NM Governor declares “gun violence emergency” and suspends concealed and open carry in Albuquerque

steveTA84

On 9/10/2023 at 4:09 PM, steveTA84 said:

I do wonder if she is actually stupid enough to dig her hole even deeper and send the police in to charge/arrest people...  The civil liability against her and the officers could be epic since they have removed qualified immunity from police and public officials when rights are violated...

On 9/10/2023 at 4:39 PM, Flynn said:

I do wonder if she is actually stupid enough to dig her hole even deeper and send the police in to charge/arrest people...  The civil liability against her and the officers could be epic since they have removed qualified immunity from police and public officials when rights are violated...

If she does NOT try to get these folks arrested, she will prove that she is all blow hard and no do and folks will just laugh at her anytime she says anything. AND if she does get someone arrested, it would open up a court case that should be very interesting

So, to reiterate:

The Constitution establishes the federal government, and also sets limits on it's powers. Further, Article 6, Clause 2 establishes the Federal Constitution as the "supreme Law of the Land". In other words, it takes precedence over state constitutions.

The governor of New Mexico (hereafter "the governor") has taken an oath to support the Constitution of the United States.

The governor has stated that her oath to the Constitution is not absolute. But it is by that same Constitution...and not some monarch's supposed divine right...that she ultimately exercises power. 

Therefore, the emergency power that the governor claims to (but does not) have is, in her mind, allowed by a document that she plainly states she doesn't respect or feel legally bound by.

But how then can she have this authority, if the Constitution is not legally binding?

You can't make this stuff up.

On 9/10/2023 at 4:39 PM, Flynn said:

Yes. She is stupid enough. Now she’s going after Ted Lieu LOFL

B7422229-6090-491F-9482-DE34E4E1152B.thumb.jpeg.b1a3f4c9729742fbd3c53c6ce655d8b6.jpeg

On 9/10/2023 at 5:04 PM, ragsbo said:

If she does NOT try to get these folks arrested, she will prove that she is all blow hard and no do and folks will just laugh at her anytime she says anything. AND if she does get someone arrested, it would open up a court case that should be very interesting

Yeah, she put herself in a pickle with a knee-jerk EO... If she was smart she would rescind the order ASAP and eat crow...

Wikipedia said:
A stalking horse is a figure used to test a concept or mount a challenge on behalf of an anonymous third party. If the idea proves viable or popular, the anonymous third party can then declare its interest and advance the concept with little risk of failure. If the concept fails, the anonymous party will not be tainted by association with the failed concept and can either drop the idea completely or bide its time and wait until a better moment for launching an attack.

On 9/10/2023 at 9:05 PM, Flynn said:

Just a thought, it might be a revealing and interesting FOIA to request all her communications associated with guns since the shooting of the 11-year-old child and her implementing this and post 72 hours of implementing it...  I just can't help but wonder if this move was fed to her by one of the usual suspects...

CF85DAFD-2893-44F0-AD9D-EC5559DF0C7E.thumb.jpeg.0095e17cd2b86412b7a378aa7398865d.jpeg

On 9/10/2023 at 10:38 PM, Flynn said:

The 'public health crisis' spinword is spreading... I almost never watch the news, but the TV was still on after Football tonight and NBC News 5 just said that Lake Michigan drownings need to be treated/addressed as a 'public health crisis 

Great. Now we're going to have to explain to those idiots why it's a bad idea to ban water. 

On 9/10/2023 at 10:47 PM, davel501 said:

Great. Now we're going to have to explain to those idiots why it's a bad idea to ban water. 

Dihydrogen monoxide is found in abundance in the bodies of everyone who has ever died.  We clearly need to ensure that nobody comes in contact with this dangerous substance.

Penn & Teller did a wonderful episode of their famous show Bullsh*t about how many idiots would sign such a petition to ban it.

On 9/10/2023 at 11:18 PM, Upholder said:

Dihydrogen monoxide is found in abundance in the bodies of everyone who has ever died.  We clearly need to ensure that nobody comes in contact with this dangerous substance.

Penn & Teller did a wonderful episode of their famous show Bullsh*t about how many idiots would sign such a petition to ban it.

Yep, I remember that one.  Idiot after idiot signed the petition to ban water. 

