Foid Renewal Wait Time

My FOID renewal officially turned 1years old today. It’s still sitting at “under review”. Has anyone here who applied for a renewal around this time last year gotten theirs yet? Starting to think it’s going to be another six months at least.

Please send me a private message with your full legal name, date of birth, and FOID #.

My FOID renewal officially turned 1years old today. It’s still sitting at “under review”. Has anyone here who applied for a renewal around this time last year gotten theirs yet? Starting to think it’s going to be another six months at least.

Definitely contact Molly with the information she requested. My wife was in a similar boat, having applied for renewal in November 2019. After a year of "under review", Molly helped get things unplugged. It's as if whole batches of applications got dropped on a dusty desk somewhere and forgotten.

Definitely contact Molly with the information she requested. My wife was in a similar boat, having applied for renewal in November 2019. After a year of "under review", Molly helped get things unplugged. It's as if whole batches of applications got dropped on a dusty desk somewhere and forgotten.

Beginning to look like those 'batches' was a trainload.

I applied for a FOID card on 6/28/2020. First time applicant. Never heard anything back. Status has always said "under review". I have contacted the ISP, congress people, the ISRA, and state representatives. Never heard anything back.

Seems like our 2nd Amendment rights were basically canceled to be completely honest. Is there any prospect of actually being approved now?

I applied for a FOID card on 6/28/2020. First time applicant. Never heard anything back. Status has always said "under review". I have contacted the ISP, congress people, the ISRA, and state representatives. Never heard anything back.

Seems like our 2nd Amendment rights were basically canceled to be completely honest. Is there any prospect of actually being approved now?

Please, send a private message to me with your full legal name, date of birth, FOID application number.

I submitted my FOID application 9/25/20. Since I'm retired and have a little too much time on my hands, I've been checking my status status daily. Sometimes multiple times. Always comes up Under Review. What do they say about repeating a process and expecting a different result? I'm glad to see that some are getting their cards. I just wish mine would come through already, though it's "only" been 4 months. I guess I shouldn't expect miracles.

Applied June 27th 2020 for new Foid and CCL (same time)

Still under review- going on 225 days now!

I've reached out to Representative Ann Williams AND Senator Sara Feigenholtz's offices a few times and got a couple of "send me your info and I will reach out to our contact at the ISP" with absolutely no results.

I saw a few people on the reddit ILGuns suggest filing a complaint with the DoJ for a civil rights violation...got crickets with that as well! Super frustrating...

Good for you, kind of unfair for others... :)

mine is waiting since 28 june 2020.. still “under review”

I'm in the same boat, waiting since June 28th. I checked half a year ago before the website "update" and using the old Inspect Element trick saw that I had at least been QC_Verified. I saw a post on r/ILGuns that a redditor was told over the phone that average wait times had been extended to 7.5 months from the reported 120, which puts the two of us almost at the average. Not sure if that's legitimate though.

My son is coming up on a year for renewal. Just received a letter from ISP Stating that his covid status makes the card valid with force of law, even though its just a directive from the ISP. So he needs to bring his expired card, his covid status printout on the web AND this letter stating how fd up the system is and they should sell him guns and ammo anyways. HaHaHa! Glad to see Illinois has a sense of humor.

and they should sell him guns and ammo anyways.

and yet from the FAQ

My FOID card shows that it is expired, but these rules mean that it is still valid. I went to my local dealer and they refused to sell me ammunition and/or a firearm. Why?

Dealers are required to check your FOID card before selling ammunition and/or a firearm. A dealer may decline to sell ammunition and/or a firearm if they so choose. Policies on this issue may vary from store to store. Federal regulations pertaining to the purchase of ammunition and firearms have not changed

At 177 days now for first time application... My lease is up in two months. Really hope I receive it before I move.

At 207 days today... Running out of time :{

Should I just be able to edit my address on the website if I run out of time? Also, is it common to find a CCL class that I can take without a FOID?

Change address when you apply for CCL. As for CCL without FOID, it depends on the class and trainer. Some will allow, some won't. It is not a requirement.

Q. What if I moved or changed my name after I submitted my application, but before I received my CCL?

A. If the CCL has not yet been mailed, you can provide the new name or address by selecting the "EDIT NAME/ADDRESS" button on the website. If you are not able to make the change on the website, you may contact the Customer Service Center at 217/782-7980 for help updating your name or address. If the card has already been printed and mailed, you will need to complete the procedures for a "NAME/ADDRESS CHANGE

Q. How do I change my name or address on the FOID Card?

A. FOID Cardholders may request a name or address change to their FOID card by completing the request through the ISP Firearms Services Bureau website at www.ispfsb.com. Once at your dashboard, select "EDIT NAME/ADDRESS." Please Note: your FOID card must match the name and address on your Illinois Driver's License or State Identification Card. Go to https://ilsos.gov/addrchange/ to change your address with the SOS. We will send you a new FOID card with the modified information that will retain your current FOID Card number and expiration date. You may also request a name/address change by calling 217/782-7980 for the call-in alternative application. The fee for the name or address change is $5 plus a nominal service fee

Q. What if I moved or changed my name after I submitted my application, but before I received my FOID Card?

A. If the FOID card has not yet been mailed, you can provide the new name or address by selecting the "EDIT NAME/ADDRESS" button on the website. If you are not able to make the change on the website, you may contact the Customer Service Center at 217/782-7980 for help updating your name or address. If the card has already been printed and mailed, you will need to complete the procedures for a "NAME/ADDRESS CHANGE

Wife’s FOID Card application went active 1/5/21 It is now the 1/19/21 and it’s not in the mail yet? Should I be concerned??

FOID card finally arrived in the mail today. 35 days from going active to being in my mailbox. Thank you for the tip on signing up for informed delivery from the US Post office. That’s really great I sent you an email every day letting you know what’s coming in the mail advise everyone to do this.

There is no normal anymore.

Not here in Illinois

Those in charge say you’ll get it when they get to it

And you’ll like it, or be ready to be cancelled

But yes unfortunately we have a huge issue with our rights as they “should” be in this state. We knew this years ago, we continue to know and see it each and every week.

Today is the one year anniversary of applying for my FOID renewal and I'm still waiting. My CCL was to expire in Sept last year so I may have gone to the back of the line when I applied for that renewal. I called the ISP a few months ago and the person only mentioned my CCL renewal date. However, that person didn't sound too knowledgeable so who knows. Maybe I'll get my FOID an CCL by Christmas.

Molly

My sons renewal is still under review. IT WILL BE ONE YEAR ON 3/5/21. This is criminal and I wish there were something we could do. I’d leave Illinois tomorrow if my wife gave a **** about gun rights, but she doesn’t. So after my having a card for 50 years the system has collapsed. My son just received a bull **** letter from the ISP stating that their directive has force of law and his expired FOID should be honored. HA! Some FFL are not falling for this slight of hand. Is there anything one can do to cut through the crap and get his new card? Thanks

Still not Active yet?

Applied June 27th 2020 for new Foid and CCL (same time)

Still under review- going on 225 days now!

I've reached out to Representative Ann Williams AND Senator Sara Feigenholtz's offices a few times and got a couple of "send me your info and I will reach out to our contact at the ISP" with absolutely no results.

I saw a few people on the reddit ILGuns suggest filing a complaint with the DoJ for a civil rights violation...got crickets with that as well! Super frustrating...

Active yet?

Archived