Foid ISP 30 Days

• Please log in to reply
581 replies to this topic

#571 Bubbacs

#Fear The Clown

• Supporting Members Team
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 05:12 PM

How do you come up with 36 days in the mail?  According to my calendar, April 30 (04/30) to May 6 (05/06) is 6 days from issue date to receipt.

814J-Zxf03L.jpg
;-) /s

Being a Clown doesn’t require reading skills, just being able to wear makeup better than most men and be funny!

#572 JTHunter

• Members
  • 2,392 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 08:26 PM

Day 1...

Applied for FOID renewal today 5/6/21, expires 8/1/21

We have the same expiration date.  I look forward to hearing how yours comes out.

“We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.” - - Abraham Lincoln

“Small minds adhere to the letter of the law; great minds dispense Justice.” - - S. C. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

Life member NAHC, Endowment member NRA

#573 rmart

• Members
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 09 May 2021 - 02:49 PM

So, the ISP is back on track? I was beginning to wonder if I should begin the renewal process now for my card that expires in April of next year.

Member: NRA (Endowment Life), ISRA, Gun Owners of America

Retired Firefighter/Paramedic

Father of two great kids and husband of one great wife

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars... ~unknown

The problem is not guns! It's hearts without God, homes without discipline, schools without prayer, and courts without justice. ~unknown

"A general dissolution of the principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy.

While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but once they lose their virtue, they will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader." ~ Samuel Adams 1779 to James Warren

Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. ~Daniel Webster

How much can you put in your signature before it becomes too long??

#574 InterestedBystander

• 8,489 posts

Posted 09 May 2021 - 03:15 PM

So, the ISP is back on track? I was beginning to wonder if I should begin the renewal process now for my card that expires in April of next year.

FOID renewal opens up 90 days prior to expire date on card so you're waiting until January unless things change.

Edited by InterestedBystander, 09 May 2021 - 03:16 PM.

NRA Life Member; ISRA Member
SAF Member; GOA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
🇺🇸

#575 out in the tall grass

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:42 AM

Question remains, is ISP back on track?

I renewed my FOID card back on Feb 2 2020, the web portal shows my payment, and that I am still under review 15 months later.

I had a couple of friends go 14 months before getting theirs renewed, so should I just keep waiting , or should I be rattling someone’s cage about now?

#576 Thiokol

• 3,088 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:35 PM

My FOID was scheduled to expire on 8/1/2021. The renewal button appeared on the ISP site on 5/2 so I immediately renewed. To my surprise, my new FOID arrived in today's mail. It took only 8 days from the day that I renewed until the new FOID was in my possession.

U.S. Air Force Veteran
ISRA Member
Smith & Wesson Collectors Association Member #2262

#577 InterestedBystander

• 8,489 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:00 PM

My renewal in December was a few days short of 4 months. Sounds like a lot of progress since then.
NRA Life Member; ISRA Member
SAF Member; GOA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
🇺🇸

#578 Sol-Invictus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:13 PM

Over a year for my wife, we have gone through our rep and making another contact today.

#579 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 17,513 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:33 PM

Question remains, is ISP back on track?

I renewed my FOID card back on Feb 2 2020, the web portal shows my payment, and that I am still under review 15 months later.

I had a couple of friends go 14 months before getting theirs renewed, so should I just keep waiting , or should I be rattling someone’s cage about now?

We should definitely send an inquiry.  Send me a private message with your full legal name, date of birth, and FOID number.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#580 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 17,513 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:35 PM

My FOID was scheduled to expire on 8/1/2021. The renewal button appeared on the ISP site on 5/2 so I immediately renewed. To my surprise, my new FOID arrived in today's mail. It took only 8 days from the day that I renewed until the new FOID was in my possession.

That is phenomenal, I wish they could get through the older renewals like this too.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#581 ScopeEye

• 1,626 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:46 PM

Day 1...

Applied for FOID renewal today 5/6/21, expires 8/1/21

Day 4 

Under review

#582 EdDinIL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted Today, 09:52 AM

That is phenomenal, I wish they could get through the older renewals like this too.

There's a stack of printouts in the office that fell on the floor last year.  Once they finally hired somebody's relative to pile them up again, they started going through them one at a time from the top down.  Unfortunately, they only have one inbox, so the new requests are getting put on top of the old pile and are thus cleared first.  At least when a specific request comes in to find someone's old renewal, they hire that relative back to sort through the pile.

Life Member: NRA, ISRA, SAF

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Foid, ISP, 30 Days

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users