Photo

Wilson v. Cook County (Semi-Auto Gun Ban)

• Please log in to reply
798 replies to this topic

#781 press1280

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 07:09 AM

Best bet here is that Scotus sets a new standard via the NYSRPA case, then this one gets sent back to the 7th. At this point, the Friedman case is essentially nullified and we'll be on a blank slate.

#782 Charles Nichols

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 01:22 AM

Best bet here is that Scotus sets a new standard via the NYSRPA case, then this one gets sent back to the 7th. At this point, the Friedman case is essentially nullified and we'll be on a blank slate.

There is no such thing as "essentially nullified."  If a law is not repealed and if there is no court judgment prohibiting enforcement of a law then the government is free to enforce that law. Legislators, judges and prosecutors have absolute immunity.  The barrier of "qualified immunity" for police has been raised so high, it might as well be absolute immunity.

Concealed carry is of no use to me because I don't carry a purse or wear a dress, and I'm not into secret advantage and unmanly assassination.

"Should the Open Carry movement become successful it will result in the greatest dissolution of government power since the collapse of the Soviet Union." - Charles Nichols

"If a monkey looks into a book, a sage cannot look out." - Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

"La plus belle des ruses du diable est de vous persuader qu'il n'existe pas." - Charles Baudelaire 

"God doesn't want me and the devil isn't finished with me." - Raymond Reddington

"When you lift the last veil, you might discover that your bride is an ignorant, illiterate child living in a world of fear and superstition." - Charles Nichols.* 

* I posted this on my Facebook page on May 20, 2011.  Unable to find its origin, I claim to be its creator.

#783 2smartby1/2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 04:18 PM

The only advantage and disadvantage of a AR is penetration.

AR as home defense is my last choice.   

Shotgun can cover a very large area.

Pistol can shoot just as accurately as a rifle in a home. 

Rifles do this to plate steel (non AR500) the TV, Wall, refrigerator, isn't going to stop this. 

AR is my first choice for HD. 

Penetration is based on bullet construction and velocity.  There are a lot of variables. 

#784 Euler

• Members
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 04:31 PM

SCOTUS has scheduled the case for conference on March 6.
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.

- Albert Camus, Resistance, Rebellion, and Death, 1960.

#785 Druid

• Members
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 08:01 AM

Cert denied today :(

#786 2A4Cook

Old and Cranky

• Members
  • 3,765 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 08:56 AM

So they are free to continue wiping their fat rear ends with the Second Amendment. Get ready for the ILGA to kick the "common (non)sense" into gear.

#787 burningspear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 09:24 AM

Cert denied across the board. Only two words from me: Cloudy Day.

#788 2A4Cook

Old and Cranky

• Members
  • 3,765 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 12:51 PM

To heck with the so-called "Conservative" Justices!!

#789 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 17,006 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 01:25 PM

Huge disappointment.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#790 Euler

• Members
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 02:54 PM

I guess it can get unstickied now ...
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.

- Albert Camus, Resistance, Rebellion, and Death, 1960.

#791 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 17,006 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 04:09 PM

So very disappointing.
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#792 cnwfan3

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 08:57 PM

So where do we or can we go from here?

#793 TomKoz

• Members
  • 5,408 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 09:07 PM

Election year folks.
Didn’t want to give Dems a cause to rally behind.
Stay Alert ... Stay Alive !!
11Bravo Infantry
Yeah, Id die for my country, but Ive been trained to make the other guy die for his instead !

#794 Sweeper13

• 1,305 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 09:18 PM

Election year folks.
Didn’t want to give Dems a cause to rally behind.

The Judges hinted a few weeks back it was time for a 2A case. Now they kick 10 cases to the curb. Looks like we where played again, either from fake news or the Judges themselves. Both of there track records stink. 

Edited by Sweeper13, 15 June 2020 - 09:18 PM.

#795 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 14,175 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 05:35 AM

https://freebeacon.c...ging-gun-cases/   

Justice Thomas is not happy. 

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#796 Hap

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 06:26 AM

It smells an awful lot like Chief So-Called Justice Roberts is driven less by an urge to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution and more by an urge to preserve, protect, and defend the Court from Chuck Schumer's threats.

If the Court is to survive as an independent branch of government, we will need to get at least one and preferably two more Justices on the side of the Constitution. To say nothing of better decisions coming up from the appellate level.

Ad utrumque paratus

#797 TomKoz

• Members
  • 5,408 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 06:30 AM

^^^ No Way RBG lasts 4 more years.
NEED to get Trump elected AGAIN !!!
Stay Alert ... Stay Alive !!
11Bravo Infantry
Yeah, Id die for my country, but Ive been trained to make the other guy die for his instead !

#798 chislinger

• Members
  • 7,021 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 06:52 AM

Yep, until another Democrat judge is replaced by a Constitutional judge there won't be any relief for the 2A. And to think there's people on this very forum who will vote for Biden smh.

"I'm not worried about following the U.S. Constitution." - Washington County, Alabama Judge Nick Williams

#799 steveTA84

• Members
  • 8,289 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 12:53 PM

In the meantime, stop relying on the courts and get active yourselves. If all you’re doing is posting on forums and not doing your part (calls, protests, advocacy, etc), you have no right to complain down the road (just a statement, not directed at anyone).

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users