Just received my new FOID card

vito

• 3 weeks later...

We got ours too. Does anyone else wonder if the state is trying to get the foid so muddled up with the ccl that when the foid gets ruled unconstitutional that it will be hard to divide the 2 and cause even more troubles???? Seems like everything they do is to make things more complicated and more confusing and to take more and more freedom away. I think there is nefarious motives behind it all.

On 12/13/2022 at 11:46 AM, ragsbo said:

We got ours too. Does anyone else wonder if the state is trying to get the foid so muddled up with the ccl that when the foid gets ruled unconstitutional that it will be hard to divide the 2 and cause even more troubles???? Seems like everything they do is to make things more complicated and more confusing and to take more and more freedom away. I think there is nefarious motives behind it all.

Bingo !

On 12/13/2022 at 11:46 AM, ragsbo said:

Does anyone else wonder if the state is trying to get the foid so muddled up with the ccl that when the foid gets ruled unconstitutional that it will be hard to divide the 2 and cause even more troubles???? 

They both should be ruled unconstitional, easier to do if they are muddled up especially if they can't sever the two forcing both to fall at once.

On 12/19/2022 at 8:58 AM, RandyP said:

A gun shop clerk with whom I recently spoke about it was convinced it's a way for 'government thems' to be able to track ammo sales since they'll have to be called in to check FOID status.

I have not seen the statute that mandates the foid be verified by calling in the digital e-card. If a shop still insist on calling in they lose my business. Too many good deals out of state. Nor have I seen where a validation number is required for ammo sales. One can not get a more current validation then pulling up on one's phone their e-card on their ISP deck page.

Archived