Well over 45 days and still no CCL

vito

Its been well over 45 days now and still no CCL arrived. As the website suggests, I emailed the state police but have not received a response. Is there a phone number I can call and get someone to look into this for me? Thanks for any help you can offer. 

I just checked, and I do have a new FOID, which says "CCL: Yes" in the upper right corner and does not have an expiration date. Thanks for the info, I was not aware that I would not be getting a new actual card. I guess that means I just carry the FOID card and that covers me for concealed carry. I appreciate the information. Previously I just put away the FOID card and only carried the CCL so that if I ever lost my wallet I would at least have the FOID card safe at home. Now I guess I just had better not ever lose my wallet. 

On 10/25/2023 at 3:30 PM, Euler said:

A FOID card that lasts forever was the "modernization" that ISRA bargained away universal background checks to get.

Not defending ISRA, but, and this goes for all US 2A Warriors. Would you rather go back to expired FOIDs in a future shutdown scenario again? Or, have the FOID under the current "modernization" statue. Now, the unconstitutional FOID is not an option because we currently have to live under the FOID Statute...

The current "forever" FOID still expires. The only thing that's forever is the plastic, not its validity.

Also, remember that all FOIDs/CCLs got extended by emergency rules during COVID, independent of the printed expiration dates, supposedly because all ISP personnel would be too sick to process renewals.

Whether the plastic lasts forever or not, whether it has an expiration date printed on it or not, the only thing that matters for determining FOID validity is what the ISP database says. The physical card itself is utterly irrelevant. We got absolutely nothing out of that deal, which is why it was offered to us.

On 10/26/2023 at 6:26 AM, vito said:

At least now we know we only have one card to carry, not two. 

You don't have to carry any card:

What if I am asked to provide proof by law enforcement but do not physically have my CCL or Combo (FOID/CCL) card?
Similar to the display of a digital insurance card, the Combo (FOID/CCL) eCard will allow applicants to show their most recent information during a traffic stop.

On 10/26/2023 at 7:53 AM, Smallbore said:

I'd still like to see something official for handling a lost card. Is the FCCA requirement to report lost card paying $75 still in effect?

What does a replacement CCL cost?
Whether due to damaged/lost/stolen, or name/address change, all replacement CCL cards cost $75.00 plus a 2.25 percent ePay service fee for credit/debit cards. Electronic checks are accepted. Cash, paper checks, or money orders are no longer accepted.
How do I report my CCL lost or stolen?
You can report your CCL lost or stolen by logging into the ISP Firearms Services Bureau website, or by calling the Customer Service Center at 217-782-7980. You must notify the ISP within 10 days of discovering your CCL is lost or stolen.
What if I damaged or destroyed my CCL? How can I get a replacement?
You may request a replacement CCL by logging into our website or by calling the Customer Service Center at 217-782-7980. You will retain your current CCL number and expiration date. You must notify the ISP within 10 days of discovering your CCL is destroyed.

On 10/26/2023 at 9:16 AM, bmyers said:
What does a replacement CCL cost?
Whether due to damaged/lost/stolen, or name/address change, all replacement CCL cards cost $75.00 plus a 2.25 percent ePay service fee for credit/debit cards. Electronic checks are accepted. Cash, paper checks, or money orders are no longer accepted.
How do I report my CCL lost or stolen?
You can report your CCL lost or stolen by logging into the ISP Firearms Services Bureau website, or by calling the Customer Service Center at 217-782-7980. You must notify the ISP within 10 days of discovering your CCL is lost or stolen.
What if I damaged or destroyed my CCL? How can I get a replacement?
You may request a replacement CCL by logging into our website or by calling the Customer Service Center at 217-782-7980. You will retain your current CCL number and expiration date. You must notify the ISP within 10 days of discovering your CCL is destroyed.

I had the same thought as this also.

After thinking about it, I see smallbores point.

It's a FOID card with a CCL endorsement.  Soooo is the card being replaced under the FOID act for $10 or the FCCA for $75 or do we now get dinged for both at $85.

Good question. As an instructor I would like to know the answer to this so I can give my students the correct information. 

On 10/26/2023 at 10:36 AM, THE KING said:

I had the same thought as this also.

After thinking about it, I see smallbores point.

It's a FOID card with a CCL endorsement.  Soooo is the card being replaced under the FOID act for $10 or the FCCA for $75 or do we now get dinged for both at $85.

Good question. As an instructor I would like to know the answer to this so I can give my students the correct information. 

My assumption, which you know what assuming does, is that if you have the CCL endorsement, it is replaced under the FCCA. If you do not have the CCL, then it is replaced for $10 under the FOID. 

Yet, being IL and always looking to make an extra buck, it wouldn't surprise me if they charged us $85 regardless of which level. 

Although, since you can meet the requirement of having a card to present to law enforcement via the ecard, I would assume you would not have to order a replacement unless you wanted to. Again that big word....ASSUME.

I had my CCL renewal not show up for 2 months. I called the ISP, after 18 speed-dial fast attempts, and actually got to talk to someone helpful. I explained the situation, she put me on hold, came back and said my CCL was there in a file. The post office returned it buy mistake as I had my mail temporarily stopped for vacation. After verifying the address with me, she resent it.

On 10/26/2023 at 11:31 AM, Ardvark said:

I had my CCL renewal not show up for 2 months. I called the ISP, after 18 speed-dial fast attempts, and actually got to talk to someone helpful. I explained the situation, she put me on hold, came back and said my CCL was there in a file. The post office returned it buy mistake as I had my mail temporarily stopped for vacation. After verifying the address with me, she resent it.

Now I'm confused. I thought that since I had the new combined FOID/CCL I would not be getting a new CCL in the mail, but you are saying that you did receive one. 

On 10/27/2023 at 8:39 AM, vito said:

Now I'm confused. I thought that since I had the new combined FOID/CCL I would not be getting a new CCL in the mail, but you are saying that you did receive one. 

It looks like he may not have received anything yet. If he talked to ISP near the same date he posted, it may still be in the USPS. While you are using the term FOID/CCL, he may be using CCL for the same thing.

From here on out there is no such thing as a CCL card, only a FOID card with yes for CCL.

I have a larger question...  If my FOID/CCL is lost/destroyed/stolen, the law states they are invalid at the time of reporting, does the digital ID still stand as valid? If not, then, for that time, I am unlawfully (UUW) in possession of firearms, ammo, and carry would be unlawful.

This is a HUGE deal imho.

Has anyone asked/answered, if not, Miss Val we need ya on this one.

JQ

Edited by John Q Public

I think I got my ccl last year maybe in spring.  Been just long enough to forget but it wasn’t long after they did the foid modernization.  Regardless, I had an old foid with an expiration, and when I got my ccl they sent a new foid with no expiration and the marker mentioned above.

Personally I think there shouldn’t be a foid or ccl for any state but basically a right to carry in any state as long as you are a US citizen and aren’t a violent felon or that you aren’t mental.