POSTED! - NO CARRY Signs

mauserme

I saw this at Epic Air trampoline park:

http://www.illinoiscarry.com/forum/uploads/monthly_06_2014/post-3474-0-52846500-1403358306.gif

Here is a better image of it from the Internet:

http://www.illinoiscarry.com/forum/uploads/monthly_06_2014/post-3474-0-85423900-1403358333.gif

I didn't disarm myself, BTW.

post-3474-0-52846500-1403358306_thumb.gif

post-3474-0-85423900-1403358333_thumb.gif

Woodfield Mall is posted, not in the proper place, they have it on the walls be the entrance.

But compliant or not, they don't want us to carry, so I go to the outdoor mall off of Higgins, (South Barrington officially) the Arboretum, I cannot find anywhere in that mall that is posted, not even the Cooper's Hawk or the bowling alley.

Let me throw this out, ..... I believe some of the anchor stores, like Nordstrom, are not posted. I assume we can shot in Nordstrom and just not enter the mall, unless someone has seen that the anchor stores are all posted??

I also think that the success and profits of a mall impact whether they post or not.

Charlestowne mall is probably a top 3 "dead mall" in America - short of those malls that actually closed, and Charlestowne is not posted. I think it is because they don't want to do anything to turn even 1 person away. Not that it is going to save the mall, but I think when business is bad, owners will ditch the signs.

2 weeks ago, I purchased a vehicle at Napleton Kia in Elmhurst. There was no sign posted, which is one of the reasons I bought form them. Yesterday, 2 weeks later, I went back to get a second set of keys and get the car detailed as one one of the buying terms. I polled up and the door was posted. I left the gun in the car and went in nine told my sales guy that I wasn't happy about it, and that I would never be back again. I couldn't even get the detailing I was owed because I couldn't wait inside while they did it, and I was not about to leave my firearm in the car while the service people cleaned it.

I asked my sales guy to pass along the reason I won't be back. If you have a minute, feel free to drop them a line and let them know they're now on your no-shop listed when looking for a new car. Contact form at the bottom of the home page. http://www.napletonkia.com/index.htm

We went to Spring Hill Mall in West Dundee for the first time in several months, and discovered that they've posted as well. Yet another instance of having six or eight glass doors across the entrance, and they post in the bottom left corner of the leftmost door. That really aggravates me: if you're bound and determined to set up a CPZ, be proud of it!

These idgits know they're wrong, and they're ashamed of doing it, but they do it anyway.

Oh well, if they're not careful, they'll be gone soon anyway with the way that mall's going downhill (they lost the Penny's a while back, and there were bunches of empty storefronts in there as well).

Entered into Posted!

Bri

We went to Spring Hill Mall in West Dundee for the first time in several months, and discovered that they've posted as well. Yet another instance of having six or eight glass doors across the entrance, and they post in the bottom left corner of the leftmost door. That really aggravates me: if you're bound and determined to set up a CPZ, be proud of it!

These idgits know they're wrong, and they're ashamed of doing it, but they do it anyway.

Oh well, if they're not careful, they'll be gone soon anyway with the way that mall's going downhill (they lost the Penny's a while back, and there were bunches of empty storefronts in there as well).

Entered into Posted!

Bri

I work near by. Last time I was there, it was a ghost town. Signs or not, I don't think they will be with us long.

On the brighter side Stratford Square Mall is NOT posted. Neither is the theater.

The signs came down at the Shell stations in my city, at least at two of them. I haven't checked the other two yet, but I assume they are all not posted now since I believe they are all run by the same person. Now none of the filling stations/convenience stores are posted here. Shell has been the only ones posted and they have lost hundreds of dollars in business from me and wife alone as Shell was our main source for gas and other goodies before they posted.

2 weeks ago, I purchased a vehicle at Napleton Kia in Elmhurst. There was no sign posted, which is one of the reasons I bought form them. Yesterday, 2 weeks later, I went back to get a second set of keys and get the car detailed as one one of the buying terms. I polled up and the door was posted. I left the gun in the car and went in nine told my sales guy that I wasn't happy about it, and that I would never be back again. I couldn't even get the detailing I was owed because I couldn't wait inside while they did it, and I was not about to leave my firearm in the car while the service people cleaned it.

