the street.

Reduce/Eliminate penalties.

If you get that, then eliminating GFZs is pretty much a given. Let them put up their signs and feel better that they've "done something" to "reduce violent crime". If there's no penalty or if the penalty is trivial, we will carry in GFZs anyway and no one will know.

I still can't believe we have all these GFZs...especially the special treatment of Cook forest preserves. It's so stupid. I know a lot of people sacrificed a lot and worked hard to get what we have...but considering IL was going to get constitutional carry if no bill was passed, our side should have just let that happen rather than get a low -quality law. "We" had the antis balls in a ringer. We should've gotten a better law. The alternative was a total free-for-all that the antis could not let happen at all costs.

considering IL was going to get constitutional carry if no bill was passed, our side should have just let that happen rather than get a low -quality law. "We" had the antis balls in a ringer. We should've gotten a better law. The alternative was a total free-for-all that the antis could not let happen at all costs.
That was never going to happen, if we had tried to call the antis bluff on it we would have gotten a much worse bill when our moderate supporters panic and vote for the Chicago-approved may (not) issue billSent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Archived