New Federal AWB filed

TRJ

Reconciliation is for enacting legislation on taxes, spending, and the debt limit. Other categories require 60 votes. Not to say that the dumbocrats won't try to find some slithery sneaky way to try to fit their gun control into at least one of those categories. But even the wimpy SCOTUS would probably put the kibosh on that. Well, maybe.

It’s not just the Dumbo party we have to worry about, Mittens Romney likes to show off his RINO status!

Then there is Collins and murkowski I believe. So you can start cutting that 60 vote majority slimmer and slimmer.

Never really know what McConnell is gonna do either.

Reconciliation is for enacting legislation on taxes, spending, and the debt limit. Other categories require 60 votes. Not to say that the dumbocrats won't try to find some slithery sneaky way to try to fit their gun control into at least one of those categories. But even the wimpy SCOTUS would probably put the kibosh on that. Well, maybe.

When this bill fails they'll try Biden's suggestion of adding "assault weapons" and "high capacity" magazines to the NFA. Since the NFA is primarily a tax bill they'll pass that one via reconciliation

Is it so stated in the constitution, or in a rule book, or in a law?

I think scotus would say if it’s their rules they can change them as that body wants to.

But the constitution also states that the state congresses make the rules for voting and they turned tail and ignored that one...

Is it so stated in the constitution, or in a rule book, or in a law?

I think scotus would say if it’s their rules they can change them as that body wants to.

But the constitution also states that the state congresses make the rules for voting and they turned tail and ignored that one...

The Constitution allows both chambers to set their own rules. As of now, there are two Democrat senators that have pretty clearly expressed that they will not vote for abolishing the filibuster.

Whichever party is in power can get around the reconciliation rules with legislation. But that would certainly require nuking the filibuster.

When this bill fails they'll try Biden's suggestion of adding "assault weapons" and "high capacity" magazines to the NFA. Since the NFA is primarily a tax bill they'll pass that one via reconciliation

This right here!

According to this article, which has links to other articles, the D’s claim 8 R’s could go their way.

Gonna be a nail biter...

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/anti-2nd-amendment-groups-swarm-senate-amid-push-restrict-gun-rights

That is a poorly written article. Are the 8 he’s talking about the 8 house reps who voted for it?

They need 10 senate Rs to flip which seems a stretch.

According to this article, which has links to other articles, the D’s claim 8 R’s could go their way.

Gonna be a nail biter...

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/anti-2nd-amendment-groups-swarm-senate-amid-push-restrict-gun-rights

That is a poorly written article. Are the 8 he’s talking about the 8 house reps who voted for it?

They need 10 senate Rs to flip which seems a stretch.

Scanning the article, it seems that with the exception of the Schumer video, nobody from the Senate is quoted. The "eight Republicans" are probably the eight from the House.

• 2 weeks later...

This right here!

I don't know. I'm already waiting 5+ months for NFA paperwork, if they went that route, it might give litigators enough ammo to challenge the NFA.

I assume the grandfather clause allows me to keep the weapons and magazines I already have. But do you think we'll be allowed to use them? I travel to Texas to hunt pigs every year, and I sure don't want to start using a bolt action.

They want you to use them for the parts ban to work as intended. And don't think parts won't be next on the ban list.

Archived