Shepard update 7/27 -- dismissed as moot

Last time I was on the Metra or the El was back in 2008, got on in Lombard, remember having to walk a ways to get to the red line.

the metra trains drop people off just west of central downtown chicago, on the other side of the river. one has to walk east as the red/blue lines run underneath the center of the city. it's possibly just as fast to walk directly to the federal courthouse, if one doesnt mind adding a few more blocks at most. if anyone has questions about directions, let me know

I should come with one of my kilts on. I could do a little "Basic Instinct" reenactment when the state's lawyers are speaking.

Repeat after me: Concealed carry. Concealed carry. Concealed carry.

Don't worry, snub-nose wouldn't extend below the kilt...

I should come with one of my kilts on. I could do a little "Basic Instinct" reenactment when the state's lawyers are speaking.

Repeat after me: Concealed carry. Concealed carry. Concealed carry.

Don't worry, snub-nose wouldn't extend below the kilt...

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/apply-cold-water-to-the-burned-area.jpeg

It apparently is not their job to do that. I mean, the statute says pretty clearly that it is, but we all know how the ISP rolls. Their interpretation of the verbiage is that they had 60 days to begin approving instructors. Not 60 days to approve instructors and the clock starts ticking on the day the bill became public act.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

skinny,

I plan on attending also. If you need a place to stay I have a guest room with a queen bed. I'm in the south loop near Roosevelt and the red line. That way you won't have to worry about getting up early or traffic mishaps. There is free parking two blocks away.

Would be my privilege with all you've contributed.

I think that when the oral arguements occur our side should be quick to point out that the state is paying $50 Million dollars for the capital building renovation and $12.6 Million dollars for the supreme court renovation but can not find any funding to enable the ISP to implement the FCCA.

so you want our side to go in and blatantly lie to a federal judge? that wouldnt be very smart now would it.

I think that when the oral arguements occur our side should be quick to point out that the state is paying $50 Million dollars for the capital building renovation and $12.6 Million dollars for the supreme court renovation but can not find any funding to enable the ISP to implement the FCCA.

so you want our side to go in and blatantly lie to a federal judge? that wouldnt be very smart now would it.

Whatever money that is being spent on the upgrades is money not spent on the implementation of the FCCA the copper plated doors are priced at $700,000. I am merely stating the orals should point out any wasteful spending that is used to fund the FCCA would speed up the process. I am in no way advising anyone to lie during oral arguements. Anything that can be construed as mishandling of funds such as finding money to pay for renovations while failing to properly fund the ISP and the FCCA.

Shepard's counsel has to argue as to why the case should not be dismissed as moot and budgeted money has nothing to do with why the case should not be dismissed. That's not the route they've taken, or are even allowed to take. They have much bigger issues to bring to the panel's attention during orals seeing as how there's a time limit for presentment of orals. Each side gets 15, I dunno, 20 minutes to present, I forgot but either way that's not a lot of time. The judges don't care that 700k was spent on doors. Show memos that money is being intentionally diverted from the ISP in order to shaft Mary Shepard and the ISRA and yeah, they'll care, but short of that it's a waste of VALUABLE time as it's in the hands of the judges after that.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Archived