Link to YouTube ISP Instructions on Registration.

Vodoun da Vinci

On 9/28/2023 at 10:19 AM, Upholder said:

Acquisition date?   How many people keep those kinds of records for anything?

One more hoop to make US jump thru....at least there is a check box for "Date Unknown".

'Cause most of US just don't know.

VooDoo

LOL....it doesn't tally dislikes. Stay classy, Illinois. What a bunch of cheaters. Now we'll see some Media Bozo tell us that  video has been "liked" 1.2K times but the fact that there were 300K dislikes that weren't tallied will be ignored.

The creator gets the dislike but it's not public. 

VooDoo

Edited by Vodoun da Vinci

So, after watching the video, is my understanding correct that the only way you can register items is via their portal?

For example, my father, who doesn't use a computer, he request a paper copy for his FOID and sends that end, which he recently did. So, since he doesn't use a computer, does that mean he doesn't have to register any items that he might have since he doesn't have the ability to do it? (Mom took care of everything on the computer until she passed, he had no idea what was on their computer or even how to use email and doesn't text from his phone.) 

How is ISP setup to handle people like this that they are potentially turning into criminals?

On September 28, 2023 at 02:59 PM, Ardvark said:
Is there a finite list of banned “accessories” to select from that are supposed to be disclosed? Is a magazine, a spare bolt carrier group, front site post or spare firing pin an “accessory”?

Finite? No.

Any part that can be "used to construct" a banned weapon is included in the ban, per the law. (Accessories are included.) That's why some people are suggesting buying bags of screws and washers and making the ISP register them.

A few quick points:

1. They have access to/ or will subpoena manufacturers like Magpul for records on what has or has not been shipped to

gun owners. Think Polymer 80. They could even go so far as to subpoena bank records.

2. For the "Assault" Weapon ammunition - that's going to be subpoenaed by Illinois State Police - or whatever

task force; they'll come after internet sales or retailers that have shipped to Illinois

3. They're going to possibly have or have access to the person to person transfer; still working on figuring

this one out. 

Don't give your fifth amendment rights up. Don't waive fifth amendment privilege. Until qualified immunity is 

no longer existent, the police and agencies can and do LIE! If you follow their advice remember: they 

won't be there to serve and protect your family, loved ones, whoever gets hauled into court. They won't be 

paying attorney fees or making sacrifices. They only serve and protect THEIR people and crowd.

Edited by crufflesmuth

On 9/28/2023 at 12:16 PM, mab22 said:

Do I have to add an entry for each .22, 9MM,. 357 and .38 cal round or like the whole box?

What if I disagree with the aforementioned check box?

How do I list the Broach, or fancy Hair pins or other accessories from my wife’s great grandma? Why is that required?

Only .50 caliber ammunition that can be fired in a centerfire rifle needs to be accounted for.

VooDoo

I have removed all my banned items from the Illinois border. easy-peasy. 

On 9/29/2023 at 11:48 AM, bear226 said:

So what do we have  to register? Just the scary ones or every thing we might have?

https://isp.illinois.gov/StaticFiles/docs/Home/AssaultWeapons/PICA Identification Guide.pdf

This'll get you started.

VooDoo

I realize that AR lowers fall under the provisions of this new act. For an unassembled lower however there is no caliber designation as the same lower could be made into a pistol or rifle in .223, .300 Blackout, .458 Socom or even .410 shotgun. In fact until it is attached to a suitable upper assembly it “could” be either a rifle or a pistol. If an owner were to try to register a bare lower, how should they answer the questions regarding Rifle/pistol/shotgun and caliber/gauge? Or is there an “N/A” option for those items?

On 9/29/2023 at 1:31 PM, mab22 said:

In all seriousness, what about the illiterate, what are they supposed to do, READ through all of this and understand it all?

Heck, I have been reading everything I can find and talking to FFL folks and Trainers *none* of whom I consider to be illiterate and none of us truly seem to understand everything. This (I believe) is deliberate to trip up as many  as possible and make example of US in the future. It's insane. 

RandyP wants to know what to do with a lower receiver. I have no clue. If I had one I'd call it an accessory and in the description box list the serial and give full disclosure. Luckily I have only pretty much complete weapons and limited accessories. But I'm still hoping this whole mess gets struck down before we actually have to register.

Finger crossed.

VooDoo