NM Governor declares “gun violence emergency” and suspends concealed and open carry in Albuquerque

steveTA84

On 9/9/2023 at 3:41 PM, steveTA84 said:

She went too far too fast and the result is it will pump the breaks on gun control for a bit. Her own side is throwing her to the curb

I would argue she didn't go too far in their minds, but instead, they are really mad that she cut in line and revealed their playbook before they were ready to deploy it nationwide...

She has to have SKOS, special kind of stupid, like most liberals.
Here’s the video where she says “no right is absolute, nor her oath”? ….My Brian still attempting to process the illogical logic she’s trying to peddle. If nothing is absolute, then here power, derived from a constitution, isn’t absolute enough to grant her the power to suspend it. Nor is there a state supremacy over the federal constitution or laws.

Even better is her response when asked if she thinks criminals will not carry guns! DEE D DEE DEE!

On September 9, 2023 at 01:16 AM, Flynn said:
What people should be terrified of is that if they are allowed to suspend the 2nd for health reasons then rights are no longer rights and any right can all be suspended by declaration...

One statement I've heard attributed to Scalia, although I can't find any actual text, is "If the only thing necessary to suspend a constitutionally protected right is a good reason, then the constitutional protection afforded that right is meaningless."

All the news reports I have seen on this fail to explain how this is suppose to help? I understand kids were shot and all but why does she think the concealed carry or open carry folks are to blame? Sure I guess the crooks/gang bangers would be carrying open (I doubt that and I doubt they   have ccl either). SO why does she think this will have any effect except to make honest law abiding folks more vulnerable? She should explain it if she can (she can't or won't even try because it is all a scam). She should be arrested for over stepping her authority and violating the state law and US Constitution.

Edited by ragsbo

On 9/9/2023 at 6:07 PM, ragsbo said:

All the news reports I have seen on this fail to explain how this is suppose to help? I understand kids were shot and all but why does she think the concealed carry or open carry folks are to blame? Sure I guess the crooks/gang bangers would be carrying open (I doubt that and I doubt they   have ccl either). SO why does she think this will have any effect except to make honest law abiding folks more vulnerable? She should explain it if she can (she can't or won't even try because it is all a scam). She should be arrested for over stepping her authority and violating the state law and US Constitution.

She knows it won’t do anything to curb crime and even admitted that criminals will ignore it. It’s to target legal gun owners. Nothing more 

On 9/9/2023 at 6:14 PM, steveTA84 said:

She knows it won’t do anything to curb crime and even admitted that criminals will ignore it. It’s to target legal gun owners. Nothing more 

And to pump up her Leftist bona fides. Of course, targeting legal gun owners does precisely that.

Edited by springfield shooter

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/the-new-mexico-governors-suspension-of-the-right-to-keep-and-bear-arms-is-both-illegal-and-stupid/amp/
The governor says she doesn’t expect criminals to follow the order. But she hopes it is “a resounding message,” to everyone else in the community to report gun crime. “The point here is, is that, if everyone did it, and I wasn’t legally challenged, you would have fewer risks on the street, and I could safely say, to every New Mexican, particularly those folks living in Albuquerque and Bernalillo County, I believe that you’re safer for the next 30 days, we have to wait and see,” said Lujan Grisham.

On 9/9/2023 at 6:44 PM, steveTA84 said:

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/the-new-mexico-governors-suspension-of-the-right-to-keep-and-bear-arms-is-both-illegal-and-stupid/amp/
The governor says she doesn’t expect criminals to follow the order. But she hopes it is “a resounding message,” to everyone else in the community to report gun crime. “The point here is, is that, if everyone did it, and I wasn’t legally challenged, you would have fewer risks on the street, and I could safely say, to every New Mexican, particularly those folks living in Albuquerque and Bernalillo County, I believe that you’re safer for the next 30 days, we have to wait and see,” said Lujan Grisham.

Wait what?  Did she (who took an oath to uphold the Constitution) just say that if we let elected officials like her do whatever they desire including disposing of protected civil rights, everyone would be safer?  That is some epic retarded 🤡🌎 level stuff!

On September 9, 2023 at 06:07 PM, ragsbo said:
All the news reports I have seen on this fail to explain how this is suppose to help ...

The law-abiding violent criminals will obediently disarm, and everyone will be saved from their violent crimes.

Alternatively, a person with armed private security can afford to signal virtue for votes from people who lack critical analysis skills. Sadly, it will work.

On 9/9/2023 at 7:15 PM, Euler said:

The law-abiding violent criminals will obediently disarm, and everyone will be saved from their violent crimes.

Alternatively, a person with armed private security can afford to signal virtue for votes from people who lack critical analysis skills. Sadly, it will work.

How can they have armed security when all the  guns had to be put away?

On September 9, 2023 at 08:20 PM, mab22 said:
How can they have armed security when all the guns had to be put away?

It's not all the guns.

From the text of the public health order:
Public health order said:
No person, other than a law enforcement officer or licensed security officer, may possess a firearm ... either openly or concealed ...

I don't think JB will try to pull the same type of stunt. During the pandemic he did not close down gun shops because he knew the Constitutional ramifications.  He could have doubled down on masking while carrying during the pandemic as well, but did not push ISP to do that.  I am not saying he is a saint, but he also has his sights set on the White House.  This order by the NM gov is going to get shredded.   JB knows he cannot afford those optics, on top of the fact that PICA will will eventually be found unconstitutional.   He is playing a longer game.

On 9/9/2023 at 8:51 PM, ILgunguy said:

I don't think JB will try to pull the same type of stunt. During the pandemic he did not close down gun shops because he knew the Constitutional ramifications.  He could have doubled down on masking while carrying during the pandemic as well, but did not push ISP to do that.  I am not saying he is a saint, but he also has his sights set on the White House.  This order by the NM gov is going to get shredded.   JB knows he cannot afford those optics, on top of the fact that PICA will will eventually be found unconstitutional.   He is playing a longer game.

Agreed

On 9/9/2023 at 8:51 PM, ILgunguy said:

, but he also has his sights set on the White House.  This order by the NM gov is going to get shredded.   JB knows he cannot afford those optics, on top of the fact that PICA will will eventually be found unconstitutional.   He is playing a longer game.

All the more reason to pressure him, and make him an absolute failure. Or maybe he is too much of a coward to take action. Same should be done for Brandon in Chicago. 

Call his office and tell him to take bold stance, or sit so he doesn’t hurt himself!

On 9/9/2023 at 6:44 PM, steveTA84 said:

So....if the criminals aren't going to follow the order, how is the community made safer?