POSTED! - NO CARRY Signs

mauserme

I went to a party last night at a new place that recently opened in Palatine. It was at the Tap House Grill on Wilson. With a name that has "tap house" in it, I expected it to be posted, so I left my gun in the car. When I got to the door, I saw it was NOT POSTED. I checked the other doors and did not see any of the offensive signs.

I guess the "grill" part of their name sells more food than the "tap" part of their name sells alcohol. I went inside for my party and even had something alcoholic to drink while I was there. I was sure to pace myself as I was driving home that night. Going there for a party turned out to be a very pleasant surprise. I wouldn't have guessed they sell that much food, but I guess they do. I did not leave the place hungry. :)

I went to a party last night at a new place that recently opened in Palatine. It was at the Tap House Grill on Wilson. With a name that has "tap house" in it, I expected it to be posted, so I left my gun in the car. When I got to the door, I saw it was NOT POSTED. I checked the other doors and did not see any of the offensive signs.

I guess the "grill" part of their name sells more food than the "tap" part of their name sells alcohol. I went inside for my party and even had something alcoholic to drink while I was there. I was sure to pace myself as I was driving home that night. Going there for a party turned out to be a very pleasant surprise. I wouldn't have guessed they sell that much food, but I guess they do. I did not leave the place hungry. :)

If it's part of the Tap House chain it will be posted. They are slow to post, and don't put the signs where they are easily seen.

Good to hear! I think most of the "bar & grill" type places do sell more food than drink. They usually have a large bar area, but also a decent restaurant area. And food is usually more expensive than drinks... There is a similar restaurant locally that I patronize which is not posted. I sit in the restaurant portion, have my 1 hard cider along with my meal, and stay protected.

Sam Ash Music in Lombard posted some time in the last few weeks. I went home and cancelled the $1K bass I had on order from their website.

Sam Ash in Buffalo Grove is not posted.

You might want to keep an eye on it - the company's COO told me it was a chainwide policy.

Great Clips in Cary, IL Posted with no guns sign.

Went in after disarming and as it only takes two minutes to buzz my head anyway I got the haircut.

After I gave the nice little girl a tip and had her remove my name and info from their data base. She asked why and I gave her one of the "No Guns No Money" cards. Came home and e-mailed corporate and the location in Cary with my displeasure. Received a reply from the franchise owner this AM that the sign stays.

In the past I have had business owners reconsider and remove the no guns signs, not this time. Couple of regular barber shops in the area that I will now be checking out.

If you're in the area and have the no guns no money cards you might swing by and give them one (just west of the Jewel center in Cary). As always, be respectful but give them the card to let them know they're losing business.

I was at the Great clips @ 59 & 72 this morning and there was no sign up at that location.

While shopping in Rochelle this morning we stopped and the McDonalds on Hwy 51 N for a cup of coffee. It had an official posted sign on the entry door. There is another McDonalds on Hwy 38. We were on our way to Dekalb so we just stopped there. It is also now posted. I talked to the day manager who said she did not know when the signs went up. Told her we would not be back. She said she would talk to the owner. I suspect they are owned by the same person.

This may be listed here somewhere, but I am listing it anyway. The Illinois 8 Cinema behind the mall in Marion has a non-compliant "no weapons" sign near the bottom of the front door. I saw the latest Hobbit movie there tonight for my daughter's birthday. I pointed out to my family as we left that the sign was not the state compliant sign and had no force of law. My daughter then put it all together in her mind. It was a great moment. :)

Good to hear! I think most of the "bar & grill" type places do sell more food than drink. They usually have a large bar area, but also a decent restaurant area. And food is usually more expensive than drinks... There is a similar restaurant locally that I patronize which is not posted. I sit in the restaurant portion, have my 1 hard cider along with my meal, and stay protected.

I was at their St. Charles location early December and it wasn't posted to my surprise! Great food, too!

I was at their St. Charles location early December and it wasn't posted to my surprise! Great food, too!

I've been to both their St. Charles and Woodridge locations, and neither were posted when I was there. And they char a darned tasty steak!

Had dinner at Jameson Char House in Skokie last night, not posted. Good food and drink at a fair price. The Skokie location has it's own entrance, plus an entrance that is part of a hotel lobby. Neither were posted.

Actually, it's kind of a strange situatiuon there because if you want to use the restroom at that restaurant, they direct you to the ones in the hotel lobby. The hotel is a Doubletree, quite nice. We lounged for a few minutes by the fake fireplace (gas) after dinner. It was my first time at a Jameson Char House, I don't know why I waited so long to go to one. I recommend.

Had dinner at Jameson Char House in Skokie last night, not posted. Good food and drink at a fair price. The Skokie location has it's own entrance, plus an entrance that is part of a hotel lobby. Neither were posted.

Actually, it's kind of a strange situatiuon there because if you want to use the restroom at that restaurant, they direct you to the ones in the hotel lobby. The hotel is a Doubletree, quite nice. We lounged for a few minutes by the fake fireplace (gas) after dinner. It was my first time at a Jameson Char House, I don't know why I waited so long to go to one. I recommend.

The wife and I were thinking about going there next week. Thanks for the review.

thanks for inviting me :pinch:

I was disappointed earlier in the week, went to Ford City in Champaign, was shocked to see the signs and they are fanatically placed everywhere. I said forget it and decided to go to GMC and Worden Martin was covered too, I read this thread and see sometimes these places claim their insurance company demanded it, I say B.S. and if its true tell us which insurance company is out there against our rights. I see these signs at a dealership and think someone ignorant feels a paper sign will stop a bad guy. I also wonder what are they so afraid of? perhaps they are shady business people and feel a need for such signs because of all the bad disputes they get. I haven't been to marketplace for a 6 months now, Im trying my best to not support people who are against me

Archived