Cry for help from ICHV

Black Flag

AMERICA ASKS POLL

There is currently a proposal in the state legislature to require firearms dealers to adopt certain business practices that will help prevent dangerous people from buying guns…like criminals, gang members, and domestic abusers. We’d like to know whether you agree, or disagree with each of the follow measures contained in that proposal.

Let’s start with requiring all firearms dealers to adopt basic store security measures.
  • Agree 90.10%

Disagree 6.37%

Not sure 3.52%

How do you feel about requiring all employees of firearms dealers to get criminal background checks?

Agree 93.24%

Disagree 5.33%

Not sure 1.43%

How do feel about requiring all employees of firearms dealers to receive training on how to spot a person who may be purchasing a gun for someone who cannot legally buy one themselves?

Agree 84.68%

Disagree 10.94%

Not sure 4.38%

Do you agree that all gun dealers should be licensed by the state?
  • Agree 85.54%

Disagree 9.80%

Not sure 4.66%

Would you be more likely or less likely to vote for a candidate who supports these measures?
  • More likely 79.35%

Less likely 8.37%

No difference 12.27%

79 percent is a number that can move voters. This is gonna be difficult to defend against. Although the “more likely to vote for” number is lower (66 percent) among Downstate voters, according to the crosstabs. But even 72 percent of self-identified gun owners and 73 percent of R3 voters said they would be more likely to vote for a candidate who supports those measures. That’s also enough to move voters.

Tell the Governor we need tougher restrictions on water!

The deadly facts about water:

Water is one of the primary ingredients in herbicides and pesticides.

Water can be chemically synthesized by burning rocket fuel!

Water is the leading cause of drowning.

Over consumption can cause excessive sweating, urination and even death.

100% of all serial killers, rapist and drug dealers have admitted to drinking water.

100 percent of all people exposed to water will die.

Please listen to Illinoisans and support this important legislation that will save lives !

Damn.....that was pretty good!

AMERICA ASKS POLL

There is currently a proposal in the state legislature to require firearms dealers to adopt certain business practices that will help prevent dangerous people from buying gunsâ¦like criminals, gang members, and domestic abusers. Weâd like to know whether you agree, or disagree with each of the follow measures contained in that proposal.

Letâs start with requiring all firearms dealers to adopt basic store security measures.

Agree 90.10%

Disagree 6.37%

Not sure 3.52%

How do you feel about requiring all employees of firearms dealers to get criminal background checks?

Agree 93.24%

Disagree 5.33%

Not sure 1.43%

How do feel about requiring all employees of firearms dealers to receive training on how to spot a person who may be purchasing a gun for someone who cannot legally buy one themselves?

Agree 84.68%

Disagree 10.94%

Not sure 4.38%

Agree 85.54%

Disagree 9.80%

Not sure 4.66%

Would you be more likely or less likely to vote for a candidate who supports these measures?

More likely 79.35%

Less likely 8.37%

No difference 12.27%

79 percent is a number that can move voters. This is gonna be difficult to defend against. Although the âmore likely to vote forâ number is lower (66 percent) among Downstate voters, according to the crosstabs. But even 72 percent of self-identified gun owners and 73 percent of R3 voters said they would be more likely to vote for a candidate who supports those measures. Thatâs also enough to move voters.

Who did they ask? 1000 likely Democrat voters in Chicago?

Colleen, if you wrote that message, you are a liar, shut your lying mouth.

87% my left but&%$#ek.

Go ahead, you anti rights sneaks that troll this website, tell her I said that.

Probably the same poll that was conducted that claimed a majority - including NRA members - supported UBC's, but the question was asked of people that were supposedly present or past NRA members, and whose family included current or past NRA members.

Because when it comes to pushing an agenda, real facts aren't that important, even for statistics.

When you ask a question like....Requiring all firearms dealers to adopt "basic" store security measures... that's a question that is so misleading and who in their right mind would not want basic security? Some dealers have more security that most banks do, how many stories of dealers being robbed by a man with a note have you seen on the news ?

No wonder it has 90% it should of been higher... Like others have said its all in how its asked and in what (hidden) context

Do you think cars should install "Cell phone anti distraction devices" Agree or Disagree

It's all in the wording. UBC on its own, not so bad. Registration going along with it, bad. The question is usually about UBCs only, but bills always seem to include registration. And they wonder why we kill them with fire.

This is Illinois; we've had UBC since 1968.
They want them more universaler.

