Pritzker admin already planning on going after registered guns?

steveTA84

On 9/21/2023 at 4:30 PM, mab22 said:

What makes you so sure they have to go FFL to FFL to get the data and they don't already have it?

Got it from where? 

Manufacturer -》FFL [-》FFL] (paper book) -》Owner. 

Illinois tried to make it electronic that failed. 

Also paying for an firearm is not prrof of ownership. 

On 9/21/2023 at 4:30 PM, mab22 said:

What makes you so sure they have to go FFL to FFL to get the data and they don't already have it?

Its only a part-time gig for me, but it's my sole purpose for being there - 4473, take the customer's money, run ISP background check, put it all together and file it, give the customer their gun after 72 hours and we recheck FOID and paperwork. The ISP gets no specific gun information and it all stays in-house. 

On 9/22/2023 at 8:23 AM, countyline said:

Its only a part-time gig for me, but it's my sole purpose for being there - 4473, take the customer's money, run ISP background check, put it all together and file it, give the customer their gun after 72 hours and we recheck FOID and paperwork. The ISP gets no specific gun information and it all stays in-house. 

I used to be, Clinton p... me off in the late 90's, I only used my FFL just for purchases for myself.

Correct me if I'm wrong (it does happen often) but now a days a local FFL can't even get the prices these gunbroker guys are selling for. Large bulk purchases...

On 9/22/2023 at 10:12 AM, SiliconSorcerer said:

I used to be, Clinton p... me off in the late 90's, I only used my FFL just for purchases for myself.

Correct me if I'm wrong (it does happen often) but now a days a local FFL can't even get the prices these gunbroker guys are selling for. Large bulk purchases...

We are a relatively large retailer in the middle of the state and we buy from a couple of distributers - I'm sure we get a good deal based on volume but I don't see the numbers. 

On 9/22/2023 at 10:12 AM, SiliconSorcerer said:

I can tell you as a home based FFL that it is hard to believe the prices I see some stuff selling for. They are either getting massive discounts or taking a loss on everything they sell.

On 9/26/2023 at 1:16 PM, SiliconSorcerer said:

I think your still required to keep record of that sale for 10 years, that's why 10+ year old firearm prices are soaring. 

That's for an individual......for an out of state FFL it just goes straight to their book of business. Its not my fault if they moved it under the table after that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 9/6/2023 at 9:14 AM, G214me said:

Soon enough we'll see which members of the LE community honor their oath and which ones become the Nazi / Stasi / KGB and go after law abiding citizens who for the most part support LE. Hopefully all the Sheriffs will continue their promise to NOT enforce this garbage. As far as the Illinois State Police I notice they're coming up with plans for law abiding gun owners. If they want to do some "enforcement" of gun laws maybe they should be be looking for gang members with no FOID card, Glock switches, etc.

Makes you wonder about Pritzker's plans for those non-citizen LEO's. 

Sorry but if you are not a citizen today, you shouldn't have arresting powers either.  I was in the 19th precinct building last week.  The extreme majority there were 20 something males.  Majority were with face or neck tattoos and very capable of working.  Every one of them from Venezuela.  Mexico and Biden must be making money hand over fist right now.  Figure there is at least 20,000 crossing every day.  Multiplied by $5000 which is the low end they ALL pay.  My calculator doesn't go that high.  I'd have to be a complete sucker to believe they are all claiming asylum appropriately.

On 9/27/2023 at 2:06 PM, Jeffrey said:

Sorry but if you are not a citizen today, you shouldn't have arresting powers either.  I was in the 19th precinct building last week.  The extreme majority there were 20 something males.  Majority were with face or neck tattoos and very capable of working.  Every one of them from Venezuela.  Mexico and Biden must be making money hand over fist right now.  Figure there is at least 20,000 crossing every day.  Multiplied by $5000 which is the low end they ALL pay.  My calculator doesn't go that high.  I'd have to be a complete sucker to believe they are all claiming asylum appropriately.

The Mexican cartels and the Bidens are making money hand over fist.

Sadly we don't know about all the human trafficking going on. How many kids are not making it across the borders, if they do where are they ending up?

We send those countries BILLIONS in AIDE, use it to build schools and such, or its cut off now, no more excuses.

Funny how all these "sanctuary" states,cities, counties, can find millions to take care of the illegals, but they "aint got 💩" for our Citizens, vet's,the general poor and elderly.

On 9/27/2023 at 2:06 PM, Jeffrey said:

The same could be said about giving "non-citizens" the right to vote in our elections.  IIRC, "Jabba" is planing to (or already has) sign legislation that would allow these people to vote and get driver's licenses even if they can't read/understand English.  I believe that "Nutty Newsom" is doing the same thing in CA and that may be where "Jabba" got the idea.

On 9/27/2023 at 10:26 PM, JTHunter said:

The same could be said about giving "non-citizens" the right to vote in our elections.  IIRC, "Jabba" is planing to (or already has) sign legislation that would allow these people to vote and get driver's licenses even if they can't read/understand English.  I believe that "Nutty Newsom" is doing the same thing in CA and that may be where "Jabba" got the idea.

A country without boarders is not a country.  I fear we're already past expiry.

On 9/28/2023 at 10:03 AM, davel501 said:

You need to clear your autocomplete on your phone. You are actually saying the opposite of what you mean. lol.

image.png.c1feb7495a5247643c896fd2f2f33046.png

Siri has never been kind to me.  Good catch regardless.

ETA:  Now I'm locked out of the post to fix it.  

