It's National but it's Illinois. Virtue Signaling By Threatening Trump Is Off The Ballot

mikew

https://www.thecentersquare.com/illinois/article_9022cd82-d6f4-11ee-b2c7-e38de6f01d0b.html

(The Center Square) – A Cook County judge decided former President Donald Trump’s name should be removed from the Illinois primary ballot, but put a hold on the order expecting an appeal. Trump’s campaign said it will “quickly appeal.”

In a 38-page ruling, the circuit court judge said the Illinois State Board of Elections’ unanimous decision to keep Trump on the ballot is overturned.

A group of objectors challenged Trump’s access to the March 19 Illinois primary ballot alleging the former Republican president instigated an insurrection at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, and is ineligible to be elected president. Last month, the state elections board denied their objection. The group appealed to the state circuit court in Cook County.

On 2/29/2024 at 9:36 AM, mikew said:

https://www.thecentersquare.com/illinois/article_9022cd82-d6f4-11ee-b2c7-e38de6f01d0b.html

(The Center Square) – A Cook County judge decided former President Donald Trump’s name should be removed from the Illinois primary ballot, but put a hold on the order expecting an appeal. Trump’s campaign said it will “quickly appeal.”

In a 38-page ruling, the circuit court judge said the Illinois State Board of Elections’ unanimous decision to keep Trump on the ballot is overturned.

A group of objectors challenged Trump’s access to the March 19 Illinois primary ballot alleging the former Republican president instigated an insurrection at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, and is ineligible to be elected president. Last month, the state elections board denied their objection. The group appealed to the state circuit court in Cook County.

""A Cook County judge"....all you need to know.

Oh....and Donald Trump was tried and convicted of insurrection....when?

I'm sure her decision was without bias. I am equally sure that the moon is made of green cheese.

On 2/29/2024 at 9:58 AM, springfield shooter said:

""A Cook County judge"....all you need to know.

Oh....and Donald Trump was tried and convicted of insurrection....when?

I'm sure her decision was without bias. I am equally sure that the moon is made of green cheese.

Silly.  Blue moons are made from blue cheese.

They took away our God-given rights protected by the Second Amendment.  They've basically taken away our First Amendment rights vis-a-vis their tech and MSM surrogates.  Now, they feel themselves entitled to take away our right to vote.  I am sick and tired of these Democrat communist totalitarians, especially the Illinois variety.  I'm going to get the heck out of here even if I have to go somewhere relatively "free" and live in less than ideal financial circumstances.  The last thing I want to do is die and be buried in this state with fatboy's designer boot on my throat.

The primary is the only real vote I get......if they take this from me I will do absolutely EVERYTHING(and I mean EVERYTHING) in my power to ensure I pay as little tax as possible for the rest of my life.

I will COMMIT to using "illegal" and black market methods to not only prosper but flourish.  Then if I get sent to prison for it I will use every possible means to cost this illigetimate system as much as humanly possible. Everything from clog the toilets to short the power outlets to pretending to need mental health counseling(waste ALL the time & money possible).

I WILL BE THE BIGGEST UNGOVERANABLE PITA POSSIBLE. 

On 2/29/2024 at 11:07 AM, yurimodin said:

The primary is the only real vote I get......if they take this from me I will do absolutely EVERYTHING(and I mean EVERYTHING) in my power to ensure I pay as little tax as possible for the rest of my life.

I will COMMIT to using "illegal" and black market methods to not only prosper but flourish.  Then if I get sent to prison for it I will use every possible means to cost this illigetimate system as much as humanly possible. Everything from clog the toilets to short the power outlets to pretending to need mental health counseling(waste ALL the time & money possible).

I WILL BE THE BIGGEST UNGOVERANABLE PITA POSSIBLE. 

Stop it.  You're beginning to sound like a democrat.

From the OP's article-

"Wednesday, Cook County Circuit Court Judge Tracie Porter pointed to the Colorado Supreme Court’s action to remove Trump from that state’s ballot based on the 14th Amendment’s insurrectionist clause, saying it’s “persuasive law” and the court may consider it as precedent.

“Until the U.S. Supreme Court renders a decision in the Anderson v. Griswold case, now pending before it, reviewing courts are still under a constitutional obligation to apply and interpret the law, and especially, continue the momentum of the electoral process in light of the March general primary elections,” Porter said."

