Pritzker admin already planning on going after registered guns?

steveTA84

As this Court explained in its prior decision, “[a]rtificial limits will eventually lead to disarmament. It is an insidious plan to disarm the populace and it depends on for its success a subjective standard of ‘necessary’ lethality. It does not take the imagination of Jules Verne to predict that if all magazines over 10 rounds are somehow eliminated from California, the next mass shooting will be accomplished with guns holding only 10 rounds. To reduce gun violence, the state will close the newly christened 10-round ‘loophole’ and use it as a justification to outlaw magazines holding more than 7 rounds. The legislature will determine that no more than 7 rounds are ‘necessary.’ Then the next mass shooting will be accomplished with guns holding 7 rounds. To reduce the new gun violence, the state will close the 7-round ‘loophole’ and outlaw magazines holding more than 5 rounds determining that no more than 5 rounds are ‘suitable.’ And so it goes, until the only lawful firearm law-abiding responsible citizens will be permitted to possess is a single-shot handgun. Or perhaps, one gun, but no ammunition. Or ammunition issued only to persons deemed trustworthy.”

Roger T. Benitez
United States District Judge
September 22, 2023
Virginia Ducan v. Rob Bonta

Seriously,  Does any firearm owner in Illinois trust the legislative body anymore? If you do, I have a bridge I can sell you. 

On 10/17/2023 at 3:01 PM, John Q Public said:

Not here or there, but something a passing thought (not pistol) many shotguns have threaded barrels for chokes. NFN, I just wanted to toss that out there.

That's the difference between internal and external threads.

More importantly, many popular semi-auto shotguns (Rem. 870 & others) are OK with regular shells (2.75 - 3.5").  BUT - if you load minishells into that same gun, it is now considered an "assault weapon" simply because you can put more than 5 minishells in the gun.

On 10/17/2023 at 9:40 PM, JTHunter said:

That's the difference between internal and external threads.

More importantly, many popular semi-auto shotguns (Rem. 870 & others) are OK with regular shells (2.75 - 3.5").  BUT - if you load minishells into that same gun, it is now considered an "assault weapon" simply because you can put more than 5 minishells in the gun.

But a 7+ round pump is okay? 

On 10/17/2023 at 10:15 PM, mab22 said:

But a 7+ round pump is okay? 

From what I understand from Todd's videos - MAYBE.  Semiauto shotguns are limited to 5 rounds.  If you have a one of those mag tube extensions, it has to come off.  And a shotgun like that Keltec with the twin magazine tubes is also banned.

Edited by JTHunter

On 10/17/2023 at 9:40 PM, JTHunter said:

BUT - if you load minishells into that same gun, it is now considered an "assault weapon" simply because you can put more than 5 minishells in the gun.

I would argue if the barrel says '2 3/4 inch shells' its not your fault if the wrong ammo works in it........at that rate a 50bmg can chamber in a 12ga but I wouldn't recommend it.

On 10/18/2023 at 9:30 AM, yurimodin said:

I would argue if the barrel says '2 3/4 inch shells' its not your fault if the wrong ammo works in it........at that rate a 50bmg can chamber in a 12ga but I wouldn't recommend it.

Interesting point,

Could it also be said that 4.5 inch shells, if they exist (Or maybe there is extra wading), in a shotgun that holds 5 3.5 inch shells, now only holds 3 x 4.5" shells? Shouldn't that be a legal configuration?

Edited by mab22

On 10/18/2023 at 9:30 AM, yurimodin said:

If what I've heard is correct as I believe it to be, just having those minishells in the magazine with more than 5 total is enough to have the 870 deemed as an AW.

Whether or not the gun can function with those shells is "immaterial and irrelevant".

On 10/10/2023 at 11:25 AM, steveTA84 said:

This is how a person can tell ISP is lying. That language would have "affidavit", were it true. Since they technically can't disclose FOID/CCL Information, this is where you arrive at the hunch that it's nothing but a LIE.

Edited by crufflesmuth