Does Ives have a chance against Rauner, or against the Dems?

vito

Madigan cronies are financing her campaign trying to oust Rauner.

[citation needed]

A simple Google search will show how untrue that is. She recived around $6k from a union that also donates to Democrats, the Rauner campaign took it and ran with it. Stupid move, IMO. He really shouldn't be putting anything into trying to fight her other then defending the positions he's getting attacked on.

I looked it up, Richard Uihlein's superpac donated $2.5 million to Ives campaign, so it's not Madigan that's staking her. I'm not a fan, but she is running a very aggressive campaign. On my way to dinner tonight I saw Ives signs everywhere. Not just on lawns, but every major suburban intersection. Plus the book she started sending out. I'm curious if she's getting this much coverage everywhere?

TRUMP cannot win. TRUMP will not win. NO way TRUMP can win. TRUMP will not be president. TRUMP will not make it out of the gate. SOUND FAMILIAR!!!!

IVES cannot win, IVES will not win. IVES will not be GOV.

We shall see!! Was at Political gathering tonight. Very Little support for Bruce.

IVES is the savior of the failed IL republican party.

Top Ives for Governor donations

https://www.illinoissunshine.org/committees/ives-for-illinois-34254/

Donor Total donated Latest date

Richard Uihlein $2,500,000.00 Jan 30, 2018

Vincent Kolber $410,000.00 Feb 24, 2018

William Merchantz $100,000.00 Feb 27, 2018

William Dixon $75,000.00 Feb 27, 2018

Ron Kuhn $40,000.00 Feb 24, 2018

Peter Huizenga $32,000.00 Mar 05, 2018

Daniel Costello $29,000.00 Jan 26, 2018

Otto $25,000.00 Nov 28, 2017

Elizabeth Weiss $25,000.00 Nov 15, 2017

Friends of Jeanne Ives $25,000.00 Nov 15, 2017

Gary Rabine $20,000.00 Nov 18, 2017

Tom Sodeika $15,000.00 Jan 13, 2018

William Hupp $15,000.00 Dec 26, 2017

Brian Timpone $10,000.00 Dec 19, 2017

Edgar Bachrach $10,000.00 Nov 15, 2017

Virginia McCaskey $10,000.00 Nov 15, 2017

Citizens for Reggie Phill $10,000.00 Feb 05, 2018

Bette Roeser $10,000.00 Jan 31, 2018

Michael Romano $10,000.00 Jan 12, 2018

The Jaros Limited Partnership $10,000.00 Jan 26, 2018

She is a Democrat or may as will be , she is Madigans right hand women...

Do you actually believe those heavily edited radio and TV ads that take a few of her remarks completely out of context? She has a strong pro-2A and conservative voting record.

See JTHunter's link in #103 of this thread. I will try to post it here, but it may be better to go directly to his post.

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=21540

She is a Democrat or may as will be , she is Madigans right hand women...

I don't like Ives and will be voting for Rauner, but some of the comments here make me question the critical thinking of posters on this board. Campaign money is public, even if it only lists the superpac. It's pretty easy to figure out who stakes the major superpacs.

If something sounds outrageous, even if you'd like to believe it Google it first so you don't sound like an idiot when defending it. Or at least have something better then an opposing politicians campaign ad to back up your point.

I want to again point out how great the website https://www.illinoissunshine.org is.

Another good one is https://classic.fec.gov/pindex.shtml

I encourage everyone to look up all the candidates you want to debate to see where their money comes from. Voting records are only half the picture. I've been using this website for as long as I've known of its existence and it's very enlightening. If you want to know why anyone in industry and politics does what they do follow the money.

Like my example above that relates to the average person, Ives is accepting millions from Madigan and NOT reporting it. If the money isn't reported you cannot follow it. All you can do is look at what she is spending and what HAS been reported. She has spent far in excess of what she has reported as contributions. On top of that do you think the checks or wire transfers actually say MICHAEL MADIGAN on them? No they don't but there is a paper trail to follow. You wont be able to "Google" it.

Ives along with most politicians lie cheat and steal (true) but her lying cheating and stealing about campaign cash based on your argument is a genetic fallacy.

I can't stand her (I'll either be voting for Rauner or against Pritzker in the primary), but it's a pretty weak argument to just level accusations of campaign finance fraud with no actual evidence.

Money has a way of not being reported and I'll give a small example that most have probably taken part in.

When you do your Illinois taxes, line #23 is THE IL USE TAX. Anything that you buy online or from out of state that gets used here you are supposed to report. You write down the amount that you didn't pay taxes on and OWE 6.25%. Spend $1000 on a AR from BUDS and you OWE $62.50. How many people reading this have ever put down anything other then 0 on that line? The cost to Illinois is in the hundreds of millions. Spend $100 at Chewy.com? You OWE $6.25. Most people don't ever put anything other then 0 on line 23.

