Legislative Update 10/17/2017

mauserme

Done. Second the comment to not deconstruct these bills and point out the absurdities, holes, vague language contained within. It's like telling al Qaeda "Hey, we're gonna raid you at 2 am. Just giving the heads up so you're not surprised."

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

What about HR570?

Denounce Domestic Terrorism?

I'm not sure that really involves us too much.

It pertains to the supporters of the people trying to pass all of those other bills :laugh:

I'm all for denouncing domestic terrorism. But I don't want to be a proponent of a bill just because of its name. So this is something we are neutral on I guess.

Filled out slips but some of the earlier links in this post for the slips were not working and came up as a bad link on the IL website. Just don't want anyone to get frustrated and not fill them out.

This seems to work and you can select track or file under Witness Slips to the far right side for the bills.

http://my.ilga.gov/Hearing/HearingDetail/15285?HCommittees10/24/2017-page=1&HCommittees10/24/2017-orderBy=&HCommittees10/24/2017-filter=&committeeid=0&chamber=H&nodays=7&_=1508271299869

Senate Amendment 1 was just filed on SB236 Safety Tech by Senator Morrison:

Replaces everything after the enacting clause. Amends the Criminal Code of 2012. Makes it unlawful to deliver, sell, or purchase or cause to be delivered, sold, or purchased or cause to be possessed by another, an assault weapon or assault weapon attachment. Makes it unlawful for any person to knowingly possess an assault weapon 300 days after the effective date of this amendatory Act, except possession of weapons registered with the State Police in the time provided. Provides exemptions and penalties. Prohibits delivery, sale, purchase, or possession of large capacity ammunition feeding devices. Provides exemptions and penalties. Prohibits the knowing sale, manufacture, purchase, possession, or carrying of a trigger modification device. Defines terms. Effective immediately.

Pardon me as I am naive to filling out slips, however, looking to lend my support to the 2A causes.

When clicking the links above, I am brought to the Illinois 100th General Assembly Witness Slip page. Section I, Identification, is straight-forward, but I want to be clear for the other Sections. Section II seems that I should not fill out since I am "appearing" on behalf of myself. Section III I would state my opposition (or support for national concealed carry). In section IV, I assume I would check "Written Statement Filed" as that's exactly what I am trying to accomplish.

That all sound correct? Then click "Create Slip" and I'm done? I will get myself and my wife (and I'll get other family members to sign as well). Thanks!

Pardon me as I am naive to filling out slips, however, looking to lend my support to the 2A causes.

When clicking the links above, I am brought to the Illinois 100th General Assembly Witness Slip page. Section I, Identification, is straight-forward, but I want to be clear for the other Sections. Section II seems that I should not fill out since I am "appearing" on behalf of myself. Section III I would state my opposition (or support for national concealed carry). In section IV, I assume I would check "Written Statement Filed" as that's exactly what I am trying to accomplish.

That all sound correct? Then click "Create Slip" and I'm done? I will get myself and my wife (and I'll get other family members to sign as well). Thanks!

Click "record of appearance only" when filing slips. Sorry, I should've included instructions. There are instructions for filing slips somewhere here on the forums, I think it's a pinned topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if I need to clarify this, but I will just in case.

When we say things like "Done x4", we mean me, my wife, and my two kids.

We strongly discourage filing multiple slips for oneself. That's the tactic of the anti's, especially the ones they pay to file witness slips. We don't want to be subject to the same criticism as they are. Besides, we really are better than that.

We strongly discourage filing multiple slips for oneself. That's the tactic of the anti's, especially the ones they pay to file witness slips. We don't want to be subject to the same criticism as they are. Besides, we really are better than that.

Correct. I meant 4 done (one for each bill linked above) by myself, not multiple slips for the same bill all filled out by me. I would think doing the same one over and over (under the same name) would be counter productive.

When I said "done x4" I mean the one singular me did witness slips for 4 different bills.

They pay people to file slips?

They pay people to file slips?
Don't think that's what they meant heh but with MDA and Bloomberg, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they paid people to file witness slips. Non-residents, no less. Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Archived