Seriously. Whatever they get, it's never enough, because what they want is to end private ownership of firerearms.

what they want is to end private ownership of firearms

Yep

Actually I don't think that's the case. I think they're perfectly fine with well-to-do people storing their trap shotguns at a government monitored shooting range. And probably more beyond that. What they want to eliminate is access to firearms in anything other than closely monitored and regulated situations.

In short, they're not ok with anything the Second Amendment was supposed to protect (individual and common defense), with some leeway for other things. Basically like the old Soviet system, imagine that.

what they want is to end private ownership of firearms

Yep

Actually I don't think that's the case.

It is the case, except that they cannot reveal it again for fear the beating that they will take at the ballot box, again.

Hillary let it out of the bag earlier this year, talking about aussie-style "mandatory buybacks", which of course are confiscations.

Chelsea , while campaigning for mom, talked about changing the makeup of the SCOTUS..

AMERICA ASKS POLL

There is currently a proposal in the state legislature to require firearms dealers to adopt certain business practices that will help prevent dangerous people from buying gunsâ¦like criminals, gang members, and domestic abusers. Weâd like to know whether you agree, or disagree with each of the follow measures contained in that proposal.

Letâs start with requiring all firearms dealers to adopt basic store security measures.

Agree 90.10%

Disagree 6.37%

Not sure 3.52%

Agree 93.24%

Disagree 5.33%

Not sure 1.43%

Agree 84.68%

Disagree 10.94%

Not sure 4.38%

Agree 85.54%

Disagree 9.80%

Not sure 4.66%

More likely 79.35%

Less likely 8.37%

No difference 12.27%

79 percent is a number that can move voters. This is gonna be difficult to defend against. Although the âmore likely to vote forâ number is lower (66 percent) among Downstate voters, according to the crosstabs. But even 72 percent of self-identified gun owners and 73 percent of R3 voters said they would be more likely to vote for a candidate who supports those measures. Thatâs also enough to move voters.

I want to know if they told these people the Gun Shops are already Licensed through the Feds. Did these people know all workers in a Gun shop must have a FOID and that all FOIDS are background checked daily? These are raw questions posed to those who likely have no idea.

What if one of the questions was "All gun dealers in Illinois are licensed and regulated by the Federal government and overseen by the ATF - Do you agree with this? Or, All people who work in Gun shops must have a FOID card, which is background checked daily by the ISP through the NICS background check system - Do you agree with this?

Its all in how its asked.

That's why it's a push poll. It was designed to manipulate a specific response. See:

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=61780&p=1010214

On page 2 of this thread.

AMERICA ASKS POLL

Agree 90.10%

Disagree 6.37%

Not sure 3.52%

Agree 93.24%

Disagree 5.33%

Not sure 1.43%

Agree 84.68%

Disagree 10.94%

Not sure 4.38%

Agree 85.54%

Disagree 9.80%

Not sure 4.66%

More likely 79.35%

Less likely 8.37%

No difference 12.27%

I want to know if they told these people the Gun Shops are already Licensed through the Feds. Did these people know all workers in a Gun shop must have a FOID and that all FOIDS are background checked daily? These are raw questions posed to those who likely have no idea.

What if one of the questions was "All gun dealers in Illinois are licensed and regulated by the Federal government and overseen by the ATF - Do you agree with this? Or, All people who work in Gun shops must have a FOID card, which is background checked daily by the ISP through the NICS background check system - Do you agree with this?

Its all in how its asked.

Here is the response that I got from Drury. No surprise....

Dear James:

Thank you for your email. As you may know, I have co-sponsored the

legislation described in your email and am actively advocating for its

passage. Thank you, again, for taking the time to write to me.

If you would like to discuss this issue further, please let me know.

Very truly yours,

Scott R. Drury

Illinois State Representative

58th District

repdrury@gmail.com

(847) 681-8580

Orginal email

Dear Representative Scott Drury:

As your constituent, I respectfully urge you to oppose House Bill 1016 when

it comes up for a vote.

Currently, the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

(ATF) licenses and closely monitors all FFLs and strictly enforces any

infringement of federal law. HB 1016 goes far beyond federal law in its

mandatory regulations and red tape imposed at the state level that it would

almost assuredly force the closure of most firearm dealers, and prevent

prospective owners from opening new ones.

Again, as your constituent. I urge you to oppose House Bill 1016 in any form

when It comes up for a vote.

Thank you.

It's all in the wording. UBC on its own, not so bad. Registration going along with it, bad.

The question is usually about UBCs only, but bills always seem to include registration.

And they wonder why we kill them with fire.