I got my paraphrase a little off as I was just casually listening, they left out crisis' but anyway they still called it a public health issue...  I would personally call it more of a lack of education, and just like I preach that gun safety should be a mandatory school class every year, I also believe water safety which includes learning how to swim should also be mandatory in schools...

As of Sunday, there have been 38 drownings on Lake Michigan so far this year, which is on par with 2022, said Dave Benjamin, executive director of the non-profit Great Lakes Surf and Rescue Project.

"The reason why drownings continue to be a huge problem not just in the Great Lakes region, but nationwide is because Drowning is a public health issue," he said. "And it continues to be a neglected public health issue."

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/water-safety-stressed-in-wake-of-recent-lake-michigan-drownings/3224760/

So I read this article today, yeah I know it's from a UK media outlet, but it has been picked up by several US media outlets and republished, it irks me that an enumerated right is framed as Republican vs Democrat...

And of course I just have to laugh when they bring up that some proclaim this will bring down violent crime, it's true 🤡🌎 mentality...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2023/09/11/new-mexico-gun-ban-albuquerque-michelle-lujan-grisham/

Edited by Flynn

First, she does not have jurisdiction. Second, this goes beyond the second amendment. Even Welch and Harmon pretend to follow due process; that extends to 

the legislature. 

What we just saw was a clear violation of civil rights. 

I believe New Mexico is the dry-run for the "public health" order scheme, MDA has been so desperate to push in wake of COVID. 

Our side has to be careful: David Hogg is NOT a liberal. He has the same goals, but under the slow long legislative due-process.

Many people on the anti-violence side will use this to claim their pro-2a credentials. Be wary. 

Due process has been violated. Instead of people having a legislative discussion a governor, not a mayor has decided to 

start arbitrarily deciding which rights to restrict based on precedent of restrictions COVID set. 

This needs to be shut down hard. It's not enough to simply say the second amendment has been violated. 

She literally decided to start ignoring laws and claim she was the law, not people, courts and circumstances.

Edited by crufflesmuth

State level dems and even one of the senators for the state have denounced her for it. Even the gun control supporting sheriffs in the 2 counties have said they’re not abiding by this. She even attacked one of them over it. It’s not gonna end well for her. Oh, and a Biden judge just put one of the lawsuits on the back burner until further notice so he could help her out (Thanks Biden voters)

On 9/11/2023 at 9:27 PM, crufflesmuth said:

First, she does not have jurisdiction. Second, this goes beyond the second amendment. Even Welch and Harmon pretend to follow due process; that extends to 

the legislature. 

What we just saw was a clear violation of civil rights. 

I believe New Mexico is the dry-run for the "public health" order scheme, MDA has been so desperate to push in wake of COVID. 

Our side has to be careful: David Hogg is NOT a liberal. He has the same goals, but under the slow long legislative due-process.

Many people on the anti-violence side will use this to claim their pro-2a credentials. Be wary. 

Due process has been violated. Instead of people having a legislative discussion a governor, not a mayor has decided to 

start arbitrarily deciding which rights to restrict based on precedent of restrictions COVID set. 

This needs to be shut down hard. It's not enough to simply say the second amendment has been violated. 

She literally decided to start ignoring laws and claim she was the law, not people, courts and circumstances.

The Lefties/Antis are p***** because they were not ready to use this one, and she just blew it for everyone. 
Didn't this already happen in Louisianan after hurricane Catrina where they actually went around confiscating all firearms?

She even got cooked by CNN this morning. She also admitted she’s doing this (banning CCW and imposing fines on those who don’t abide) to defy the Bruen and Dobbs decision. It’s an activist stunt on her part. Removal from office isn’t enough. Imprisonment at minimum, a much harsher sentence at best. No government official should ever be able to do this again and she needs to be made an example out of. Deprivation of rights is a very serious crime 

On 9/12/2023 at 8:31 AM, mab22 said:

The Lefties/Antis are p***** because they were not ready to use this one, and she just blew it for everyone. 
Didn't this already happen in Louisianan after hurricane Catrina where they actually went around confiscating all firearms?

...and it resulted in federal legislation preventing such action in the future by federal agencies.
it even got a "yes" vote by then-Senator from Illinois Barack Obama.