Illinois registration updates?

DomG

On 4/23/2023 at 12:52 PM, THE KING said:

The registration hasn't started yet.  

They are going to start it October 1st through January 1st 

Exactly what are people “supposed” to be doing now, according to the state?  I have not followed the crap.

On 4/23/2023 at 5:39 PM, Dx54r said:

I plan on registering every object in my home as an assault weapon part or accessory. Spoons can become bayonets. Forks can be melted down into assault weapon parts. Keys. Beer cans can become entire aluminum receivers. My shovel will be registered as an AK-47 stock. Every plank on my fence will be registered as a potential barrel shroud or thumbhole stock.

The trees in the parkway will obviously have to be registered as well because they are each a zero percent thumbhole stock. Every tree planted on a public school or within the bounds of a gun free zone will need to be cut down, and all trees on public land such as forests or park districts will need to be registered with the ISP.

I don't actually own any firearms either, only parts.

I was thinking the same.

I've got buckets of machine screws/pins/springs/etc that I know could be used in an AR. I've got scraps of wood in my woodworking shop that could be construed as weapon stocks.  I'll register each of them as a gun.   Rubber scraps could be padding for an AR buttstock. Screws to attach said rubber scraps? bingo. also components for an AR.  Anything that could possibly be considered a gun part will get registered. 

The average farm or machining shop probably has tons of stuff that could be considered assault weapon parts laying around. 

This AWB was written by a bunch of apartment dwelling city-folk who probably don't even own a basic mechanic set of tools.   

On 4/23/2023 at 5:39 PM, Dx54r said:

I plan on registering every object in my home as an assault weapon part or accessory. Spoons can become bayonets. Forks can be melted down into assault weapon parts. Keys. Beer cans can become entire aluminum receivers. My shovel will be registered as an AK-47 stock. Every plank on my fence will be registered as a potential barrel shroud or thumbhole stock.

The trees in the parkway will obviously have to be registered as well because they are each a zero percent thumbhole stock. Every tree planted on a public school or within the bounds of a gun free zone will need to be cut down, and all trees on public land such as forests or park districts will need to be registered with the ISP.

I don't actually own any firearms either, only parts.

I like this

On 4/24/2023 at 8:52 AM, Jeffrey said:

Similar to our permission slips to carry, this would only bog down the system forcing the state to hire more workers to manage the huge influx.  I'll have to start inventorying all my hardware one by one.

e9K9aZj.jpg

Make sure you get ALL THOSE SERIAL NUMBERS!

Looks like they all start with 'X'?

On 4/27/2023 at 2:40 PM, South Side 27 said:

Hopefully we get some good news soon from some of the pending cases. We are batting .000 right now. 

They have to keep all of the cases in front of intellectually dishonest judges forever to win.

We only have to find one judge who will properly follow the binding precedent to win.

I like our odds.

On 4/28/2023 at 7:08 PM, luckydawg13 said:

So the gun grab is on hold now ? 

I'm not sure it was ever moving forward, except on paper. However, if ISP had been developing any resources to begin registration, there's no reason for them to stop until the case is finally disposed, which could easily be another year.