Fastest ILL FCCL Turnaround I Have Seen

I had an older couple, a retired Air Force colonel and his wife, take my CLIC FCCL class a month or so ago. They applied for their FCCL April 14, and got their cards in the mail today! I am sure they did fingerprints. I am amazed at the speed at which this happened!

Meh, got that beat, I applied today and got my license yesterday.

Seriously though, this is good news for the couple!

I had an older couple, a retired Air Force colonel and his wife, take my CLIC FCCL class a month or so ago. They applied for their FCCL April 14, and got their cards in the mail today! I am sure they did fingerprints. I am amazed at the speed at which this happened!

I applied on April 15th and got mine today. :ninja: No joke.

Posted · Hidden by Molly B., May 30, 2014 at 01:07 PM - No reason given
Hidden by Molly B., May 30, 2014 at 01:07 PM - No reason given

The true surprise would be to see that kind of turnaround with no prints!

120-90=30 days

It would be reasonable to see No Print apps processed in 65 days instead of the usual 100.

The law is poorly written and they are using it to encourage pay to play but hey, that's the Illinois way!

I will not compliment the ISP for the job they are doing nor will I forgive the ISRA and the sponsors for accepting this crap.

The true surprise would be to see that kind of turnaround with no prints!

120-90=30 days

It would be reasonable to see No Print apps processed in 65 days instead of the usual 100.

The law is poorly written and they are using it to encourage pay to play but hey, that's the Illinois way!

I will not compliment the ISP for the job they are doing nor will I forgive the ISRA and the sponsors for accepting this crap.

Ah yes, I can thank Brandon Phelps for disarming me, everytime I go on the Metra, and the L; because, despite having all the aces, we still got played! Could not agree with you more. Where I live, conceal carry is pointless (northwest suburbs), because I have a Metra Station, AND a bus stop, in my downtown area, guess what? I can't carry on either, and I can thank Brandon Phelps, for being the worst poker player ever; as to being disarmed on ALL public transit. It's truly a disappointment, and one of the reasons that, despite completing the training, I REFUSE to complete my CCW application. I don't own a car (being a broke college student), and when I do go to the city, I use the train and bus; because they move faster than stop go traffic on the inbound Ike. I can't tell you, how much a dissapointment it was, to me, and other pro-2 guys up here in Cook, when we found out Phelps was going to give into the whining of Chicago CTA President, the Mayor et. al when they discovered carry to be legal on public transit. I still get upset, when I hear people say, you can unload, and carry your gun on these methods of transit, because it's so not true. Prints app should be processed in 15 days, and non, in 30 days, we don't live in the '80s anymore, they can figure out who is and is not a criminal fairly easy these days; NICS and what not, but I'd expect nothing less, a law written by incompetent Illinoisians.

Ah yes, I can thank Brandon Phelps for disarming me, everytime I go on the Metra, and the L; because, despite having all the aces, we still got played...

Can't tell if serious...

Part of this depends on local LE doing their job in a timely manner. Unfortunately, I think a lot of them do nothing for their entire 30 day objection period so you're whacked with a month delay right there.

What are they supposed to do? LE does not approve apps. They can only object. If they don't want to object then they do nothing. There is no means currently for the 30 window to be sped up.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk

Part of this depends on local LE doing their job in a timely manner. Unfortunately, I think a lot of them do nothing for their entire 30 day objection period so you're whacked with a month delay right there.

The law has a 30 day objection period. Law enforcement doing nothing is the default case. There's nothing they or anyone else can do to get you out of that 30 day wait.

Ah yes, I can thank Brandon Phelps for disarming me, everytime I go on the Metra, and the L; because, despite having all the aces, we still got played! Could not agree with you more. Where I live, conceal carry is pointless (northwest suburbs), because I have a Metra Station, AND a bus stop, in my downtown area, guess what? I can't carry on either, and I can thank Brandon Phelps, for being the worst poker player ever; as to being disarmed on ALL public transit. It's truly a disappointment, and one of the reasons that, despite completing the training, I REFUSE to complete my CCW application. I don't own a car (being a broke college student), and when I do go to the city, I use the train and bus; because they move faster than stop go traffic on the inbound Ike. I can't tell you, how much a dissapointment it was, to me, and other pro-2 guys up here in Cook, when we found out Phelps was going to give into the whining of Chicago CTA President, the Mayor et. al when they discovered carry to be legal on public transit. I still get upset, when I hear people say, you can unload, and carry your gun on these methods of transit, because it's so not true. Prints app should be processed in 15 days, and non, in 30 days, we don't live in the '80s anymore, they can figure out who is and is not a criminal fairly easy these days; NICS and what not, but I'd expect nothing less, a law written by incompetent Illinoisians.

Do you think it would have been better to do nothing at the state level and allow every home rule unit to have their own rules and regs?

Do you think it would have been better to do nothing at the state level and allow every home rule unit to have their own rules and regs?

We already had a mandate from the court for the legislature to allow carry. That home rule crap would not have been a factor.

It's a start and it could only get better.

Stop whining and join the fight in as many levels as you can.

$35 here and $25 there goes a long way, not to mention volunteering your time.

We already had a mandate from the court for the legislature to allow carry. That home rule crap would not have been a factor.

That shows the woeful lack of understanding by some. There was no cliff. This state would have been a mess and you would be able to carry in even less places.

Off topic posts have been removed from view. If you would like to complain, there's a complaint thread around here somewhere. This topic is about the fastest turnaround time you have seen.

Thank you.

keep riding herd on the cats ...

Archived