My issue is that everyone talks about UBC for gun "sales", but the legislation covers all "transfers"... big difference.

The general public has absolutely no idea how many gun laws there actually are already on the books. If the Feds would enforce half of what is already law it would cut down on so many problems. Of course criminals being what they are will still break the laws and should be punished accordingly.

The general public has absolutely no idea how many gun laws there actually are already on the books. If the Feds would enforce half of what is already law it would cut down on so many problems. Of course criminals being what they are will still break the laws and should be punished accordingly.

They are all uniformed. Before we got CC i did my own poll on facebook with my friends and asked "Do you know how many states allow private individuals to carry a concealed firearm for self defense purposes?" The average i got was 5. Alot of them are people who don't care about guns, some are straight anti, and some are guns guys. The majority of people don't know anything about the laws currently around. They were all in shock when i told them 49 states allow it. We Illinois are the only ones who can not at the time.

I'm sure Colleen trolls this forum, so Colleen, if you happen to read my comment, here goes:

Why are you not going after the courts for letting these animals loose on society? People are being caught with illegal firearms, but are let free. Or they're given slap on the wrist sentences, let free, then resume their criminal activities.

Why are you not going after people that are straw purchasers? You're going after gun shops, but not chirping about prosecuting the actual people who are giving or selling guns to convicted felons? You have literally zero proof that any gun shops are selling guns to convicted felons. Why is it that you're not going after the straw purchasers? I'm actually curious to your reasoning because you feel that guns are being sold out of the back door, but have absolutely no proof of that, because it isn't happening.

Gun dealers are already strictly regulated by the ATF. Why would they risk their business and FFL to sell guns out the back door?

Your lies only confuse those who are easily confused, or lack a very rudimentary method of logically processing thoughts.

You can lie as much as you'd like, but at the end of the day, it's YOU that has to sleep at night knowing that you're one of the most unethical people in Illinois. And that's saying a lot. Using lies to accomplish your goals has no place in our society. It just serves to undermine what our nation stands for.

If your goal was to be an untrustworthy person, congrats, you've succeeded. Us gun owners, and people that respect the rights of others wouldn't even waste the saliva to spit in your face. You're that untrustworthy and worthless to us.

ETA: but then there I go, using logic again...

I was actually going to ask that, since I was thinking about that yesterday.

Has there been ANY documented cases, where a gun dealer, DIRECTLY sold to a criminal? I mean, if these stolen guns are being used to commit crimes, then yeah, makes sense they would "come from a dealer", or private seller. Since at one point, the gun has to be purchased from somewhere, and eventually stolen from the owner.

Makes me wonder what these antigun people think about Obama releasing criminals who were charged with a gun crime, are being released back on the streets. Armed with more knowledge and connections possibly made from the inside.

Why are you not going after the courts for letting these animals loose on society? People are being caught with illegal firearms, but are let free. Or they're given slap on the wrist sentences, let free, then resume their criminal activities.

I've read Colleen's writings and she sees gun "violence" through the lens of "social justice." One of the hallmarks of leftist thinking is the inability to place responsibility where it really lies. In her eyes, the people caught with illegal firearms are already the victims of social and economic injustice and to charge them with a crime on top of that is the height of injustice! The real criminals are the people who perpetuate the unequal living conditions. So her approach is not to charge victims but to enact laws that impact the privileged class who (in her eyes), profit from the conditions of Chicago's violent neighborhoods.

I've read Colleen's writings and she sees gun "violence" through the lens of "social justice." One of the hallmarks of leftist thinking is the inability to place responsibility where it really lies. In her eyes, the people caught with illegal firearms are already the victims of social and economic injustice and to charge them with a crime on top of that is the height of injustice! The real criminals are the people who perpetuate the unequal living conditions. So her approach is not to charge victims but to enact laws that impact the privileged class who (in her eyes), profit from the conditions of Chicago's violent neighborhoods.

So basically like most democrats, she's treating the symptoms of the disease versus treating the disease itself.

That's like changing your car's tires because your transmission is shot.

It's also like people treating depression with drugs and not changing the factors in their life that led to their depression.

I really wonder what she'd think of moving into their part of town without any protection but the police via a 911 call and a long wait. This is the condition she's advocating for all the good people who live among the few bad ones.

Colleen is paid by people who are paying for gun control.

Her benefactors are not paying for "make sense out of Cook Co's revolving door. justice".

They are paying for gun control and banning guns if they can.

If calling it "gun violence" and "for the children" moves the ball down the field, then so be it.

Archived