ISRA Lobbyist Speaks About Current Legislative Session

Molly B.

Here's a wake up call the "sit down at the table" people in the video just don't get.....The current regime isn't going to work together with anyone as Ed Sullivan says, they don't give a rats *** about actual crime or lowering the violence, etc. the one and only goal for the dictator and his stooges is 100% disarmament of every last law abiding person in this state. they don't care what stunt or dirty trick they need to pull, breaking the law and bribing judges is fine too. The ISRA has no concept of what's going on and what we're up against. The ISRA needs to stop pretending they represent all gun owners in the state and they need to stop trying to negotiate "we'll give this up if you let us keep this" then we get screwed AGAIN. 

On 1/20/2024 at 5:43 PM, G214me said:

Here's a wake up call the "sit down at the table" people in the video just don't get.....The current regime isn't going to work together with anyone as Ed Sullivan says, they don't give a rats *** about actual crime or lowering the violence, etc. the one and only goal for the dictator and his stooges is 100% disarmament of every last law abiding person in this state. they don't care what stunt or dirty trick they need to pull, breaking the law and bribing judges is fine too. The ISRA has no concept of what's going on and what we're up against. The ISRA needs to stop pretending they represent all gun owners in the state and they need to stop trying to negotiate "we'll give this up if you let us keep this" then we get screwed AGAIN. 

I kind of disagree with you, in this current situation. The state holds super majorities and can pretty much pass any anti-gun law they want, with disregard to throwing anyone of US gun owners in jail or turning US into prohibited persons. Being an FFL Dealer, I know for a fact that retired LE pushed really really hard to be made exempt, and they were successful. Unless WE, the IL PEOPLE, make a real change at the ballot box, we're pretty much begging for mercy. Even if we win this WAR at the end, and it takes 2yrs, that's 2yrs of a violation of our civil rights that we can never get back. I am actively looking to move, had a debate with a buddy over it. Again, unless WE can win at the ballot box, we're losing civil rights every day that we can never get back. His argument was, we won handguns in Chicago and conceal carry. It took 28.5yrs to win McDonald, that's 28.5yrs WE lived with a loss of our civil rights. If we moved to Indiana, we would have had these rights for 28.5yrs. I made the same analogy w/NFA Items, we WIN PICA, and how much longer do WE go without having NFA rights. The biggest 2A problem WE have in IL, is that most of our gun owners, are NOT Pro-2A. These gun owners come from Chicago and Cook County and will vote against their 2A rights every election cycle. Our outreach, whether it comes from ISRA, GSL, etc. NEEDS to come from this segment. Republicans and every conservative group won't spend a penny in Chicago/Cook County for anything because of the Democrat stronghold they have here. 2A groups need to change that, and start investing in this area for the next generation. US voters need to put a little skin in the game instead of always counting on the courts to bail US out...

On 1/20/2024 at 8:00 PM, BobPistol said:

And how to do that when the ballot box is disabled in IL? 

If IL residents came out hard for Anti-Gun Regime change, they wouldn't have a clue what hit them. Just like Trump's 2016 victory, Democrats were sure Hillary's victory was in the bag. If we could change 10-15 seats in one election cycle, then maybe we would have to worry about a "disabled ballot box" in the following election. The easiest seat to win, IMO, would be the governor's seat. IL used to consistently have Republican governors, what happened? We kind of have an idea, but with the whole state voting, it is clearly doable...

On 1/20/2024 at 8:11 PM, ealcala31 said:

If IL residents came out hard for Anti-Gun Regime change, they wouldn't have a clue what hit them. Just like Trump's 2016 victory, Democrats were sure Hillary's victory was in the bag. If we could change 10-15 seats in one election cycle, then maybe we would have to worry about a "disabled ballot box" in the following election. The easiest seat to win, IMO, would be the governor's seat. IL used to consistently have Republican governors, what happened? We kind of have an idea, but with the whole state voting, it is clearly doable...

With the way this state has been "gerrymandered", that is highly unlikely.

On 1/20/2024 at 8:48 PM, JTHunter said:

With the way this state has been "gerrymandered", that is highly unlikely.

Gerrymandering has hurt the 2A community, but the governor's seat is a different story...

On 1/20/2024 at 9:18 PM, JTHunter said:

Of course.  That is the whole point of the way they are doing things - to ensure their "lock" on power.

