Fraction of 1% of FOID card holders register banned guns in first week

Molly B.

Number of Individuals Completing a Disclosure: 2,430
Total Disclosures: 7,067
Firearms Disclosures: 4,592
Accessory Disclosures: 2,431
Ammunition Disclosures: 44

1/3rd of the way thru the 3 month time frame to register. it's kinda fascinating really....makes me wonder where this will end up.

VooDoo

On 11/2/2023 at 8:28 AM, Vodoun da Vinci said:

1/3rd of the way thru the 3 month time frame to register. it's kinda fascinating really....makes me wonder where this will end up.

VooDoo

If I remember correctly New York's compliance rate is around 18%.  Illinois might put that to shame.

Will ISP let us know how many actual criminals, gangbangers, and insane persons will be registering? Because compliance by law-abiding citizens means nothing in terms of public safety.

On second thought, Illinois gun grabbers make the public less safe if good Samaritans are discouraged from daily carry because they fear prosecution by zealots who are "traumatized" by real world events.

Edited by RECarry

On 11/1/2023 at 6:05 PM, steveTA84 said:

My advice? Don’t tell them. They’re obviously not paying attention and will probably register then. Just like the Covid shots, the more numbers they get from afraid people (like ones who were gonna lose their jobs so they submitted) the more the resistors get targeted. I get spiteful now over people who roll over to tyrannical laws. Would they register there religious affiliation with the state if the state was specifically targeting a certain denomination? Better after the fact when the registry closes, then they have skin in the game. At that point, they can get them out of state to store them. Further, Pritzker admin leaks indicate they’re gonna “close the ownership loophole” and go after people who registered. Why even bother, unless you want a letter/visit from the ISP stating gotta hand them

over 

THIS IS THE WAY..........time to shock the normies and fudds into giving a da*n

Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker responds to the rate of 0.1% of the state's 2.4 million Firearm Owners ID card holders registering banned firearms in the first month and says the banned firearms are "not that common." State Rep. Bob Morgan, D-Deerfield, who crafted the law said people are likely awaiting outcomes from the courts before they register. The deadline to register, if the law is upheld, is Jan. 1, 2024.

Edited by Upholder
Correct link

On 11/2/2023 at 3:40 PM, Upholder said:

Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker responds to the rate of 0.1% of the state's 2.4 million Firearm Owners ID card holders registering banned firearms in the first month and says the banned firearms are "not that common." State Rep. Bob Morgan, D-Deerfield, who crafted the law said people are likely awaiting outcomes from the courts before they register. The deadline to register, if the law is upheld, is Jan. 1, 2024.”

I can already see how pizza the hut will spin the compliance numbers in the above quote to say that ARs/AKs/and the like are not in common use and therefore they should be banned outright, not just “registered”. 

Edited by Arch_Stanton
Added quote from post

On 11/3/2023 at 8:30 AM, Arch_Stanton said:

Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker responds to the rate of 0.1% of the state's 2.4 million Firearm Owners ID card holders registering banned firearms in the first month and says the banned firearms are "not that common." State Rep. Bob Morgan, D-Deerfield, who crafted the law said people are likely awaiting outcomes from the courts before they register. The deadline to register, if the law is upheld, is Jan. 1, 2024.”

I can already see how pizza the hut will spin the compliance numbers in the above quote to say that ARs/AKs/and the like are not in common use and therefore they should be banned outright, not just “registered”. 

Ok JB lol 6D50D160-B827-498E-B427-859C61E60E62.thumb.jpeg.11809142c89c3966611cc796a1712bfe.jpeg

Edited by steveTA84

On 11/3/2023 at 8:30 AM, Arch_Stanton said:

'not in common use' thanks Arch. Scariest prediction of this whole mess so far.

Number of Individuals Completing a Disclosure: 2,906
Total Disclosures: 8,379
Firearms Disclosures: 5,450
Accessory Disclosures: 2,871
Ammunition Disclosures: 58

0.0012030730111311% of FOID Card holders have disclosed.

VooDoo

Edited by Vodoun da Vinci

On 11/6/2023 at 5:42 PM, Vodoun da Vinci said:

0.0012030730111311% of FOID Card holders have disclosed.

I think 0.1203730111311% of FOID Card holders have disclosed is the proper expression of the percentage you calculated, 0.0012030730111311% would be 29 FOID Card holders.

I wish it was that low... but .12% ain't bad.

Cheers,

Tim

Edited by soundguy

Sorry but I have been missing from these conversations for sometime, so if this has already been covered I apologize. Isn't the underling reason for the pretext of registering "assault weapons" and accessories is to take all your guns? If you do register and mess up and then by error don't register something or some part that should have been registered then you would lose your FOID and thus lose all your guns. They say they aren't coming after everything you own, but aren't they really? One mistake and you end up disarmed. So registration or not, because of this ambiguous law, has as part if it that they have your guns one way or the other.

if I register let's say an AR that I may have or not have and fail to register an aftermarket trigger in the same gun that is registered then am I  out of compliance and then that gun could be confiscated because a part wasn't? Then lose my FOID and the right to everything I own?

On 11/7/2023 at 1:53 PM, spec5 said:

Sorry but I have been missing from these conversations for sometime, so if this has already been covered I apologize. Isn't the underling reason for the pretext of registering "assault weapons" and accessories is to take all your guns? If you do register and mess up and then by error don't register something or some part that should have been registered then you would lose your FOID and thus lose all your guns. They say they aren't coming after everything you own, but aren't they really? One mistake and you end up disarmed. So registration or not, because of this ambiguous law, has as part if it that they have your guns one way or the other.

if I register let's say an AR that I may have or not have and fail to register an aftermarket trigger in the same gun that is registered then am I  out of compliance and then that gun could be confiscated because a part wasn't? Then lose my FOID and the right to everything I own?

all part of the design

On 11/2/2023 at 8:28 AM, Vodoun da Vinci said:

VooDoo

How many of those are actual Brick and Mortar Stores, I wonder.

On 11/7/2023 at 5:11 PM, RECarry said:

The ISP stated in Caseyville that one does NOT need a FOID card to register a firearm or accessory.  What prevents someone from SWATing a neighbor or relative by adding them to the registry without their knowledge?

Cool. So no problemo Air Soft Aficionados registering their attachments. If only they knew they were supposed to. What a hoot.

VooDoo

On 11/7/2023 at 5:11 PM, RECarry said:

The ISP stated in Caseyville that one does NOT need a FOID card to register a firearm or accessory.  What prevents someone from SWATing a neighbor or relative by adding them to the registry without their knowledge?

You need to log on to the ISP/FOID website or visit an ISP Kiosk. If you don't have a FOID, you probably need to create an account. If you wanted to SWAT me... you would need my FOID log-in and my phone, or be able to successfully impersonate me at the ISP Kiosk. I suppose a good and motivated hacker could get into my FOID account and do it. But why?

It doesn't sound like a very practical thing to do for something that has no immediate consequences, and may never have any consequences.

Cheers,

Tim