ATF Suggesting Ex's and Spouses Turn In Ex-partners Involved in Illegal Gun Activity

steveTA84

• Molly B. changed the title to ATF Suggesting Ex's and Spouses Turn In Ex-partners Involved in Illegal Gun Activity

I can daydream that some here will make anonymous calls to the ATF saying that (name a person) is involved in illegal gun trafficking. Than name Fr. Phleger (not sure of the spelling), Beto O'Rourke, Shannon Watts or Michelle Obama. The caller might be like Adam Schiff in his Russian collusion allegations against Donald Trump and say that they have absolute proof that the person  named is committing these crimes. Maybe they will give someone else's name and phone number when asked for that info by the ATF being sure to name an anti-gun IL politician. 

THIS is why I preach so often that non-compliance alone is not enough. Non-compliance of a law is a short term strategy, one at a time they'll pick us off. 

On 2/14/2022 at 9:38 PM, Smallbore said:

An old tried and true marxist tactic. Get your family to rat on you.

Back in the early 1960s, the Chad Mitchell Trio sang the "The John Birch Society" Here are the lyrics from the 5th verse ...

Do you want Justice Warren for your Commissar?

Do you want Mrs. Krushchev in there with the DAR?

You cannot trust your neighbor or even next of kin

If mommie is a commie then you gotta turn her in

[Chorus]
Oh, we're the John Birch Society, the John Birch Society
Fighting for the right to fight the right fight for the Right
Join the John Birch Society as we're marching on
And we'll all be glad to see you when we're meeting in the John
In the John, in the John Birch Society

I saw this as an attempt by some ATF bureaucrat to be funny. Vengeful persons already turn in exes, family, or former friends for real or made-up crimes. 

If the ATF post made it to the national media, it did not last long. 

Are people here saying that we should never turn in a family member, or does it depend on the crime? 

On 2/16/2022 at 9:18 PM, Quiet Observer said:

Are people here saying that we should never turn in a family member, or does it depend on the crime? 

Speaking only for myself, I am simultaneously amused and outraged that the federal government is encouraging people to submit reports that will, more likely than not, be false and will, more likely than not, trigger pre-dawn, no-knock raids. Santayana had it wrong. He should have said, "Whether we remember the past or not, some fool will always repeat it."

Archived