Robert Hunter Biden Indicted

mauserme

• 3 months later...
CNN said:
Hunter Biden, the son of President Joe Biden, will go on trial for gun-related charges on June 3, a federal judge ruled Wednesday.
In Delaware, Hunter Biden has been charged with unlawfully purchasing a revolver while using illicit drugs, allegedly lying on federal forms about his drug use when he bought the weapon.

Hunter Biden has been charged with unlawfully purchasing a revolver while using illicit drugs, allegedly lying on federal forms about his drug use when he bought the weapon.

Prosecutors believe their case will last three to four days and Hunter Biden's attorneys expect their case to potentially go over two days.
During a status conference Wednesday, Judge Maryellen Noreika told the parties she was "working through the motions" filed by Hunter Biden.

"We're trying to get something out as soon as we can," the judge said. "I haven't completely figured out what I'm going to do with all of them."

• 4 weeks later...
CNN said:
A federal judge has rejected several attempts by Hunter Biden to throw out his felony gun indictment in Delaware.

The trial -- the first-ever against the child of a sitting US president -- is scheduled to begin in early June, as his father, President Joe Biden, campaigns for reelection.

Federal Judge Maryellen Noreika issued the rulings Friday in the closely watched case. Hunter Biden has pleaded not guilty to charges of lying on federal firearm forms and owning a gun while using illicit drugs.

On claims from Hunter Biden's attorneys that he was being selectively prosecuted because he is the son of President Joe Biden, the judge noted that the attorney general who appointed special counsel David Weiss -- who is overseeing the two cases against Hunter Biden -- was appointed by his father, who is in charge of the executive branch of the government.

"The Executive Branch that charged Defendant is headed by that sitting President -- Defendant's father. The Attorney General heading the DOJ was appointed by and reports to Defendant's father. And that Attorney General appointed the Special Counsel who made the challenged charging decision in this case -- while Defendant's father was still the sitting President," the judge wrote.

"Defendant's claim is effectively that his own father targeted him for being his son, a claim that is nonsensical under the facts here," she added.

The judge also ruled that Hunter Biden's defunct 2023 deal with Weiss didn't give him immunity from the current prosecution and rejected his argument that the charges were politically motivated.

The judge concluded that Hunter Biden "has failed to offer clear evidence" that Weiss abandoned last year's proposed deal to resolve the matter, and instead pursued an indictment, because of Hunter or Joe Biden's "political affiliations."

In fact, "there appear to be legitimate considerations that support the decision to prosecute," she wrote.

The docket doesn't show a ruling yet on a key motion from Hunter Biden challenging the constitutionality of the gun laws used to charge him.

On 4/13/2024 at 5:48 PM, Euler said:

In fact, "there appear to be legitimate considerations that support the decision to prosecute," she wrote.

The docket doesn't show a ruling yet on a key motion from Hunter Biden challenging the constitutionality of the gun laws used to charge him.

If he was just some random guy, we'd be hoping all charges were dropped.

Go Hunter?

Cheers,

Tim

On 4/16/2024 at 3:42 PM, soundguy said:

Nope...  Although I may not agree with the 4473 questions and current policy, I would also not be hoping charges were dropped against anyone and I mean anyone who chose to deliberately and intentionally lie on a 4473 to illegally obtain a firearm...  I simply do not support perjury...

On April 16, 2024 at 03:42 PM CDT, soundguy said:

If he were just some random guy, we'd be hoping that a fair application of the law might let him go, since the law is unjust.

But since he's a member of the ruling elites, we're hoping for a fair application of the law, which would be to do to him what the law usually does to random guys.

Frequently the only way to get a bad law changed is to get the ruling class to realize that it can be used against them the same way they use it against everyone else. Unfortunately that doesn't happen very often.

Edited by Euler

On 4/16/2024 at 4:21 PM, Flynn said:

Nope...  Although I may not agree with the 4473 questions and current policy, I would also not be hoping charges were dropped against anyone and I mean anyone who chose to deliberately and intentionally lie on a 4473 to illegally obtain a firearm...  I simply do not support perjury...

4473 in unconstitutional bunk anyway