Renewal people, log your processing times here

HeavyDuty

This is not exactly an ILLannoy renewal, but certainly a renewal for me:

Dec 8, Saturday Took 8 hr class and shooting qualification (96!)

Dec 10, Monday Visited local DMV for paperwork

Dec 11, Tuesday Fingerprinted

Dec 18, Today Lifetime CCL received in the mail

The South is a wonderful place. Especially Tennessee

Did you need your original birth certificate or passport?

Looking at the TN requirements on citizenship it looks like one of those is necessary.

My partner (Ccw instructor) just bought a house outside Nashville and I am interested in moving to TN, maybe Knoxville area.

Becoming a TN CCW instructor looks like a one page application, my NRA Basic Pistol Instructor certificate and $25, good for 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did need original (or certified) copy of birth certificate, or a passport. I used the passport, although I didn't actually need it because they already had that in the TN system from a few weeks earlier when I got my drivers license.

Hope this helps any, applied 12/4, my card was charged on 12/7, ccl issued 12/14, received the card either 12/21 or 12/22 (wasnt home friday, so not sure).

Edit: i looked over the dates again just to make sure, i had to do a double-take on the dates, pretty impressed on the turnaround.

That's great!!

I submitted and was charged on the 7th... to date, I haven't even seen a change in status UNDER REVIEW (inspect element only shows "SUBMITTED").

I noted that it Forced me to apply for a new FOID (my old one wasn't due until 11/2019 & had a different # than my CCL).

Was hoping to have it done before January.

Congratulations.

Respectfully,

Original expiration date 4/10/19

Renewal option active 12/11/18

Applied for Renewal 12/11/18

New license active 12/31/18

I am sure it will arrive soon in the mail.

20 days including Christmas.

Did not submit prints originally or with renewal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Applied 12/18/2018

Went Active 12/31/2018

Expiration 12/31/2023

Original expiration date was 4/19/2019

13 days total with no prints submitted this time or the first time.

Almost unbelievable. Took almost 120 days the first time. I lost about 3 1/2 months off the original license but what the heck, I'm good for 5 more years. :frantics:

Applied 12/18/2018

Went Active 12/31/2018

Expiration 12/31/2023

Original expiration date was 4/19/2019

13 days total with no prints submitted this time or the first time.

Almost unbelievable. Took almost 120 days the first time. I lost about 3 1/2 months off the original license but what the heck, I'm good for 5 more years. :frantics:

WOW!!! Congratulations on such a fast turn around. It took me 104 days to get my first license without prints.

Anyone else shocked that the ISP seemingly drug their feet five years ago to prolong the time it took to get the license and now are seemingly processing them in a time and manner that screws over license holders again by "stealing" three months of licensure? What is the justification for not using a renewal date concurrent with the expiration of the original license?

Why dont we track how long renewals take?

Expiration 02/28/2019, applied for renewal 11/16/2018.

Expires 4/13/2019. Saw the renew button go active after Christmas, and did my part of the renewal process. Today I noticed "issued 12/31/2019 Expires 12/31/2023".

So, very quick renewal, but I lost 4 months by jumping the gun.

Expires 4/13/2019. Saw the renew button go active after Christmas, and did my part of the renewal process. Today I noticed "issued 12/31/2019 Expires 12/31/2023".

Lee,

This has to be the quickest renewal I've seen posted! Did your FOID and CCL numbers match ahead of your renewal? I submitted 12/17/18 and status still showing under review...

Lee,

This has to be the quickest renewal I've seen posted! Did your FOID and CCL numbers match ahead of your renewal? I submitted 12/17/18 and status still showing under review...

That is a crazy fast renewal, fastest I've seen thus far.

I actually applied on the 22nd, and my FOID matches my CCL number, but I'm still under review as of 9am this morning.

I understand if FOID and CCL numbers don't match a new FOID card will be generated so the numbers will match. (FOID expiration will remain the date it was.) Mine don't match and wonder if that adds some time to the process. Just amazed on how fast some are reporting their renewals are taking. I suppose if mine takes longer, that's not so bad, less days lost from my original CCL expiration, which is end of March 2019.

