Automatic Knives for FOID Holders Becomes Law!

omg_its_john_cena

I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to knives, more so automatic knives. Can someone recommend one for around $50-$60?

Not sure about that price range, but for slightly more you could get the Kershaw Launch 4 mini... I think it's around $80.

I plan on grabbing one of those, as well as the launch 6.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I've been looking at the Kershaw Launch 5 and the Launch 6. Not sure which I want . I like both and may have to end up getting both .

So next week, if the governor does not veto or does not sign the bill, it becomes law. Is there some type of announcement or is it posted someplace?

I would imagine this link would be updated. Of course, we are dealing with Illinois State Government ... so your guess is a good as mine.

http://ilga.gov/legislation/billstatus.asp?DocNum=607&GAID=14&GA=100&DocTypeID=SB&LegID=100589&SessionID=91

I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to knives, more so automatic knives. Can someone recommend one for around $50-$60?

Here is one. S30V steel too.

http://www.bladehq.com/item--Smith-Wesson-Military-Police--13611

Agree with this M&P switchblade. Has a "pistol style" safety to flick off. Years ago, I remember a switchblade opening in my pocket. Not a pleasant experience.

Buy now from Illinois company; don't worry about Federal laws shipping across state lines.

AIK Adams International Knifeworks

http://www.adamsknifeworks.com/store/index.php

Will they ship to an IL address right now, or should i wait unitl the 15th to order?

They will ship to an Illinois address now.

heck yeah! Just bought benchmade CLA

Edited by 03rev

So next week, if the governor does not veto or does not sign the bill, it becomes law. Is there some type of announcement or is it posted someplace?

I would imagine this link would be updated. Of course, we are dealing with Illinois State Government ... so your guess is a good as mine.

http://ilga.gov/legislation/billstatus.asp?DocNum=607&GAID=14&GA=100&DocTypeID=SB&LegID=100589&SessionID=91

The individual bill link above or this link for Senate bills that are now a public act

http://www.ilga.gov/reports/Preview.asp?t=cr&k=10&ga=14&y=1&h=Senate%20Bills%20With%20Public%20Acts%20(1st%20Yr)

So

Inquiring minds want to know

When do we have spect this to become the law of the land?

Some really smart politico follower should have the answer, yes?

Sent to gov on 6/16. 60 days is 8/15. Unclear if day 1 was 6/16 or 6/17 and if bill gets enacted without a gov sig on day 60 or 61...so sometime between next Tue and Thu is my best guess.

28831702.jpg

Edited by InterestedBystander

Sorry -- I am still a tad confused on the SHIPPING end of things from internet stores. The two I have checked require the federal exception certification. Is this going to be a problem?

Not sure. But as said above, check out Adams International Knifeworks. They are in Illinois so their Illinois deliveries should not be constrained by federal law. By agreeing to AIK's terms/conditions at checkout (see below), you will be taking full responsibility for your local legalities.

=========================================

Terms & Conditions

Release, Assumption of Risk, Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement: Purchaser agrees that it is his or her responsibility , (not AIK-Adams Intl Knifewoks LLC), to ascertain and obey all applicable local, state, and federal laws with regard to possession and use of any items purchased from this site. Buyer agrees to consult their local and state laws before ordering. Buyer agrees that by placing this order, he or she has reached the legal age of 21, and that the product ordered will be used only in a lawful manner , and hereby releases the seller, (AIK-Adams Intl Knifeworks LLC), from any and all liability that may stem from any misuse, either directly or indirectly, of the product purchased.

By purchasing below retail cost, purchaser is considered a bonafide dealer as described in United States Federal Regulations 18 USC 1716 (g) (2) (1-4) and as such represents and states that sales will not be made to the general public, but only be made to those individuals and entities described in 18 USC 1716 (g) (2) (1-4) and 15 US 1244 (2-4) and any other local, state or federal laws regarding the ownership of such item purchased.

Edited by OldMarineVet

Hope it is true, but it is not reflected on the bill status page nor the Senate bills with public acts page, and it is still listed on bills pending gov action. Maybe he signed late at end of day, but if so, I'd expect those reports updated during the day tomorrow at the latest.

edit todays override votes and updated bill status are already reflected on ilga page for SB01 so why wouldnt knife bill be updated if signed?

Edited by InterestedBystander

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hallelujah! Not only a dealer in my neck of the woods, but someone I enjoy doing business with.

I saw his page on a microtech group. Looks like he has good prices also. I messaged him for a specific microtech and he said as soon as they are back in stock he'd order me one. Seems to be a good guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, tab. Telling Illinois' success to the rest of America.

Remember, it was Knife Rights, Chairman, Doug Ritter, who provided testimony for our supporting Illinois politicians.

Here's the full newsletter with other news if anybody is interested.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?m=1103550698648&ca=27ab8e20-9d8f-46ca-b0e2-4ee29b29e56e

Edited by OldMarineVet