Edited by Jeffrey

There was an interview a few days ago of one trapped in razor wire at the border.  She said she was coming for "opportunity."  They then interviewed a family with a bunch of young kids.  They said they came so the kids could get a good education.  I'm tired of this "asylum" crap.  There is no asylum from poverty.  Just ask all the American citizens stuck in poverty on the south and west sides of Chicago, who are being pushed out of their parks and other amenities for "asylum seekers."  Not to mention, all the school overcrowding, as they are "entitled" to attend school as soon as they cross the border.  Democrats are destroying our country simply so they can perpetually rule over what remains of it.

On 9/30/2023 at 6:11 AM, 2A4Cook said:

I'm tired of this "asylum" crap.  There is no asylum from poverty. 

There are some actual asylum seekers in the mix.

In Venezuela in particular, in addition to a failed economy, they are fleeing gang violence w/extortion.

Just remember, in all the countries right now with a outflux of "migrants" and "asylum seekers", none of those that are fleeing can own their own firearms, just the gangs.

I think we've distorted the original meaning of the work asylum. Asylum has always meant sanctuary from political persecution by one's government without fear of extradition back to that government.

If there are actual people needing asylum then figure that out and send the rest back.

Our asylum process was never intended for the purpose of fleeing economic or even civil unrest. Those doing so might be refugees and might be afforded refugee status but distorting our asylum process for the sole purpose of 'legally' allowing illegal immigrants to stay in our country waters down and insults both our legal immigration process and our asylum process.

I think it's being done for the purpose of destroying the concept of national borders, thereby destroying individual nations (look what happened to the EU), thereby allowing the ushering in of a new global, one-world government run by a very few selected, unelected overlords who will decide who gets what, and how much 'freedom' you'll be allowed to have based on your cooperation with them.

I think I recall hearing a number of about 150,000/year as the number of legal immigrants we can absorb without significant stress or upheaval in this country. More would begin to dilute the job pool and the social support networks.

We have now had more illegal immigrants invade this country than the population of some of our states. They admit to 20 million..., that we know of... I wouldn't be surprised if that number was much higher.

It's not a conspiracy theory if there's an actual conspiracy behind it and it's looking more and more like this is intentional every day. The purpose of which is to destroy western civilization, democracy, capitalism, and Christianity. I think this is actually a spiritual battle, not a political or economic one, and we're losing.

^This. 

As long as America is a sovereign nation,  the globalists' goal will never be reached.  They know this. By diluting our population and disregarding borders, the idea of a sovereign nation slips further away. 

That is why legal immigration teaches the Constitution, and American history, and encourages assimilation, while still allowing a person to maintain their culture. It is not bad when followed. Those people appreciate the freedoms of America and are more inclined to defend the idea of a sovereign country. 

People who come here illegally are not taught anything about America, and have no regard for the rule of law.  So when the time comes to dissolve our nation, there will be little resistance from the masses. The number of people who will have no idea of why we must remain sovereign will overwhelm the rest of the nation and then anything can be voted in. 

On 9/30/2023 at 12:22 PM, dogsoldier321 said:

^This. 

As long as America is a sovereign nation,  the globalists' goal will never be reached.  They know this. By diluting our population and disregarding borders, the idea of a sovereign nation slips further away. 

That is why legal immigration teaches the Constitution, and American history, and encourages assimilation, while still allowing a person to maintain their culture. It is not bad when followed. Those people appreciate the freedoms of America and are more inclined to defend the idea of a sovereign country. 

People who come here illegally are not taught anything about America, and have no regard for the rule of law.  So when the time comes to dissolve our nation, there will be little resistance from the masses. The number of people who will have no idea of why we must remain sovereign will overwhelm the rest of the nation and then anything can be voted in. 

Globalization is dead. Biden is one of the most isolationist presidents in a long time. Globally, the population is collapsing. Watch China for how bad things get. There's a reason that manufacturing is moving back in a big way to the nafta countries. We've got 3% unemployment that they can't fix with high interest rates - the opposite of the stagflation when all the boomers entered the job market and competed salaries down. We need all the unskilled labor we can get that will take lower wages to get inflation in check as more manufacturing picks up. The average boomer is now retired so we've got a little less than a decade of this to go. 

On 9/30/2023 at 5:08 PM, davel501 said:

Globalization is dead. Biden is one of the most isolationist presidents in a long time. Globally, the population is collapsing. Watch China for how bad things get. There's a reason that manufacturing is moving back in a big way to the nafta countries. We've got 3% unemployment that they can't fix with high interest rates - the opposite of the stagflation when all the boomers entered the job market and competed salaries down. We need all the unskilled labor we can get that will take lower wages to get inflation in check as more manufacturing picks up. The average boomer is now retired so we've got a little less than a decade of this to go. 

I don't like illegal immigration and would prefer the borders closed.  But I think I understand the implications and I do agree with you that unskilled labor shortage is one of the primary drivers of inflation.  I think people who are real drivers behind Biden's administration are aware of that as well, and are working hard to reverse the reduction in illegal immigration during the Trump years.

So I think one of the main reasons behind open borders is purely economic.   Note that this does not mean that rmart is wrong.  On the contrary, I think he is right as well, and the destruction of society's moral standards and education is real.  

Globalization is indeed dead.  The world is being divided into large economic zones which will attempt to establish a direct control over raw materials; the war in Ukraine is but a part of that.

Edited by roundkot

On 9/30/2023 at 7:14 AM, mikew said:

There are some actual asylum seekers in the mix.

In Venezuela in particular, in addition to a failed economy, they are fleeing gang violence w/extortion.

Just remember, in all the countries right now with a outflux of "migrants" and "asylum seekers", none of those that are fleeing can own their own firearms, just the gangs.

Becoming the same way in Illinois heading towards bankruptcy and disarming the law abiding and favoring the criminals. People are fleeing Illinois too. They are the future voters and Illinois is welcoming them with open arms.