Illinois General Assembly 5/31/2019

mauserme

So is the Senate extending their session thru June 2 also, or just the House?

I'm hearing conflicting reports and so far have nothing documented about the Senate. Someone mentioned hearing it on the Senate audio but I'm not listening and who knows what was actually said.

same crossed my mind about her and Madigan having a fit!
My guess is Madigan engineered it to fail because if he wanted it to become law, it would have been called, rammed through committee and after a brief floor debate, voted on. Remember that Cullerton is the godfather to Madigan's kids. They're best buds. Willis got caught lying. A lot. She made Madigan look like a complete idiot. Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

what did I miss other than the usual commie double speak?

So is the Senate extending their session thru June 2 also, or just the House?

I'm hearing conflicting reports and so far have nothing documented about the Senate. Someone mentioned hearing it on the Senate audio but I'm not listening and who knows what was actually said.

I'm told nothing has been said about the Senate extending it's session. That could change, of course.

1581 page, double sided, budget dropped on Reps desk about 2 this afternoon. Hope they can read quick.....

Well, since the Democrats hold the governor's office and both sides of the statehouse, I guess this is the Republicans' fault.

Yep, just like decades of financial mismanagement was Rauner's fault!

Well, a quick stroll to Capitolfax (using the link in this thread) indicates that some posters think it's the Republicans' fault. Imagine the temerity of these Rs speaking out when they are obviously in the "super-minority". Why, it's like they think they should actually speak up for the people that elected them. Tsk....Tsk....

FYIhttp://i.imgur.com/jd18x2Y.jpg

What loopholes is Bloomberg's everytown talking about?

The ones that allow you to actually legally purchase a firearm. I'm not a mind reader....just taking an educated guess.

they want to make universal background checks even more restrictive because in Willis' words "some people arent doing it"

What the hey!!!? So criminals will suddenly follow THIS law?! GTFOH

FYI

http://i.imgur.com/jd18x2Y.jpg

What loopholes is Bloomberg's everytown talking about?

To any dictionary, "loophole" = "the ability to violate the spirit of a law while technically obeying it due to a gap in its terms"

To them, "loophole" = "the ability to violate existing law purposefully because compliance is not coerced"

In philosophical terms, the idea that non-compliance with a law can be reduced or eliminated through the passage of more laws is called "the false idea of utility."

Given what happened in Virginia today, expect that the senate won't want to let a good tragedy go to waste and the FOID bill comes alive again tonight or over the weekend.

It still has to get out of committee. (Does the senate have procedural rules that allow committee-of-the-whole?)

And Virginia won't make the problems in this bill go away.

Virginia: An african American Democrat and government employee was the perp. Let them try.......

Was he also a vegan PETA activist? When will the government realize nothing good comes from letting them have guns?

Well, 3 common denominators for last 3 mass shooting are male, democrat, and firearm. No offense intended to anyone

The Senate is back, taking up concurrences. SB1966 should not be among them.

Have you had dinner yet?

Archived