Do you think for a second that if you accepting money from another party that would highly offend your voter base that you are just going to come straight out and admit it? Like my example above that relates to the average person, Ives is accepting millions from Madigan and NOT reporting it. If the money isn't reported you cannot follow it. All you can do is look at what she is spending and what HAS been reported. She has spent far in excess of what she has reported as contributions. On top of that do you think the checks or wire transfers actually say MICHAEL MADIGAN on them? No they don't but there is a paper trail to follow. You wont be able to "Google" it.

She has no problem breaking West Points rules so what makes you think she is going to be honest with you? I'll answer that, she isn't.

She's bent on being Governor and will do ANYTHING to accomplish her "goal".

As for her remarks being taken "out of context", if my dog is barking and showing her teeth at you, is it out of context?

No, it's common sense that you will probably be bitten by a GSD. Like Ives, my dog is TELLING YOU something in her own way.

That's what she was doing to Rauner, barking and showing her teeth but I think he found it amusing even though he was shaking his head and smiling at her. He knew she said many things that were going to come back and bite her on tape.

She said those things, they were taped and I have no idea how people say "Out Of Context".

Like the Illinois is a Sanctuary State LIE, was that "Out Of Context"?

"I will not lie, cheat or steal" - OK Jeanne, you have already done all three and have the required bookkeeping skills to hide shady money.

https://capitolfax.com/2018/03/08/ives-tv-ad-may-violate-west-points-rules/

She did learn something at West Point and it wasn't just being the ROTC instructor at Wheaton College.

Jeanne Ives is corrupt to the core and may be the first person in Illinois RUNNING for Governor to go to prison.

We have plenty of ex Governors that have but I don't recall a candidate that did.

She might be the first one and I'm sure her fellow prisoners will LOVE her constant babbling about how wrong abortion is.

I wouldn't call her a nutcase, I think she just got corrupted by her Delusions of Grandeur which is an actual a psychiatric disorder.

That is from the DSM-IV. Calling her nutcase is a little rude if she is actually diagnosed as mentally ill. It's not PC.

To her credit, her first commercial was funnier then anything that has been on on SNL in five years even though far from PC.

Thank You Mike Madigan for bankrolling a "fringe candidate". You will do ANYTHING to stay in power.

Now go out and vote a week from next Tuesday for whoever you want.

Jeanne in Rauners commercial says she would not end the tax hike. The whole statement was she would not end it for a years or so to pay off the the interest the state occurred by not passing a budget. IVES voted no for the tax increase and stood up and publicly scolded the Republicans who did.. She is PRO-2nd amendment. She says she has a CCL. She did not vote for HB40 tax payer funded abortion. The sanctuary state statement is true. I have personalty heard Law enforcement officers argue with Rauners Cronies over the sanctuary state. IVES does not believe that MEN should be allowed to use Women's bathrooms. Rauner will not say Trumps name. Will not go to any function that Trump attends. Rauner has stated associating with Trump is political suicide up North. IVES is proud to say she supports President TRUMP !! But the best is Rauner has spent over $50 million dollars to win the primary against IVES. IVES has called Rauner out on his false commercials while he was in the room. I AM VOTING FOR IVES!!!!!!!!!!!

Every poll said that Hillary was a lock to win in 2016.

Every knowledgeable pundit said Trump has no chance whatsoever against the Clinton Machine.

The same polls and pundits say Ives has no chance against Rauners dollars.

You cant trust the polls

You cant trust the media

You cant trust the campaign adds.

You can only trust your gut

I voted for Rauner because he was as right of center as we had. She seems more right of center IMHO.

I don't trust her. You have a Republican governor, and a state under siege by the left. The best chance we have of any check upon the Democrats is that deep-pockets, incumbent Republican governor. The worst thing that can happen is his getting primaried. The best you can say abouit her, giving her the benefit of the doubt, is that she is being stupid and selfish by muddying Rauner up and forcing him to spend huge amounts of money fighting a primary challenge from a "fellow" Republican. Being a bit more cynical, she is a willing accomplice of the other side by muddying up the incumbent Republican governor and forcing him to unnecessarily spend millions of dollars that he desperately needs to fight off Pritzger in the general election.

This is not a situation in which the two parties have roughly even numbers in the state -- not by a long shot. Seeing as I don't perceive Ives as stupid or naive, I tend to believe the latter scenario.

I'm not sure why so many think that Rauner has no chance. I have many liberal friends who hate the Republicans, Gun-Rights, and Trump. However, they don't want this state to be completely controlled by Madigan and like how Rauner stands up to him. They think a Pritzker would be a Madigan take-over disaster. They want Rauner to win, but there's no way they would bring themselves to vote for someone like Ives. Although clearly not perfect, I say Rauner has a better chance.

I'm not sure why so many think that Rauner has no chance. I have many liberal friends who hate the Republicans, Gun-Rights, and Trump. However, they don't want this state to be completely controlled by Madigan and like how Rauner stands up to him. They think a Pritzker would be a Madigan take-over disaster. They want Rauner to win, but there's no way they would bring themselves to vote for someone like Ives. Although clearly not perfect, I say Rauner has a better chance.

DING

Archived