Trump: “I don’t care politically, I don’t want crazy people having guns”.

steveTA84

Is Trump playing "The Art of The Deal" with the Dems??

Maybe - could be just spouting off to "appear" he's on board with anti-2A stuff.

We'll see... People can say anything - it's what they do that tells the tale.

Hes out of line. Hes using it as a joke. This is exactly how we think it will be used against many of us down the road (a political weapon). While funny (Trumps post), having the police sent to your door to confiscate your guns because you got in an argument with someone over something petty isnt funny.

Imagine if this gets enacted and Biden/Harris gets elected and sends the goons after people who argue with Watts. Not pretty. Everyone loses w/red flag laws (except the government)

As many of us suspected, his daughter is involved in this mess

https://www.axios.com/ivanka-trump-gun-control-background-checks-de7f4d65-dea5-4388-989b-0182a9301800.html

Ivanka Trump has quietly been calling lawmakers since the El Paso and Dayton massacres to gauge their openness to movement on gun legislation when Congress returns, sources familiar with her conversations tell Axios.

Why it matters: This is another sign that President Trump might support new gun control measures, despite the opposition of conservatives in his orbit.

Trump has been probing his aides and making calls to lawmakers about what strategy he should adopt on guns, and how it will play with his base.

Behind the scenes: Ivanka Trump spoke last Wednesday to Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), while he was vacationing in Hawaii, to get an update on the bipartisan background checks bill he proposed with Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Penn.).

The measure, which was initially introduced in 2013 after the Sandy Hook shooting, would expand background checks to nearly all commercial firearm sales.

"She called Manchin and said she was trying to get a sense of what bills are out there," a Manchin aide told Axios. "She had him explain how they drafted the bill, where it stands and what changes needed to be made in order for it to pass."

But she didn't signal a White House position.

The call followed President Trump's own conversations with Manchin last Monday and Tuesday, first reported by the WashPost, in which he told the senator that he wanted legislation before the Senate returns from recess in September.

The backdrop: Following the mass shootings, Ivanka Trump posted a note on her Instagram story calling on Congress to "enact Red Flag laws/Extreme Risk Protection Orders in every state, increase resources dedicated to mental health support nationwide and close background check loopholes."

"You can strongly support and defend the 2nd Amendment while calling for these common sense, and long-overdue reforms," she concluded.

She later reiterated that call to action on Twitter.

A White House official said Ivanka "has trusted relationships on both sides of the aisle and she is working in concert with the White House policy and legislative teams."

From last year

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/rubycramer/michael-bloomberg-will-host-fundraiser-for-joe-manchin

Mayor Michael Bloomberg, the gun control movement's most active and affluent advocate, will host a fundraiser at his Manhattan home later this month for Sen. Joe Manchin, according to an invitation for the event obtained by BuzzFeed.

Manchin, a Democrat from Republican-leaning West Virginia, led the Senate's push for a bill to expand background checks on private gun sales earlier this year in the wake of the mass shooting last December in Newtown, Conn. Manchin's bill, co-sponsored by Republican Sen. Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania, failed despite backing from the White House and Bloomberg's own group, Mayor's Against Illegal Guns.

As many of us suspected, his daughter is involved in this messhttps://www.axios.com/ivanka-trump-gun-control-background-checks-de7f4d65-dea5-4388-989b-0182a9301800.html

Ivanka Trump has quietly been calling lawmakers since the El Paso and Dayton massacres to gauge their openness to movement on gun legislation when Congress returns, sources familiar with her conversations tell Axios.

Why it matters: This is another sign that President Trump might support new gun control measures, despite the opposition of conservatives in his orbit.

Trump has been probing his aides and making calls to lawmakers about what strategy he should adopt on guns, and how it will play with his base.

Behind the scenes: Ivanka Trump spoke last Wednesday to Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), while he was vacationing in Hawaii, to get an update on the bipartisan background checks bill he proposed with Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Penn.).

