Renewal people, log your processing times here

HeavyDuty

88 days to go active - 91 days to receive license in the mail.

Renewal application was 1/24/19 - with originally submitted fingerprints on 1/26/14 with original application

Expiration date - 3/28/19

Finally went active - 4/22/19 - My new renewal date is 4/22/24 (I expected it to be post dated back to 3/28 - but I was wrong)

Received in mail - 4/25/19

Now waiting on updated FOID card.

All for the nominal cost of $150+

Expires on 5/5/2019 Renewed on 3/31/2019 no prints, still under review.

This process sucks I renewed/reapplied for my out of state Florida CCL (which BTW was expired by 16 months) last year, and it was active the next day. The next day!!!!!! The powers that be, do not want us to have a pleasant experience, they make it difficult and irritating and expensive, for a reason.

Expires May 7th, originally applied with fingerprints. Applied for renewal March 7th. Still under review. I sincerely believe that the entire department has only one employee working on FOIDs and CCL applications, despite the oppressive fees being charged for the exercise of our Constitutional rights. How else could it possibly take so long??? What are our fees REALLY funding?

In this state where the residents exercise their right to vote in an incredibly incompetent manner, perhaps it is time for 32 hours of classes in macro economics, civics and common sense and the forking over of a $300 fee to get a Voter's License, which after applied for will arrive at your door 6 months after the election. Renewal every 2 years at the same fee and with the same hideous processing times. OMG, let's hear the hypocrites cry if THAT were ever seriously proposed!

Expires May 7th, originally applied with fingerprints. Applied for renewal March 7th. Still under review. I sincerely believe that the entire department has only one employee working on FOIDs and CCL applications, despite the oppressive fees being charged for the exercise of our Constitutional rights. How else could it possibly take so long??? What are our fees REALLY funding?

I did read a report from a few years back and they did only have one person on staff. Recently the ISP had a job opening for a single FOID/CCL processor.

Expires on 5/5/2019 Renewed on 3/31/2019 no prints, still under review.

This process sucks I renewed/reapplied for my out of state Florida CCL (which BTW was expired by 16 months) last year, and it was active the next day. The next day!!!!!! The powers that be, do not want us to have a pleasant experience, they make it difficult and irritating and expensive, for a reason.

Go to PA for a LTCF (License to Carry Firearms), and it's literally TEN (10) minutes, and that INCLUDES you standing there and filling out the app!

It is too bad they don't do it through the mail any longer but, since when I initially got mine through the mail I figured it WOULD be worth it to DRIVE out there to do it in person to renew (as is now required by their (PA) law), and it was - TEN minutes I S**t you not! Walk in, the nice lady at the counter 'guessed' ~ "are you here for your license to carry a firearm", "why yes maam I am". Filled out the application, talked with another guy also doing the same, let him turn his in first, then turned mine in. "Have a seat", okay! A couple minutes later you get called back up and they'll take a photograph and collect your signature "okay have a seat again for a couple minutes". Then they call you back up and hand you your shiny new LTCF, and you fork over $20! I kid you not, that WHOLE entire process took ~10 minutes! I did overhear the lady phone in the "background" check too, then continue to right down on my app what I presume was some sort of approval code. It was really that quick and easy (and cheap)!

Only two things that kinda stink are, before IL had the FCCA/CCL's PA only required a photocopy of your FOID. Now that we have the CCL, PA will require you to have one, and take a photocopy of it, in order to get the PA LTCF. So no PA, if you don't have a valid IL. The other thing, which I already mentioned was, they used to do this entirely through the mail, now PA law requires all applicants (even renewals) to be there in person (on the plus side, it takes only TEN minutes to do)! From the Chitcago area, it's somewhere around 9/10 hour drive one way (so you can get there and back within 24 hrs - especially if you go w/ a friend/family member). At least to the 'popular' county that did them for out of state residents (I've heard some counties aren't so non-resident 'friendly') "centre county" - which is of course almost centrally located within the state of PA. I actually have been out there twice now to renew, and same type of thing BOTH times, ~10 minutes in and out! I will continue to give the lovely Centre County, PA sheriff's my $20 every FIVE years; they have well earned it for their OUTSTANDING service!

Interestingly, my application number for renewal is the same number that I was for the initial permit - 0000192. Instructor and did fingerprints.

Expired 2/27/19

Applied for renewal on 2/5/19

Just checked and it says "Under Review", with the meta data (inspect element) saying "Submitted".

So, we'll see. :)

Still waiting. Coming up on 90 days next weekend. :(

IIRC, 'QC Verified' means they read the application and found no errors on it.

No idea how long it takes after that.

It took me 12 weeks to get to QC Verified. My application changed from submitted, to QC verified, to approved all in a single day. That was last Wednesday. I am still waiting to go Active which based on other posts in this thread should be any day now. Good news is that I will have gained a little over 2 months on my expiration. My original license expired 2/28. When mine goes active it will be at least 4/29 if not a few days later.

I am also in the process of renewing my Global Entry from TSA. This process is now very back logged now as well due to the federal shutdown. Renewals were generally a few weeks but now they are taking a couple of months. I suspect those will catch up though and return to the more normal processing times once they get through the backlog.

Mine has been sitting at QC_APPROVED since around April 3rd.

Still under review.

Applied 2/4. I'm guessing it should move to active this week? Coming up on 90 days.

I’ve been QC Verified approved since late February. No change since then. Renewed Feb 7. Expired Feb 28. Two months of free carry.

Today 4/30/19 is my last day for 'non-expired' carry.

Renewed 2/12/19, prints on file.

Still just "Under Review - Submitted".

The difficult takes time, the impossible takes money, but to REALLY screw things up? You need to have government intervention.

Everything expired now at 96 days for my CCL.

Everything expired now at 96 days for my CCL.

94 days here. Renewed on January 26th, sitting at "APPROVED" since April 23rd.

And surely no type of penalty for the state failing to comply with their own "90 days" law. They'll twist it and say "Oh, we meant from the time the previous expired..."

Expired: 2/28/2019

Renewal submitted: 1/30/2019 (prints on file from original application)

Status as of 3/26/2019: Submitted->Under Review

Tomorrow will be 8 weeks since I submitted the renewal.

4/24/2019 Update: Went to QC-Verified today, 12 weeks after applying.

Finally went Active today. New expiration date is 5/2/2024.

Me too. Went Active today

Renewed (fingerprints on file from the first time) 01/26/19.

Expiration was 02/28/19.

Today, almost 2 months days later, still showing "Under Review/SUBMITTED."

Today, still carrying with my renewal screenshot printed in my wallet.

Just checked today (04/18/19), some time since the end of last week, I went "QC_VERIFIED." So looks like I may get it sooner than I thought. Based on other timelines, I'll expect it early May at the latest.

Approved 04/23/19.

Active 05/02/19.

So 96 days from submission to issue.

Still showed "approved" a couple of hours ago. Came here & saw the line of people who went active, went back & checked, & saw active.

Archived