Ink fingerprints in Chicago Area for FL License?

Molly B.

Niles on Wednesdays by appointment

On Tuesday I was in Florida and applied in person for my Florida permit. This is how it should be done. I had an appointment which I made the day before so I walked in, gave my Illinois drivers license and waited 2 minutes. Called into a cubicle to fill out the application on their computer, they asked for my training cert but saw my retired military ID and said that was all they needed. Took 3 minutes to complete the application and paid via credit card ($102.00) right on the same machine. Walked over had my picture taken and fingerprints taken. Entire process took about 20 minutes. Now I am just waiting for the permit. Well done to Florida, they have their processes perfected.

Where does someone get ink fingerprints, done by law enforcement, for FL license if you live in Chicago area?

The prints can be taken digitally, then printed off on the FL approved cards. Shelby Co. (long ways from Chicago!) did it that way for my initial FL license as well as the renewal last year. One of the deputies prides himself in never having a set of prints rejected by FL!!!

AB

On Tuesday I was in Florida and applied in person for my Florida permit. This is how it should be done. I had an appointment which I made the day before so I walked in, gave my Illinois drivers license and waited 2 minutes. Called into a cubicle to fill out the application on their computer, they asked for my training cert but saw my retired military ID and said that was all they needed. Took 3 minutes to complete the application and paid via credit card ($102.00) right on the same machine. Walked over had my picture taken and fingerprints taken. Entire process took about 20 minutes. Now I am just waiting for the permit. Well done to Florida, they have their processes perfected.

Did mine in person at 10 AM on 1/26, approved 1/30. Card arrived in mail 2/3. Check on line per the papers they gave you.

Niles on Wednesdays by appointment

Does Niles do evening appointments?

It's been several years since I called. (847) 588-6500

Archived