I am not a fiscal conservative, started out my life as a Liberal from Chicago. With that said, it disappoints me greatly that fiscal conservatives threw Gov Rauner to the curb. Don't get me wrong, I completely understand why, but he stopped the Progressive Liberal sprint to a slow walk. We are now forced to beg for mercy from our enemies, when we had a better chance of negotiating with a neutral/moderate party. We should have accepted Gov Rauner for who he is, not for something that he wasn't. Why, because WE could all agree that Gov Pritzker made this state a whole lot worse and we were better off with the latter. 

On 1/21/2024 at 1:25 PM, Kingcreek said:

Compromise means they win, we lose.

Agreed. But it could have been worse and STILL can get worse. Besides the courts, any ideas to make it better. I'm all ears, but if the 2A community doesn't think there is any hope voting, then we deal w/the B#LL$HIT or move out. With the pessimism and half glass empty approach that comes from most of the 2A community, convincing my wife to move 26 miles on the other side of FREEDOM becomes more and more of a reality...  

On 1/21/2024 at 1:49 PM, ealcala31 said:

Agreed. But it could have been worse and STILL can get worse. Besides the courts, any ideas to make it better. I'm all ears, but if the 2A community doesn't think there is any hope voting, then we deal w/the B#LL$HIT or move out. With the pessimism and half glass empty approach that comes from most of the 2A community, convincing my wife to move 26 miles on the other side of FREEDOM becomes more and more of a reality...  

Sorry but WE cannot fix your problems up there.
My State Rep and State Senator ARE, and have been for quite a while, staunch 2A supporters. We’re DOING our part. We need you to do yours. Work to get the vote out, work to educate the uneducated, work to get better candidates then work to support them. Cutting and running ain’t gonna help ANYTHING. 

Edited by Tip

On 1/21/2024 at 2:05 PM, Tip said:

Sorry but WE cannot fix your problems up there.
My State Rep and State Senator ARE, and have been for quite a while, staunch 2A supporters. We’re DOING our part. We need you to do yours. Work to get the vote out, work to educate the uneducated, work to get better candidates then work to support them. Cutting and running ain’t gonna help ANYTHING. 

Agreed. The problem is Chicago/Cook County. WE need a well financed ground game. Remember, the entire state got sucked into PICA, not just Cook County. So, the, "I don't care what happens in Cook County because I live in Marion," doesn't fly. Or the, "I don't care about AR15s because I have hunting shotguns," doesn't fly either. But, why not tuck tail and run. Even though we all have to deal w/PICA, we are still dividing ourselves amongst regions. Your statement made that clear above. I am a born Illinoisan, but hold no allegiance to Illinois whatsoever. I'll leave to enjoy my rights instead of staying and losing my rights for another 2, 3, or 28.5yrs like I did living in Chicago.

Sorry you took it that way but it’s completely wrong.
The problem is EVERY county/area with Reps/Sens that are not staunch 2A supporters, that do not support our rights. Just as you don’t vote for our Reps/Sens we cannot vote for yours. We ARE NOT dividing among regions. All we are saying is we cannot change your Reps/Sens — only YOU can do that. 
We are certainly NOT saying we don’t care what happens up there - those are your words - we DO care because it DOES affect us. We certainly are not saying we don’t care about AR’s - again, those are your words - again, we DO care because it DOES affect us. To say otherwise is disingenuous.

Just as your cutting and running DOESN’T help us and DOES affect us. Just as if we were to cut and run it certainly wouldn’t help you and, we’re we to lose our Reps/Sens, it would certainly affect you in a negative way.

Unfortunately attitudes of  — I’ll take care of me and to heck with the rest of you all - is, to a great extent, how we got here. 

On 1/20/2024 at 7:11 PM, ealcala31 said:

Aww, bless your heart.

There is so much voting fraud in Illinois, that for every real vote that votes against the current LWW-dominated regime, there's at least 1/2 of a democrat vote + 2 votes from illegals, duplicates, felons, dead people, and people whose registration is not correct (moved out of state, etc.)

We could have EVERY SINGLE PERSON ELIGIBLE TO VOTE in IL flood the ballot boxes with legitimate votes and the wackocrats would STILL win.