On 2/29/2024 at 12:17 PM, mab22 said:

Show me where he was CHARGED with insurrection?

On 2/29/2024 at 12:21 PM, yurimodin said:

He was basically acquitted by the 2nd impeachment

He was found to have “engaged in insurrection” in a Colorado court. This was upheld in the Colorado Supreme Court. The action was brought by a longtime hardcore Republican Party member.

In Maine, [Secretary of State] Bellows found that Trump could no longer run for his prior job because his role in the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol violated Section 3, which bans from office those who “engaged in insurrection.” Bellows made the ruling after some state residents, including a bipartisan group of former lawmakers, challenged Trump’s position on the ballot.

SCOTUS is looking at whether or not the insurrection clause applies to a President, not if he committed insurrection in his attempts to remain in office by attempting to overturn the 2020 election. Perhaps they will weigh in on that aspect of the dilemma.

It is not clear that one needs to have been convicted of insurrection to be ineligible to hold office.

Cheers,

Tim

A partisan charge was brought by a partisan and was heard in a partisan court with a partisan agenda with a resulting partisan ruling.

Anyone who gives any credence to the idea that Trump was fomenting insurrection and revolution is partisan themselves.

This would be the first time in history that an 'insurrection' was done by mostly peaceful protestors (the couple hundred rioters out of tens of thousands of peaceful attendees and participants notwithstanding), where no firearms were present or used, the only fatalities were committed by law enforcement, and no one was actually charged with insurrection (other than Trump).

What you had was a large number of angry (rightfully so) citizens following the media and Democrat approved example of the BLM and Antifa model of taking to the streets to make their discontent visible. Unlike the aforementioned groups they did NOT loot, burn, create autonomous zones, or engage in violent activity. There is plenty of video evidence to suggest that the violence was instigated by false-flag operators and some very frustrated but patriotic citizens got caught up in that. Ashley Babbit for example.

Regardless, a REAL investigation needs to be done that examines ALL the evidence, to find out what really happened and how high up the conspiracy went. But, we need to look at both sides participation, not just the one that suits your political agenda.

Trump was not charged and convicted with insurrection in any court that I'm aware of. Therefore, the insurrection justification for his political persecution (3rd world activity) is moot.

I don't understand why the progressives are so fearful of 'MAGA extremists'... Have they not shown they can't even 'insurrect' properly?

Edited by rmart

On 3/1/2024 at 4:33 AM, soundguy said:

He was found to have “engaged in insurrection” in a Colorado court. This was upheld in the Colorado Supreme Court. The action was brought by a longtime hardcore Republican Party member.

In Maine, [Secretary of State] Bellows found that Trump could no longer run for his prior job because his role in the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol violated Section 3, which bans from office those who “engaged in insurrection.” Bellows made the ruling after some state residents, including a bipartisan group of former lawmakers, challenged Trump’s position on the ballot.

SCOTUS is looking at whether or not the insurrection clause applies to a President, not if he committed insurrection in his attempts to remain in office by attempting to overturn the 2020 election. Perhaps they will weigh in on that aspect of the dilemma.

It is not clear that one needs to have been convicted of insurrection to be ineligible to hold office.

Cheers,

Tim

Believe whatever BlueAnon nonsense you want. 

On 3/1/2024 at 4:33 AM, soundguy said:

I always thought that “innocent until proven guilty (convicted) was a CORE concept in the American legal system.*

* note - second amendment rights excluded 🙄

On 3/1/2024 at 8:40 PM, Skolnick said:

Watch from 3:50 to 4:22, he even calls out the audience for becoming nervous when he mentions due process.

Sadly the American public has not been taught that there is a constitution, and they don’t know what’s in it.

Worse yet, is my understanding is that law schools don’t really teach constitutional law in the last decade or two, or lawyers have gotten really ignorant.

We need a constitutional revival in this country.

On 3/1/2024 at 11:24 PM, mab22 said:

Sadly the American public has not been taught that there is a constitution, and they don’t know what’s in it.

Worse yet, is my understanding is that law schools don’t really teach constitutional law in the last decade or two, or lawyers have gotten really ignorant.

We need a constitutional revival in this country.

Unfortunately I believe it is too late for that.

Prepare yourself and your loved ones for the worst.