The measure, which was initially introduced in 2013 after the Sandy Hook shooting, would expand background checks to nearly all commercial firearm sales.

"She called Manchin and said she was trying to get a sense of what bills are out there," a Manchin aide told Axios. "She had him explain how they drafted the bill, where it stands and what changes needed to be made in order for it to pass."

But she didn't signal a White House position.

The call followed President Trump's own conversations with Manchin last Monday and Tuesday, first reported by the WashPost, in which he told the senator that he wanted legislation before the Senate returns from recess in September.

The backdrop: Following the mass shootings, Ivanka Trump posted a note on her Instagram story calling on Congress to "enact Red Flag laws/Extreme Risk Protection Orders in every state, increase resources dedicated to mental health support nationwide and close background check loopholes."

"You can strongly support and defend the 2nd Amendment while calling for these common sense, and long-overdue reforms," she concluded.

She later reiterated that call to action on Twitter.

A White House official said Ivanka "has trusted relationships on both sides of the aisle and she is working in concert with the White House policy and legislative teams."

From last yearhttps://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/rubycramer/michael-bloomberg-will-host-fundraiser-for-joe-manchin

Mayor Michael Bloomberg, the gun control movement's most active and affluent advocate, will host a fundraiser at his Manhattan home later this month for Sen. Joe Manchin, according to an invitation for the event obtained by BuzzFeed.

Manchin, a Democrat from Republican-leaning West Virginia, led the Senate's push for a bill to expand background checks on private gun sales earlier this year in the wake of the mass shooting last December in Newtown, Conn. Manchin's bill, co-sponsored by Republican Sen. Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania, failed despite backing from the White House and Bloomberg's own group, Mayor's Against Illegal Guns.

I was gonna post the link from the hill. His all family is involved. Trump was handpicked by the deep state to strip us of our 2nd Amendment rights. What better way when they can trick most people who think he is our friend and there's little opposition.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/457197-ivanka-trump-talking-to-lawmakers-about-gun-reform-legislation-report?amp

Just that snippet could be read a lot of different ways. None of us want crazy people to have firearms. Let's see what he does.

When he says hes going to do something on guns, he means it

Re: Bumpstocks

And Erics comment should say a lot as well (and Eric and Don Jr are much more gun folk than big D)

The fact Eric is referring to the second amendment as “sport” means he has no idea what the second amendment means because it has nothing to do with “sport”. That’s an after thought.

Trump was handpicked by the deep state to strip us of our 2nd Amendment rights.

Please step away from the internet and get some fresh air. This stuff is really affecting you in a negative way. Seriously. Take a break, get outside, go for a long walk.

It's not affecting me in a negative way, I'm good and don't need fresh air or a walk. I'm telling it like it is and might be hard to believe it but they are saying it openly. I know I'm right but I hope I'm wrong and time will tell.

Please step away from the internet and get some fresh air. This stuff is really affecting you in a negative way. Seriously. Take a break, get outside, go for a long walk.

I would like to suggest fishing as an additional option. It has really helped me get away from the craziness lately. The media is pumping the hate through our phones, computers, and TVs. Gotta turn this stuff off every now and then.

I would like to suggest fishing as an additional option. It has really helped me get away from the craziness lately. The media is pumping the hate through our phones, computers, and TVs. Gotta turn this stuff off every now and then.

I stepped away from social media completely. No Facebook, Twitter, etc. I got sick and tired of the hate-vaccuum.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I stepped away from social media completely. No Facebook, Twitter, etc. I got sick and tired of the hate-vaccuum.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I’m close to that myself. I was having a respectful conversation of Facebook with some journalist types and all of a sudden I was called a GUN FREAK and a FAT REDNECK.

That ended any intelligent conversation.

Chicken Meditation.

With your favorite beverage.

And tasty treats for the chickens.

Quite relaxing!

Archived