On 1/21/2024 at 3:28 PM, Tip said:

Sorry you took it that way but it’s completely wrong.
The problem is EVERY county/area with Reps/Sens that are not staunch 2A supporters, that do not support our rights. Just as you don’t vote for our Reps/Sens we cannot vote for yours. We ARE NOT dividing among regions. All we are saying is we cannot change your Reps/Sens — only YOU can do that. 
We are certainly NOT saying we don’t care what happens up there - those are your words - we DO care because it DOES affect us. We certainly are not saying we don’t care about AR’s - again, those are your words - again, we DO care because it DOES affect us. To say otherwise is disingenuous.

Just as your cutting and running DOESN’T help us and DOES affect us. Just as if we were to cut and run it certainly wouldn’t help you and, we’re we to lose our Reps/Sens, it would certainly affect you in a negative way.

Unfortunately attitudes of  — I’ll take care of me and to heck with the rest of you all - is, to a great extent, how we got here. 

You don't have to mince words. It's been this way amongst the 7 counties of the Chicagoland area since I became a 2A guy. Will County laughing at Cook County residents, DuPage County laughing at Cook County residents, etc. But me being the guy who stood in Chicago until WE won, cost me 11yrs of 2nd Amendment Freedom. PICA is now doing the same. So yes, moving and having rights immediately, instead of waiting another X amount of years has become more and more realistic for me. The only thing that will work, is a well financed ground game. We need the NRA, state 2A groups, and the Republican Party to dedicate 5-10yrs to see if the Democratic Machine is truly unbreakable in these areas. Since that is a far cry, nothing is going to change. Counting on the courts to bail out the voters should not always be the answer. Here, in IL, that is the only answer...

On 1/21/2024 at 5:30 PM, BobPistol said:

Aww, bless your heart.

There is so much voting fraud in Illinois, that for every real vote that votes against the current LWW-dominated regime, there's at least 1/2 of a democrat vote + 2 votes from illegals, duplicates, felons, dead people, and people whose registration is not correct (moved out of state, etc.)

We could have EVERY SINGLE PERSON ELIGIBLE TO VOTE in IL flood the ballot boxes with legitimate votes and the wackocrats would STILL win.

I agree with you, but 2 people have proven it could be done, Trump 2016 and former Gov Rauner. Rauner actually pulled Chicago votes away from the Democrats, and he done that through school choice. It can be done...

On 1/21/2024 at 5:04 PM, ealcala31 said:

I agree with you, but 2 people have proven it could be done, Trump 2016 and former Gov Rauner. Rauner actually pulled Chicago votes away from the Democrats, and he done that through school choice. It can be done...

Trump did nothing about the Covid totalitarianism.    He did good with the Supreme Court and his pro-life accomplishments.

Rauner was at best a speedbump to the leftocrat totalitarianism. 

Edited by BobPistol

So far everyone is right in this thread. 

I used to be involved with Lake County GOP.  They were a bunch of feckless wimps, who just gave up and decided to lose gradually. 

Redistricting had  a lot to do with that, but they had a loser mentality and were just out to save themselves for as long as they could. 

Vote fraud was certainly happening. Ballot harvesting is also happening - and that is how the dems flipped the Lake County Sheriff from Curran to Idleburg. 

IL GOP needs to ballot harvest. 

IL GOP needs to find a winning case at the federal level to fix the dem gerrymandering of the maps.

IL GOP has to do a massive outreach to the Lake/Cook gun owning minorities.  

On 1/21/2024 at 8:24 PM, BobPistol said:

Trump did nothing about the Covid totalitarianism.    He did good with the Supreme Court and his pro-life accomplishments.

Rauner was at best a speedbump to the leftocrat totalitarianism. 

I stated that a few replies above in a different manner, but you're 💯 right. Both are still way better than what we currently have...

On 1/21/2024 at 8:33 PM, Dumak_from_arfcom said:

So far everyone is right in this thread. 

I used to be involved with Lake County GOP.  They were a bunch of feckless wimps, who just gave up and decided to lose gradually. 

Redistricting had  a lot to do with that, but they had a loser mentality and were just out to save themselves for as long as they could. 

Vote fraud was certainly happening. Ballot harvesting is also happening - and that is how the dems flipped the Lake County Sheriff from Curran to Idleburg. 

IL GOP needs to ballot harvest. 

IL GOP needs to find a winning case at the federal level to fix the dem gerrymandering of the maps.

