Hahahhaahahahahaa. That’s a good one…

danbrew

Got this via email a few minutes ago…

Guess nobody told ISP I moved outta Illinois in 2019… Best. Move. Ever.  I probably have 25+ guns in the safe that I bought mostly because I would walk into the LGS and point to one and say, “I’d like to take that one home today, please.”

Good Lord, 90% of my stuff is on that stupid list you guys got going up there now.  How’s that going? Timing is indeed everything.

IMG_0443.jpeg

Edited by danbrew

We moved in 2020.  My Illinois ccl and FOID card were dutifully sent to Springfield as required by law, sent via return receipt requested.  I didn’t trust Illinois.  My ccl expired in 2021, received several emails, and a couple of snail mails informing me of the expiration, and how to renew.  I sent them a letter, again informing them I was no longer an Illinois resident.  Fast forward to 2023, I started receiving notices about my expiring FOID card.  This time no letter.  Now I’m just waiting for the letter from ISP about registering my firearms, should that stupid PICA be upheld.  I can’t wait to tell them to kiss off.  They will never update their records, and they will just try to confiscate as many firearms as they can.  I’m sure I was counted into the revoked license list, just so they can inflate their numbers, to make it appear as they are doing a good job “keeping guns out of the hands of criminals “!  Good luck to the honest, hard working people in Illinois who suffer at the hands of these liberals.

On 11/15/2023 at 9:51 AM, Quiet Observer said:

You were the one who was supposed to tell them. You were supposed to send your FOID and CCL back to the ISP. Granted, many never bother to do that. 

I assume that you notified your insurance company, credit card company, etcetera that you moved. 

" Straighten up and fly right. Cool down, Papa, don't you blow your top."  Smile.

On 11/15/2023 at 11:05 AM, carry205 said:

We moved in 2020.  My Illinois ccl and FOID card were dutifully sent to Springfield as required by law, sent via return receipt requested.  I didn’t trust Illinois.  My ccl expired in 2021, received several emails, and a couple of snail mails informing me of the expiration, and how to renew.  I sent them a letter, again informing them I was no longer an Illinois resident.  Fast forward to 2023, I started receiving notices about my expiring FOID card.  This time no letter.  Now I’m just waiting for the letter from ISP about registering my firearms, should that stupid PICA be upheld.  I can’t wait to tell them to kiss off.  They will never update their records, and they will just try to confiscate as many firearms as they can.  I’m sure I was counted into the revoked license list, just so they can inflate their numbers, to make it appear as they are doing a good job “keeping guns out of the hands of criminals “!  Good luck to the honest, hard working people in Illinois who suffer at the hands of these liberals.

I would not want to be the current residents at your old Illinois residence. (Will there be a no knock warrant  served?)

I walked into my local PD and tried to surrender my FOID card as I left IL.  They wouldn't accept it, said there was no procedure for turning them in.  That was in March of 2017.  I am still getting text messages from IL Dept of Motor Vehicles that my license has expired and that my vehicle registrations need renewed.

On 11/24/2023 at 4:33 PM, DoYouFeelLucky said:

I walked into my local PD and tried to surrender my FOID card as I left IL.  They wouldn't accept it, said there was no procedure for turning them in.  That was in March of 2017.  I am still getting text messages from IL Dept of Motor Vehicles that my license has expired and that my vehicle registrations need renewed.

Heck. I used to get registration reminders and emissions test notifications for cars I sold years after I sold them.

The way I see it, they are in no hurry to issue the FOIDs and it was hard enough just getting it renewed. I think it took me over 8 months this last time just on the renewal and I ended up getting a little outside help in the end. I will repay in kind. If they haven't figured out that all my vehicle registrations, drivers license, voters registration, along with other things are no longer in Illinois and haven't been for over 2 years now, that's on them. I will just wait until it's cancelled and do nothing until then. I still have over 7 years to go until it expires. I have no plans on ever returning but weirder things have happened...