I understand if FOID and CCL numbers don't match a new FOID card will be generated so the numbers will match. (FOID expiration will remain the date it was.) Mine don't match and wonder if that adds some time to the process. Just amazed on how fast some are reporting their renewals are taking. I suppose if mine takes longer, that's not so bad, less days lost from my original CCL expiration, which is end of March 2019.

I'm honestly surprised that mine hasn't went active yet seeing how fast others are getting theirs.

I renewed my FOID back in October I think and up to that point I still had the old number on mine. I also submitted prints when I first applied for the CCL so I'm wondering what the hold up is when people submitting theirs later than I did are getting them. I don't have a common name and haven't had any legal issues or run ins with the law so it's definitely odd. I am however in Cook, so I'm wondering if that's what the hold up is. Damn Dart.

I'm honestly surprised that mine hasn't went active yet seeing how fast others are getting theirs.

I renewed my FOID back in October I think and up to that point I still had the old number on mine. I also submitted prints when I first applied for the CCL so I'm wondering what the hold up is when people submitting theirs later than I did are getting them. I don't have a common name and haven't had any legal issues or run ins with the law so it's definitely odd. I am however in Cook, so I'm wondering if that's what the hold up is. Damn Dart.

Yeah, I applied for renewal 12/5 and am still in "submitted status." If I didn't already have a license I would be p*****. I don't care about losing a month or two off my exp date. I just want my next 5 years solidified.

Yeah, I applied for renewal 12/5 and am still in "submitted status." If I didn't already have a license I would be p*****. I don't care about losing a month or two off my exp date. I just want my next 5 years solidified.

I clicked renewal icon on 12/4/18 and nothing has happened yet. I submitted prints the first time, my foid number matches my CC etc. What is amazing to me is how can people be getting back their approval so quickly. It is my understanding you must wait at least 30 days for the local law enforcement to vet then it moves forward. so how in the heck is this working when people are reporting I think I saw one guy 22 days and another less than a week. I am still under review as of 1/3/19 but then again it's not been 30 days let alone 30 days State Police time because they only count working days it is my understanding. With this in mind I don't look for mine approved before middle or last of Jan 2019 at the earliest. Good luck to all here nothing like sending the great State of IL another $153 for my constitutional right plus a 3hr course and fee's for this and range fee's etc.....

I clicked renewal icon on 12/4/18 and nothing has happened yet. I submitted prints the first time, my foid number matches my CC etc. What is amazing to me is how can people be getting back their approval so quickly. It is my understanding you must wait at least 30 days for the local law enforcement to vet then it moves forward. so how in the heck is this working...

There is no objection period for renewals.

I clicked renewal icon on 12/4/18 and nothing has happened yet. I submitted prints the first time, my foid number matches my CC etc. What is amazing to me is how can people be getting back their approval so quickly. It is my understanding you must wait at least 30 days for the local law enforcement to vet then it moves forward. so how in the heck is this working...

I wondered that for a while. Good to know.

OK then tell me why one man gets his renewed in a few days and others are waiting over a month at least or more........

OK then tell me why one man gets his renewed in a few days and others are waiting over a month at least or more........

I have no idea!

For the most part renewals seem to be happening lots faster than first time applications.

It might be batch processing.

Mine went active with the first bunch. I must have renewed at the end of the batch.

Could be one man made an error on the application.

Could be one man has extra stuff for ISP to look at to verify identity. Fingerprints, felons with similar names...

I do know that (so far) my NICS checks are approved instantly and always have been.

FFLs are sometimes amazed. Perhaps I am easy to identify?

If this were the iPhone thread I'd say "it's magic and you don't need to know!"

*because that's what an Apple Genius would say...

Theres supposedly no LE objection period on renewals so how is Cook Co or Dart coming into play? It should all be ISP, right?

Archived