IL GOP has to do a massive outreach to the Lake/Cook gun owning minorities.  

If you're correct, how could we WIN with a GOP attitude like that. I mean the IL GOP is not even Pro-2A. TBH, without the courts, WE have NO handguns in Chicago and NO IL Conceal Carry. Damn...

On 1/21/2024 at 8:55 PM, ealcala31 said:

If you're correct, how could we WIN with a GOP attitude like that. I mean the IL GOP is not even Pro-2A. TBH, without the courts, WE have NO handguns in Chicago and NO IL Conceal Carry. Damn...

When the dems don't have the maps, they go to court to get the maps.  Meanwhile they do stuff like harvesting ballots that most of the GOP still doesn't want to do.  I bet Rona McRomney hasn't allocated a single dollar for harvesting operations. 

Ballot harvesting changes the game. It is no longer about candidates and issues - it is about collecting as many votes as possible - harvesting turned elections into video games. 

The only reason we kept the US House is because republicans in Northern California and in NY conducted ballot harvesting operations.  And get this, in Northern California the democrats took the GOP to court to try to get them to stop ballot harvesting.  Think about that, while Democrats were harvesting ballots everywhere they could, they went to court to try to stop the Republicans from doing it.  

In tight races, when the late ballots start coming in, the republican candidate always loses ground until the dem goes up by 1 and then poof the dem declares themselves the winner.  Well in NY and CA, when the dem gained late votes, so did the republican.  

On 1/21/2024 at 9:18 PM, Dumak_from_arfcom said:

When the dems don't have the maps, they go to court to get the maps.  Meanwhile they do stuff like harvesting ballots that most of the GOP still doesn't want to do.  I bet Rona McRomney hasn't allocated a single dollar for harvesting operations. 

Ballot harvesting changes the game. It is no longer about candidates and issues - it is about collecting as many votes as possible - harvesting turned elections into video games. 

The only reason we kept the US House is because republicans in Northern California and in NY conducted ballot harvesting operations.  And get this, in Northern California the democrats took the GOP to court to try to get them to stop ballot harvesting.  Think about that, while Democrats were harvesting ballots everywhere they could, they went to court to try to stop the Republicans from doing it.  

In tight races, when the late ballots start coming in, the republican candidate always loses ground until the dem goes up by 1 and then poof the dem declares themselves the winner.  Well in NY and CA, when the dem gained late votes, so did the republican.  

That should be proof enough to add ballot harvesting to every GOP election cycle.

On 1/21/2024 at 9:53 PM, Dumak_from_arfcom said:

“Republican voters don’t need to have their vote harvested. The only reason it works for Democrats is because they could never turn out their voters. What’s going to happen is Republicans are going to start doing this and find that they don’t have nearly enough ballots to harvest to make a difference.” When it comes to harvesting, I always had this thought process until replies above said otherwise. Conservatives, IMO, never needed to be forced to vote, while Liberals needed their arm twisted to come out on election day that was NOT a Presidential Election cycle. I knocked on doors for 6yrs in Chicago & Cicero. It was an interesting experience...

2A Community, 2A People....

But there are no Estate tax community, Estate tax people, just as there is no 1A community or 1A people, what about the 5A community or 4A people?

Why can't "2A" people be referred to as regular people with the rest of the everyday people?

As Illinois citizens and residents we are just People, exercising some of their federal constitutional rights, we shouldn't be "categorized" in a "special group".

On 1/20/2024 at 8:11 PM, ealcala31 said:

I see what you mean, a pro gun governor can be a stopgap measure against the GA, but in the end Rauner was the one that got us the ridiculous 72 hour wait for everything, and I'm not convinced he would veto an AWB - his wife is a north shore liberal after all. How would the cocktail party circuit go for him if he vetoed an AWB? That being said, ordinary lil ole me from rural sangamon county met him not once but twice, drinking beer in two different beer tents. Jelly Belly would never be caught dead in such a place.

On 1/22/2024 at 7:17 AM, mab22 said:

As Illinois citizens and residents we are just People, exercising some of their federal constitutional rights, we shouldn't be "categorized" in a "special group".

Illinois is a cronyocracy.

Politicians only care about their cronies.

The only way to get actual representation from a government is to become a crony (i.e. a "Special Group")

In other words, there is no "special group" for "The People of the State of Illinois" - the cronyocracy doesn't care about them.