Interesting Article

DHan

What matters to me is whether or not " I " , and loved ones, own a firearm. How well trained "I" am, and how much ammunition "I" have in reserve.

Don't care squat about others. It IS irrelevant.

I disagree. If you and your loved ones are the last ones to own firearms, it will be pretty easy to take them from you.

There is strength in numbers.

There are people on the anti side with a long term goal of making guns non-existent in this country by making it socially unacceptable. They have failed so far, but if we start having the attitude of "I don't care as long as "I" have "MY" guns, it won't be long before there is no one there to stand behind us.

At the end of the article "Gun cultures may need to be considered for public health strategies that aim to change gun ownership in the USA." Tells me it is just another anti article . 2nd I do not believe there numbers one bit

What matters to me is whether or not " I " , and loved ones, own a firearm. How well trained "I" am, and how much ammunition "I" have in reserve.
Don't care squat about others. It IS irrelevant.

I disagree. If you and your loved ones are the last ones to own firearms, it will be pretty easy to take them from you.

There is strength in numbers.

There are people on the anti side with a long term goal of making guns non-existent in this country by making it socially unacceptable. They have failed so far, but if we start having the attitude of "I don't care as long as "I" have "MY" guns, it won't be long before there is no one there to stand behind us.

I normally don't agree with you but on this I do agree 1000%

I find it interesting that according to the map the percentage of the population owing guns is almost as high in Illinois as in Vermont. Florida the "gun shine state" at 32.5% isn't that much higher than Illinois at 26.2% especially when you consider how long they've had shall issue concealed carry licenses.

Gun ownership surveys are a waste of $$$.

I'd bet gun ownership in Chicago is under reported by hundreds of thousands, if not millions.

Shoot, I'd bet no one here can get a straight answer out of their best shooting buddy how many guns he has. Much less a phone survey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gun ownership surveys are a waste of $$$. I'd bet gun ownership in Chicago is under reported by hundreds of thousands, if not millions. Shoot, I'd bet no one here can get a straight answer out of their best shooting buddy how many guns he has. Much less a phone survey. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I own 5 guns, no make that 7 guns....no, that's got to be 13 guns....oh, never mind.

Gun ownership surveys are a waste of $$$. I'd bet gun ownership in Chicago is under reported by hundreds of thousands, if not millions. Shoot, I'd bet no one here can get a straight answer out of their best shooting buddy how many guns he has. Much less a phone survey. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I own 5 guns, no make that 7 guns....no, that's got to be 13 guns....oh, never mind.

Sadly, I have no guns to report owning....boating accident and all.

Hi,

I make it a practice to never discuss personal defense options with anyone outside my family. And I'll bet most gun owners are likewise not inclined to tell every Tom, Dick, or Harriet who asks them to do a survey.

That number is way under-reported, and that's absolutely the case in Chicago.

FWIW.

Rich Phillips

I own a "couple". lol

I own a "couple". lol

Thinking about their survey,of 4000 people, or an average of 80 per state, I'm guessing the majority of gun owners aren't even going to take the survey so the numbers are going to be off. Also where they get the people for the survey in each state is going to make a difference go to Madison Wisconsin for your survey and the results will probably be different than Wausau or Eagle River Wisconsin or Goreville Illinois as opposed to Oak Park.

Ummm... yeah.

A survey of 8000 people in a country of 321 million (less than three thousandths of a percent), chosen by $DEITY only knows which methodology, who (according to current news reports) have a vested interest in lying to any nosy stranger that calls asking about the presence or absence of firearms in their home?

I'm with the rest. Ain't gonna buy it. I haven't owned firearms in years, after my last gun was blown up in a horrible quarry accident, where the explosion threw it into the bottom of some poor guy's canoe and into the bottom of the lake next door to the quarry.

I have a lovely bridge (only driven to church once a week by a lovely little old lady) to sell ANYONE who believes that only 19.8% of Nebraskans own a firearm.

<shaking head in disgust>

Bri

Archived