I asked my sales guy to pass along the reason I won't be back. If you have a minute, feel free to drop them a line and let them know they're now on your no-shop listed when looking for a new car. Contact form at the bottom of the home page. http://www.napletonkia.com/index.htm

Must be the "new management, new attitude" in their commercials. In the last month Napleton Acura next door is now semi-posted. GFZ stickers on 2 west doors but nothing I could see on 2 east doors. Service bay doors are not posted nor the door between service and waiting/show room

Charlestowne mall is probably a top 3 "dead mall" in America - short of those malls that actually closed, and Charlestowne is not posted. I think it is because they don't want to do anything to turn even 1 person away. Not that it is going to save the mall, but I think when business is bad, owners will ditch the signs.

Yes, I checked them a while back. They're one of three malls I'm aware of in the Western Suburbs for those (like me) who refuse to give business to the freedom hating Woodfield Mall and Oak Brook Mall. But I'm not sure there is any correlation with success. A lot of successful businesses want to remain successful and do not post

I was just about to buy a car from them. Thanks. I sent them a letter. If I buy a car somewhere else I will be sure to rub it in their face.

Does anyone know if Tavern on Rush is posted? I did check the posted app.

Tavern on Rush

1031 N Rush Street

Chicago, IL

Just drove by for you and saw no sign on their door

Thank you.

I had read conflicting statements about Valli foods in Rockford, that is was posted versus not posted. I know that at one time it was posted since I saw the posting myself. But I went there yesterday (6/23) and there was no posting anywhere that I could find or see. On the other hand, it seems all of the Phillips 66 gas stations around here are now posted.

They're spreading! Saw this at Floor covering Associates in Merrillville, IN. Hard to tell from the picture, but this is an Illinois compliant sign with the pursuant to verbiage in the lower right hand corner.

They appear to be an Illinois company with a store in NW Indiana.

20140624_114124_resized.jpg

There are a few things wrong with this one. First one being that it's actually *not* a complicit sign (the whole background would have to be white for starters). Secondly, the whole thing with it being in Indiana (self explanitory, and IL sign in IN would mean what... absolutely nothing). Next off, in the state of Indiana signs do NOT have "force of law" (see http://handgunlaw.us/states/indiana.pdf )...

So, I don't even know where I would start in that mess of wrong. Other than the fact I would still not give them my business because they clearly are against my right to self defense...

I just entered the Goodwill in East Peoria in Posted. The donations door was not posted but the sales door was at the very top of the door.

Just had the longest 10 minutes...

I have been carrying since March and have had to disarm twice, both times it was to go inside the Post Office, so I left my gun at home. This morning I had to go to CDW in Vernon Hills, when I got there I saw they were posted with the proper signage. I removed my gun and put it in the glove box and locked the car and went inside. My business took 10 minutes, like I said it was a long 10 minutes.

BTW, the business was work related.

Yes, I checked them a while back. They're one of three malls I'm aware of in the Western Suburbs for those (like me) who refuse to give business to the freedom hating Woodfield Mall and Oak Brook Mall. But I'm not sure there is any correlation with success. A lot of successful businesses want to remain successful and do not post

Where at Oakbrook Mall did you see the no guns signs? My wife works there and I went there a couple weeks ago with the kids and didnt see a sign anywhere. I try to be observant but guess I could have missed it. We walked in the mall by the lower level of Sears, walking up the common area stairs to the upper level.

They're spreading! Saw this at Floor covering Associates in Merrillville, IN. Hard to tell from the picture, but this is an Illinois compliant sign with the pursuant to verbiage in the lower right hand corner.

They appear to be an Illinois company with a store in NW Indiana.

*snip*

There are a few things wrong with this one. First one being that it's actually *not* a complicit sign (the whole background would have to be white for starters). Secondly, the whole thing with it being in Indiana (self explanitory, and IL sign in IN would mean what... absolutely nothing). Next off, in the state of Indiana signs do NOT have "force of law" (see http://handgunlaw.us/states/indiana.pdf )...

So, I don't even know where I would start in that mess of wrong. Other than the fact I would still not give them my business because they clearly are against my right to self defense...

Thank you Captain Obvious, I am well aware that an Illinois sign had no force of law in IN, and I carry in IN everyday, so I've read handgunlaw.us, as well as the actual statute. I guess my post was a little unclear, so I apologize. :flowers:

I thought is was rather funny to see the sign over there. But my point was, this small chain is based in Illinois and has several storefronts in IL. I'll bet you a fin that they are all posted too. So, if anyone is planning on buying flooring, send your receipts and NGNM cards to them so they will get the message. http://www.fcainc.com/store_locations.aspx

Your point about the background can and has been argued on the board already, so we should save that conversation for the Walmart thread.

Archived