We need an "oath breaker's" law

yurimodin

To ease the burden of the taxpayers when it comes to the legal fees on these unconstitutional "laws". I suggest an oath breaker's law that takes 50% of all the legal fees owed to the plaintiffs when these laws get overturned for being unconstitutional and divide the debt equally among all legislators that voted for it and any governor that ratified it. This debt would be charged to them as an individual, not payable from PAC or campaign funds, and just like tax debt would be non-bankrupt able. 

If these people have the power to make everyone felons with the stroke of a pen then they need feel some of the pain when these "laws" are found to be unconstitutional and a violation of citizen's rights.

On 1/16/2023 at 2:32 PM, lawman said:

Seeing how the people you look to punish with this proposed law are the exact same people you need to vote for it, this is doomed before it is even drafted.

Just like term limits getting them on record is still worth the exercise........IANAL but there might even be some way to legally go after them now.

On 1/16/2023 at 1:56 PM, yurimodin said:

To ease the burden of the taxpayers when it comes to the legal fees on these unconstitutional "laws". I suggest an oath breaker's law that takes 50% of all the legal fees owed to the plaintiffs when these laws get overturned for being unconstitutional and divide the debt equally among all legislators that voted for it and any governor that ratified it. This debt would be charged to them as an individual, not payable from PAC or campaign funds, and just like tax debt would be non-bankrupt able. 

If these people have the power to make everyone felons with the stroke of a pen then they need feel some of the pain when these "laws" are found to be unconstitutional and a violation of citizen's rights.

So, you would penalize. legislators who voted for laws that required voter ID, or passed safety laws concerning abortion during the Roe vs. Wade period? Many such laws have been declared to be unconstitutional.

I have been frustrated for many years by the blatant breach of their oaths of office of our Politicians. If I stand in front of a Judge, place my hand on The Bible, raise my right hand and solemnly swear to tell the truth, etc. etc. and then perjure my self (lie) I can be/will be jailed...... Yet if a Governor stands before a Judge on inauguration day, puts his hand on a bible, and swears to defend the constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic and signs legislation he surely *KNOWS* is not Constitutional he is immune from prosecution having breached his oath/perjured himself.  

We won't vote our Way out of this until liars and such are held accountable for their actions. So long as a Servant/Representative of The People can lie with impunity and breach his oath of office without fear of consequences The Republic has run it's course in my opinion. We seem to be living in a Banana Republic now.

@yurimodinuntil and unless someone is successful in bringing a suit against one or all of there tyrants, I expect more of the same. Pritzger views himself as a Monarch or a King. The same can be said for a whole ton of politicians from both sides throughout the country. At some point, they're going to have to realize, they work for us, not the other way around. I don't have a clue how we get there. I'm so sick and tired of seeing these politicians ignoring their constituents and more importantly the SCOTUS. I wish I had the answer. I know there has to be a sharp lawyer type out there who has a work around, but for whatever reason, they remain quiet. It's frustrating as heck. 

On 1/17/2023 at 1:03 PM, JDW said:

@yurimodinuntil and unless someone is successful in bringing a suit against one or all of there tyrants, I expect more of the same. Pritzger views himself as a Monarch or a King. The same can be said for a whole ton of politicians from both sides throughout the country. At some point, they're going to have to realize, they work for us, not the other way around. I don't have a clue how we get there. I'm so sick and tired of seeing these politicians ignoring their constituents and more importantly the SCOTUS. I wish I had the answer. I know there has to be a sharp lawyer type out there who has a work around, but for whatever reason, they remain quiet. It's frustrating as heck. 

Going to be the situation until people stop voting along party lines. People are always making it a choice between the Chicago Bears and the Green Bay Packers when we should be picking an all-star team.

On 1/16/2023 at 3:20 PM, davel501 said:

The taxpayers should bear the burden since they are ultimately responsible for the delegates they chose. 

With all the voter fraud and machine politics, that statement is questionable at best and lacks justice toward taxpayers.

In addition, many who voted for good people who didn't get in - they get punished too.   No justice there.

On 1/16/2023 at 12:56 PM, yurimodin said:

The politicians in power are sociopaths.

You are saying we should ask the same sociopaths in power to pass such a law that seriously limits their power and makes them accountable.

They won't do that.   Sociopaths will sociopath.

I think there should be a law prohibiting sociopaths from any elected office or any position in power in government, elected or unelected.

Of course, that requires sociopaths to pass that law and enforce that law as it currently stands.

On 1/17/2023 at 1:40 PM, BobPistol said:

The politicians in power are sociopaths.

You are saying we should ask the same sociopaths in power to pass such a law that seriously limits their power and makes them accountable.

I think there should be a law prohibiting sociopaths from any elected office or any position in power in government, elected or unelected.

Of course, that requires sociopaths to pass that law and enforce that law as it currently stands.

At some point in history the Brits sat the king down and wouldn't let him up without signing the Magna Carta.

On 1/17/2023 at 1:37 PM, BobPistol said:

With all the voter fraud and machine politics, that statement is questionable at best and lacks justice toward taxpayers.

In addition, many who voted for good people who didn't get in - they get punished too.   No justice there.

nuh uh, you're not allowed to talk about that or we get called an election denying insuwectionist.

Archived