McDonalds Corporate Policy - GFZ signs?

Craigcelia

Hi all,

Does anyone know what McDonalds Corporate Policy is on posting the signs on corporate (not franchise) stores?

My local MCD never posted before and this morning bam, there it was. I spoke with the shift manager, asked how I could get hold of the owner of the store (email, complaint phone number). The guy asks if all was okay, I tell him all was good except for that GFZ sign in his window. He tells me to call an 800 number as the store is corporate owned.

Before I call this week, anyone familiar with MCD corporate policy on this with regard to their individual stores? I added it to POSTED.

It's the one in Bloomingdale at Roselle/Lake.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all, Does anyone know what McDonalds Corporate Policy is on posting the signs on corporate (not franchise) stores? My local MCD never posted before and this morning bam, there it was. I spoke with the shift manager, asked how I could get hold of the owner of the store (email, complaint phone number). The guy asks if all was okay, I tell him all was good except for that GFZ sign in his window. He tells me to call an 800 number as the store is corporate owned. Before I call this week, anyone familiar with MCD corporate policy on this with regard to their individual stores? I added it to POSTED. It's the one in Bloomingdale at Roselle/Lake. Thanks in advance. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I almost never believe the "corporate policy" line anymore.

This is from September 2013

McDonald’s and Dunkin Donuts Both Issue Statements About Gun Carry in Their Stores
Both McDonald’s and Dunkin Donuts issued statements saying their stores and franchises will abide by local and state laws

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/mcdonalds-and-dunkin-donuts-both-issue-statements-allowing-guns-in-stores/

McDonald's Corp. has hired former White House spokesman Robert Gibbs to be its new top public relations official. The move comes as the fast food giant is fighting an effort by organized labor to unionize its restaurants that is being boosted by administration appointees.

Chief Executive Officer Steve Easterbrook called Gibbs a "highly respected, talented [leader] who will bring a wealth of experience and outside perspective to McDonald's as we build a more modern, progressive burger company.
"In his new role, Gibbs will lead McDonald's corporate relations group, which manages internal and external communications and government and public affairs. He will lead McDonald's in communicating clear, coordinated messages to internal and external constituencies, enhancing the brand and supporting corporate strategies," the company said in its announcement.

Coincident?

No, I'm thinking the person you talked to just 'winged' it, and didn't want to make any statement about a sign but didn't want to take any stand. So he fell back on the old "kick that can down the road and blame the mysterious "Corporate Entity" for anything the customer doesn't like.

You left the store after a bit, so problem solved and he isn't thinking about it at all.

No, I'm thinking the person you talked to just 'winged' it, and didn't want to make any statement about a sign but didn't want to take any stand. So he fell back on the old "kick that can down the road and blame the mysterious "Corporate Entity" for anything the customer doesn't like.

You left the store after a bit, so problem solved and he isn't thinking about it at all.

Oh, I see. Could very well be. He specifically said the store was corporate owned, not a franchise. Who knows. Well see if I get a response back from corporate.

Hi all, Does anyone know what McDonalds Corporate Policy is on posting the signs on corporate (not franchise) stores? My local MCD never posted before and this morning bam, there it was. I spoke with the shift manager, asked how I could get hold of the owner of the store (email, complaint phone number). The guy asks if all was okay, I tell him all was good except for that GFZ sign in his window. He tells me to call an 800 number as the store is corporate owned. Before I call this week, anyone familiar with MCD corporate policy on this with regard to their individual stores? I added it to POSTED. It's the one in Bloomingdale at Roselle/Lake. Thanks in advance. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is the posted link? Now that the homepage no longer shows the ads I can't seem to find it.

Where is the posted link? Now that the homepage no longer shows the ads I can't seem to find it.

The ads run at the top of every forum page.

All the more reason not to eat that horrible food. McD's isn't doing well these days, and this isn't going to help them. So be it.

McDonald's is on their last leg.

They've been offered help that would most likely turn them around in 6 months and cost them nothing, but they will not take the deal.

Private company from Toronto that is experiencing major growth and operates in several Chicago locations and am not sure what other major cities. They don't want to change McDonald's, but just add what fits from their offerings and dedicate the resources to turning MD's back around.

Good friend was invited to invest. Gonna be a sad story for MD's if they don't say yes.

Kids do not want to eat their food and with a few exceptions on their menu, I don't know why adults want to.

Update:

I was tooling around town today, decided to stop there and see if I could deal with the General Manager. Spoke with the shift manager, said they were in between GM's, they didn't have one for that store but did say they already had a complaint about the sign and were "actively investigating". They had an acting GM that goes between stores, the shift manager recommended I call the 800 number, again. I kindly asked the shift manager to give the acting GM my "no gun no business" card, I would follow up with the 800 number.

Called the 800 number, spoke with a generic customer service rep. Filed my complaint, she acknowledged my previously sent email as well - maybe they get those also. Said the complaint will make it up the corporate ladder, etc etc. Still waiting.

I do eat there every so often, like the breakfast sandwiches mostly. The point is to have them remove the darn sign, not whether the food sucks.

Did you talk to someone there and find this out? The female manager posted it?

There was a licensee discussing firearm stuff when another customer overheard and went to the female manger complaining.

I believe that same customer ( not positive )

Brought in the signs.

I believe that is the only corp store that is posted in the Chicago co op.

They will eventually come down.

Archived