State Rep Arrested For Carrying While Revoked

Laws for you but not for me.

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 soundguy

• Supporting Members Team
  • 6,538 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 06:07 PM

A compromise to a lifetime FOID and the current law... in case someone here actually does seek to interest Rep Tarver in making changes.

Perhaps the FOID should should remain valid as long as the holder has a valid CCL, and for 5 years after a CCL has expired, except when the CCL/FOID has been revoked or the holder has changed residency to another state. The additional 5 years for the FOID would serve to prevent a resident from having to concurrently pay for overlapping "rights", and possibly keep some good folks out of trouble.

It would also seem reasonable that if residency was changed to a substantially similar state, a CCL could be converted to a non-resident card with appropriate fees for the production and mailing of a new card. Such residency transfer cards should then expire on the original date, as any replacement card should be.

You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.

Life is a cooperative venture... That's what makes it work.

#62 steveTA84

• 5,860 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 06:16 PM

A compromise to a lifetime FOID and the current law... in case someone here actually does seek to interest Rep Tarver in making changes.

Perhaps the FOID should should remain valid as long as the holder has a valid CCL, and for 5 years after a CCL has expired, except when the CCL/FOID has been revoked or the holder has changed residency to another state. The additional 5 years for the FOID would serve to prevent a resident from having to concurrently pay for overlapping "rights", and possibly keep some good folks out of trouble.

It would also seem reasonable that if residency was changed to a substantially similar state, a CCL could be converted to a non-resident card with appropriate fees for the production and mailing of a new card. Such residency transfer cards should then expire on the original date, as any replacement card should be.

You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.

Good lord we can actually agree on something lol. While I want the whole system tossed, this is (possibly) doable

#63 WitchDoctor

• 1,150 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 08:03 PM

If he had only fixed his headlight.

King is correct.

Go to SCC and see what they say.

3/504 Airborne

IC Sponsor

ISRA Member

Proud Parent to  wonderful, most times, kids...

Tired of Chicago B.S.

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

#64 Jeffrey

• Members
  • 5,795 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 08:40 AM

Our CC permission slip has a background check done every day. What good is the FOID? It’s time to ban it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
...and justice for all

YOUR WALLET, the only place Democrats care to drill

#65 Retired1

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 12:55 AM

Hundreds of people have let there FOID expire and had CCL REVOKED.   Some have been waiting over a year and not had CCL reinstated.  If you notice the ISP keeps reporting hundreds of CCL Revoked. They then list reason for Revocation.  But never state that if you don't apply for your FOID before it expires you get your CCL Revoked.  You also get a letter stating you have 72 hours to surrender your firearms, CCL and FOID to law enforcement, or a warrant could be issued. This is what Acting ISP Director Kelly wanted to get Team to go collect guns, FOID and CCL when your FOID expired.   What about the person who died and the widow got the letter. Several Widows in southern Illinois are terrified that they have the swat team visit.

This has to stop!  maybe the IL Supreme court will rule in favor of gun owners in the White county FOID case!

If I was a betting person, ISP Kelly will issue the State Rep a Temp FOID and say it was a clerical error.  But the hundreds of Peasants will still not have there CCL reinstated and life will go on.

Talked to a staffer for a downstate Rep last week. The staffer does several inquires a week about FOID and CCL problems.  They are now not getting any response from fire arm services!  You cannot get through by phone!!!   So Firearm owners are at the mercy of Acting Director Kelly and JB!

#66 steveTA84

• 5,860 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 12:31 AM

Wow. Missed this one

Attached Thumbnails

• F407CA19-EDFE-472D-A592-61DC50D90110.jpeg

Edited by steveTA84, 29 November 2019 - 12:32 AM.

#67 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• 4,151 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 05:37 PM

Wow. Missed this one

Well, I think that racist expressions by public officials should be immediate grounds for removal from office. That kind of idiocy should not be tolerated.

"A well educated Media, being necessary for the preservation of a free State, the right of the people to keep and read books, shall not be infringed."

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary for the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Who gets to keep and read books? The Media? Or is it the People?

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

InX89li.jpg

#68 JTHunter

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 05:57 PM

Wow. Missed this one

WOW !!  Good catch !!

“We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.” - - Abraham Lincoln

“Small minds adhere to the letter of the law; great minds dispense Justice.” - - S. C. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

Life member NAHC, Endowment member NRA

#69 steveTA84

• 5,860 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 06:06 PM

So, he gets caught in a “clerical error” in which we all would have been screwed. People engage him and he responds with what’s posted. He’s a jerk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users