Foid Renewal Wait Time

On 7/6/2021 at 6:06 PM, Tip said:

And it begins….

Both DW and I submitted renewals this afternoon.

And yes, it had past 10 year’s residences auto filled from previous CCL application/renewal.

Other than that portal functioned as expected with virtually all info already populated.

On 7/14/2021 at 4:48 PM, Tip said:

Wife went active 7/12/2021. 6 days from submitted. Waiting on physical card.

Mine’s still under review. If I recall correctly when we did CCL renewals mine lagged hers by a couple days….

DW got her card three days after going active — so start to finish 9 days.

Mine finally went active 8/12/2021 and card in hand 8/18/2021

So, what, 43 days on mine, Start to finish.

Oh, and I mis-remembered - our CCL renewals went active the same day.

On 8/17/2021 at 3:01 PM, RECarry said:

My wife renewed her FOID on 8/03/21.  It's now listed as Issued 8/17/21   (14 days).  Waiting for the mail.

Note that my wife's name is not common, so that might expedite the review process. 

Does your wife have a full head of hair? If so and they do switch our pics,I might keep her pic[no hair on my head!]

4 hours ago, mrmagloo said:

Didn't they say the expired FOID's are good for 18 months? ..

Duration of the emergency + 18 months. The emergency proclamation means nothing expires until it's over. The 18 months is an extension on top of that.

Remember that it's not really an extension for you to file a renewal application (although it is incidentally). It's an extension for them to process it.

On 8/20/2021 at 12:28 PM, mrmagloo said:

Yeah well, I want an extension on the credit card charge until they process the damn registration.

On 8/20/2021 at 1:07 PM, Euler said:

"We won't charge your card until your order has shipped." ... if only ...

It is actions, or rather, "inaction", by the state that means I won't renew my recently expired FOID until  the ISP starts doing a better job.

I am willing to bet that those of you who have been waiting for an interminable time and finally get your replacement cards are finding out that the new expiration dates are retroactive (or nearly so) to when they processed your credit cards.  If this is correct, you are getting "short-changed" and cheated by the ISP.  They take your money than hold on to your cards for 8-18 months and only give you 9 years or less until this new card expires.

• Molly B. changed the title to Foid Renewal Wait Time
On 9/6/2021 at 3:00 PM, mauserme said:

Part of her job is to assist her constituents.

Our north suburban Rep's office is decidedly anti-2A.  But the assistant who answered my email complaint was professional and apologetic.  However, they accepted the ISP's answer without challenge. "The  CCL renewal has been assigned to an analyst, but there is no estimate when it will be processed". I think we know now that CCL renewals are in limbo, indefinitely and our Reps aren't pushing to get what we paid for.

On 9/6/2021 at 4:02 PM, RECarry said:

Our north suburban Rep's office is decidedly anti-2A.  But the assistant who answered my email complaint was professional and apologetic.  However, they accepted the ISP's answer without challenge. "The  CCL renewal has been assigned to an analyst, but there is no estimate when it will be processed". I think we know now that CCL renewals are in limbo, indefinitely and our Reps aren't pushing to get what we paid for.

So regarding new FOID applications, which should by law be processed in 30 days, after that deadline is reached, what seems to be the most effective option for potentially expediting it? So far I know...

) Having Molly send in an inquiry (not sure the specifics of what that entails).

) Sending a letter to the ISP director (I learned this from Molly a few comments previous in this same post).

) Contacting state-rep.

Anything else I'm missing? I'm gonna be at 30 days soon, so once day 31 hits, I wanna get the ball rolling as far as whatever I can do. 

On 9/6/2021 at 5:04 PM, Molly B. said:

It seems the situation can change by the month. Currently,  for first time foid applications, it appears the letter to the isp director requesting administrative hearing is the most effective. 

Thanks. I'm prob gonna do all 3, just to be extra proactive. Is there like an average time of e-mailing the director that people see results? Like for example, on average 1 week after sending in letter to the isp director, people go active? Or no?

On 9/6/2021 at 5:13 PM, HelloAll said:

Thanks. I'm prob gonna do all 3, just to be extra proactive. Is there like an average time of e-mailing the director that people see results? Like for example, on average 1 week after sending in letter to the isp director, people go active? Or no?

You cannot email the director,  must be snail mail letter.  Time frame seems to be 2-3 weeks.

Archived