Nebraska now recognizes Illinois licenses

Gamma

https://statepatrol.nebraska.gov/media/10076/ccwagltrrecognitioofillinoispermits.pdf

Based on our analysis, the standards for concealed firearm licenses issued by the State of Illinois are equal to or greater than the standards contained in Nebraska's Concealed Handgun Permit Act. It is the determination of this office that Illinois licenses should be recognized by the State of Nebraska as being equal to or greater than Nebraska's statutory standards.

I don't know whether I helped or not, but a couple months ago I sent a comment to the Nebraska Attorney General's office through their online system noting the error in the reciprocity info on the Nebraska State Patrol website that Illinois did not issue licenses, and requesting that they evaluate the Illinois licenses to see if they would meet their recognition standard (which I was confident would be met).

I've been checking their websites from time to time and noticed the new info today. Hopefully there will be a few more of these coming from the few states that use analysis of other state's standards.

I've already sent an email to the handgunlaw.us folks so they should get that updated soon as well.

I don't know whether I helped or not, but a couple months ago I sent a comment to the Nebraska Attorney General's office through their online system noting the error in the reciprocity info on the Nebraska State Patrol website that Illinois did not issue licenses, and requesting that they evaluate the Illinois licenses to see if they would meet their recognition standard (which I was confident would be met).I've been checking their websites from time to time and noticed the new info today. Hopefully there will be a few more of these coming from the few states that use analysis of other state's standards.I've already sent an email to the handgunlaw.us folks so they should get that updated soon as well.

Bravo, nice job!

Cool. I'm driving to Cali later this month. That will get me thru Utah.

I'm hopeful for Nevada, but they usually update sometime in July.

You going to apply for a California permit while you're there? After the Peruta decision it should be possible.

I doubt it. Mother-in-Law not doing well. Wife flew out yesterday. I hate flying.

Cool. I'm driving to Cali later this month. That will get me thru Utah.I'm hopeful for Nevada, but they usually update sometime in July.You going to apply for a California permit while you're there? After the Peruta decision it should be possible.

Not true. Peruta doesn't impact the Issuance if licenses to nonresidents of California.

"The patriot's blood is the seed of Freedom's tree." -Thomas Campbell

handgunlaws.us does not show that Nebraska accepts Illinois CCW?

It was updated the evening after I started this thread.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/illinois.pdf

Nebraska page includes Illinois under "Licenses this state honors"

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/nebraska.pdf

ETA:

checked and the interactive map that combines multiple licenses still has Nebraska in red for Illinois licenses. The state pages are correct though.

Archived