POSTED! - NO CARRY Signs

mauserme

I've been expecting Costco to post. Just got back from the Lake in the Hills store and still NOT posted. Good News.

Thought I read somewhere that while Costco prohibits on paper, they do not post their stores.

Guess they are just trying to make all their customers happy.

Costco's "official" policy is no guns. But they are not posted in other states.

I've been expecting Costco to post. Just got back from the Lake in the Hills store and still NOT posted. Good News.

Thought I read somewhere that while Costco prohibits on paper, they do not post their stores.

Costco's "official" policy is no guns. But they are not posted in other states.

They'd rather have your money than keep you out and prevent you from spending.

I'm good with that just as long as they don't post. Sounds like Starbucks policy. Let's not make an issue of it, as long as they don't make an issue of us.

I'm good with that just as long as they don't post. Sounds like Starbucks policy. Let's not make an issue of it, as long as they don't make an issue of us.

If you Google "Costco gun policy" you' ll find articles about it and how hard it is to find their policy, but they all also say that Costco doesn't post. Good business- make everyone happy. No guns policy, but not enforced in any way.

"Personal Firearms/Guns In Costco Stores

Costco Wholesale is a membership-only warehouse club. It is not open to the general public. It restricts membership to a limited group of qualified individuals who agree to membership conditions. We have the right and the obligation to our members, to enact and enforce membership rules. The Member Service Employees at the exit doors are obliged to follow these rules. By obtaining a Costco membership card, our members agree to comply with the Membership Rules and the Privileges and Conditions of membership.

Costco does not believe that it is necessary for firearms to be brought into its warehouse stores, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers. For the protection of all our members and employees, we feel this is a reasonable and prudent precaution to ensure a pleasant shopping experience and safe workplace. Our policy is meant to protect our members and employees in all warehouses around the world. This is not a new policy and we do not customize the policy for each individual city/county/state/country where we do business.

Our primary goal at Costco Wholesale is to keep our members happy. If you believe that our policy restricting members from bringing firearms into our warehouse stores is either unfair or excessively burdensome, or you cannot agree to abide by this policy, or you are dissatisfied for any other reason, Costco will promptly refund your annual membership fee in full."

deleted

FYI it asks for a Yahoo login to view the pic.

I am trying to upload a pic of a sign from the local bank but I am not doing it correctly I guess. I uploaded to flickr but now not sure what to do with it. Ugh.

It is not a no gun sign, it is a no sunglasses, no hat, no hoodie sign. I just had not seen one before. I thought it was humerous.

AAA office at 307 N Michigan Ave, Chicago is posted. Legal looking signs on both the street and building lobby entrance doors. The PNC Bank which shares the lobby is NOT (yet) posted. Until carry is OK'd on public transit (Metra and CTA), downtown is "virtually posted" anyway. How many people actually drive downtown(?) and at least one parking garage (on Randolph - see an earlier post) is posted already too.

This is a bummer. Portillo's downtown Chicago is posted.

Portillo's Hot Dogs

Address: 100 W Ontario St, Chicago, IL 60654

Phone:(312) 587-8910

http://www.canyonero.com/files/x/1393875415.jpg

Even though Dick Portillo is a US Marine, he isn't for the 2A as shown. We have asked for clarification and reconsideration before when he added stores in AZ. This is the answer we got.

This is a bummer. Portillo's downtown Chicago is posted.

Portillo's Hot Dogs

Address: 100 W Ontario St, Chicago, IL 60654

Phone:(312) 587-8910

http://www.canyonero.com/files/x/1393875415.jpg

The one in Sycamore isn't. I'm betting they caved to Rahm or alderman pressure in Chicago.

Portillos has always been anti-gun

That has been by experience too.

I went to Jam and Honey last week in Downers Grove which is across from a Portillos and owned by the same guy.

Oddly enough, it wasn't posted as I expected. I had to put the card back in my pocket.

Archived