Target To Ban Guns?

Thirdpower

It's looking likely.

From this and chatter from the undersphere, it's looking very likely that Target may cave to pressure from the Bloomberg mommies and ban all forms of carry in their stores. It certainly didn't help that they were highlighted by OCT to 'normalize' open carry as well as the jack-hole who left a loaded gun in the toy aisle.

If you shop at Target, here's the way to get ahold of them and encourage them to stick w/ state/local laws on carrying:

Email: Guest.Relations@target.com

Phone: 1-800-440-0680

Pass this on. We've had enough PR losses due to this and every one means more money in Shannon Watt's pocket.

http://daysofourtrailers.blogspot.com/2014/06/target-to-ban-guns.html

http://www.pagunblog.com/2014/06/09/target-weighing-sweeping-gun-ban/

I'm going to be brief, due to frustration over this. Please, someone, make OCT stop. I've been writing letters and sending money to political campaigns for way too many years to have a bunch of gentlemen who don't even live in this awful state ruin everything we've worked for. I can live without Chipotle, and Starbucks has a drive thru. Target is a huge, huge loss in my weekly routine.

what would you like the NRA to do?

They severely chastised the people doing it in national letter and then took so much heat that they had to back down.

The NRA has been fighting the fight for a long time but they are often stymied in their efforts by others attempting to bull through a change.

I guarantee you that when one of these stores that has banned legitimate gun owners from carrying their weapons in the store and then experiences a serious injury or a death of the permit holder by an armed offender in their store than you will see a huge civil rights lawsuit filed and everyone that has stomped on 2A rights will do some fast backpedaling

Smart by bloomberg. Use OC to divide the "pro 2A" people and then work on getting a ban because your opposition is smaller. It's exactly the same game plan they used to slowly destroy firearms ownership in the UK and the reason that we should support the 2A even if don't agree with the way some choose to exercise it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Smart by bloomberg. Use OC to divide the "pro 2A" people and then work on getting a ban because your opposition is smaller. It's exactly the same game plan they used to slowly destroy firearms ownership in the UK and the reason that we should support the 2A even if don't agree with the way some choose to exercise it. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

To be clear, I'm saying that if a certain group is causing a ruckus, ban that group specifically for disturbing others. Don't ban carry or any type of carry, just specific individuals.

This talk of divide and conquer is moot - MDM made hay of the Texas OC demonstrations, they were going to exploit that situation regardless of how the NRA acted or if the NRA didn't act at all. Once MDM took action Target had to respond, its not like Target is . under the illusion that the NRA is going to be happy about the ban. And even if the NRA said nothing about OC Texas - target was going to do what it calculated to be the best thing for revenues. If the NRA strongly opposes the move by Target, that corporation is still going to do what it thinks is best for sales.

What is Target going to do if it doesn't make a policy, and these knuckleheads march into Target stores with their ARs again? Then Target has a real problem.

The NRA didn't put together this idiotic scheme, OC Texas did, I don't know what people expect the NRA to do about it.

I'm not usually a tin foil hatter, but these OCT guys look more and more like false flaggers on Bloomberg's or someone else's payroll. Look at the damage they've done! The NRA disowned them and then took a hit and had to back down. So now every time there's a shooting (all of a sudden there were a few big ones today, what's that all about?), the anti-gunners say "thanks to the NRA", but the people who demand nothing short of immediate open constitutional carry nationwide have also made them look bad. What is going on here???

Email sent

Most of my friends, my family and myself shop at Target. Been carrying for a long time at the Indiana locations w/a utah permit. My illinois permit brought me back to their illinois stores.

I really like target and it don't want to switch stores. I shopped strictly at indiana locations b4 I got an illinois permit because I couldn't protect my family from mad men in illinois. If target doesn't allow me to protect my family nation wide, I would switch stores to Myers or Walmart or even kmart. Then I would make a push for everyone I know to follow suit. Most of my family/friends are like minded individuals.

I don't know what to say about the open carry groups. How does one say that we have a constitutional right to do something and then persecute a group for doing so? Carriage of firearms is a protected constitutional right, concealed or otherwise. These OC groups have definitely made waves but our US constitution say the right to keep and bear arms, not bear handguns. We definitely have a fight on our hands but this is no time to be divided. We need to band together, take the high ground and win another battle. Maybe we need to attack this on a different front but we're not gonna win the long haul if we sacrifice someone else's rights to save our own

I don't know what to say about the open carry groups. How does one say that we have a constitutional right to do something and then persecute a group for doing so?

Not to derail the thread, but as a free speech advocate, I don't recommend making a habit out of lying. Even if you avoid illegal forms of lying (slander, libel, making a false report, etc.), making lies your everyday way of life is not a good idea. AR-15's have their place, but not as an EDC. I wouldn't recommend big game hunting with a .380 either, even if it is legal in some state.

what would you like the NRA to do?

They severely chastised the people doing it in national letter and then took so much heat that they had to back down.

The NRA has been fighting the fight for a long time but they are often stymied in their efforts by others attempting to bull through a change.

I guarantee you that when one of these stores that has banned legitimate gun owners from carrying their weapons in the store and then experiences a serious injury or a death of the permit holder by an armed offender in their store than you will see a huge civil rights lawsuit filed and everyone that has stomped on 2A rights will do some fast backpedaling

Especially considering that most of Target's customers are women making Target the perfect hunting ground for sexual predators kidnappers and murders especially rendered defenseless by Target.

I called the toll free number provided in the first posting. Personally I think a phone call makes a bigger impact that an email. I spoke to a Target customer service agent, who after we spoke a few minutes transferred me to a supervisor. I expressed my hopes to him that Target would not post as a gun free zone, but if they do, I would honor their decision but shop elsewhere from that point on. I added that I have been a good customer of Target for many years, and that I would prefer to continue giving them my business, but would not patronize them if I were banned from carrying my firearm as a licensed individual. The supervisor took my name and phone number and assured me that my comments would be passed on to senior management. I encourage others to call as well. When you call, and get the first automated menu, press "2" and proceed from there until you get a human on the line.

The last post just gave me some good ideas for working with retailers and others who are nervous about the entire gun issue. We could show our concern by encouraging them to post signs other than the official "No Guns" state mandated format sign. The new signs could read "No Illegal Guns Permitted" or "No Guns Permitted for Individuals with Criminal Intent", or "No Federally Prohibited Firearms Permitted Here", or, finally: "No Gun Carrying by Illegals Permitted Here".

"No Gun Carrying by Illegals Permitted Here"...right...you read that one again and wait for that downtown protest.

I do think that businesses like Chipotle and Starbucks should post signs to prohibit illegal guns. Not all guns, just the illegal ones.

Perhaps they should just post signs that say "No crimes allowed here."

Archived