Photo

Sanctuary gun counties in Illinois

• Please log in to reply
594 replies to this topic

#541 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 16,055 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 09:27 AM

YES!!  Great turnout and Wayne County's State's Attorney Kevin Kakac and Sheriff Mike Everett get the county a GOLD STAR on the map!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#542 kevinmcc

• Members
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 10:58 PM

Added stars for Marion and Wayne counties.

Map_of_Illinois_Gun_Sanctuary_ Counties.2019.04.23.png

Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, NRA
Life Member, Oath Keepers
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation

#543 InterestedBystander

• Supporting Members Team
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 07:11 AM

attachicon.gifMap_of_Illinois_Gun_Sanctuary_ Counties.2019.04.23.png

Kevin, great job continues with the map but I think "attourney" as spelled is more of an obsolete old English spelling.
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#544 kevinmcc

• Members
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 07:33 AM

attachicon.gifMap_of_Illinois_Gun_Sanctuary_ Counties.2019.04.23.png

Kevin, great job continues with the map but I think "attourney" as spelled is more of an obsolete old English spelling.

Will be fixed in next update.

Life Member, NRA

#545 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 16,055 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 03:17 PM

https://www.olneydai...biding-citizens

Richland Co. gets a GOLD STAR!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#546 speedbump

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 06:46 PM

*more applause*
"The struggle may be a moral one, or it may be a physical one, or it may be both. But it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will."

~Frederick Douglass~

#547 jkdkaliman101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 11:20 PM

WTH!!?? It's not bad enough to live in a sucky state but I have to live in 1 of 4 sucky counties IN this sucky state to vote NO!? Way to go Will county. This just ruined my day
‘’in a crisis we will not rise to our expectations, but fall to our level of training’’ -Paul Vunak

"Make the best of every moment for today's moments are tomorrows memories."

"Love me or hate me, both are in my favor. If you love me I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me I'll always be in your mind." William Shakespeare

Obey Acts 2:38!

#548 Bird76Mojo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 10:46 AM

It seems like there's some unrest in the county that started this all. The police seem to be breaking ranks to out their chief. 

https://www.effingha...e6b2c65743.html

http://www.thexradio...in-police-chief

https://www.effingha...fc6d954add.html

Edited by Bird76Mojo, 01 May 2019 - 10:48 AM.

Constitutional Carry - Proponent
Open Carry - Proponent
Exercise your rights - Engage in civil disobedience against unconstitutional laws - IGNORE THE F.O.I.D.

#549 Quiet Observer

• 1,353 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 05:36 PM

It seems like there's some unrest in the county that started this all. The police seem to be breaking ranks to out their chief. 

https://www.effingha...e6b2c65743.html

http://www.thexradio...in-police-chief

https://www.effingha...fc6d954add.html

I did not see anything in the articles that said there was disagreement in the department about 2A sanctuary status.  Am I missing something?

#550 Bird76Mojo

• Members
  • 939 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 04:28 AM

I posted it because the "other side" will try to use this in any way they can against the sanctuary counties, since that's the county it all started in. Especially because the Effingham police chief was so vocal in supporting the sanctuary county movement.

I see it as a "sanctuary county" related issue and thought others might like to know about it.

Open Carry - Proponent
Exercise your rights - Engage in civil disobedience against unconstitutional laws - IGNORE THE F.O.I.D.

#551 Ranger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 09:51 AM

The Effingham CITY POLICE CHIEF is apparently not well liked by some of his staff.

The Effingham COUNTY SHERIFF has been an outspoken advocate of 2nd amendment.

Edited by Ranger, 03 May 2019 - 09:53 AM.

#552 Ranger

• Members
  • 966 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 09:56 AM

Kevin:  What do you use to make the map?  Ranger

#553 Bird76Mojo

• Members
  • 939 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 02:05 AM

The Effingham CITY POLICE CHIEF is apparently not well liked by some of his staff.

The Effingham COUNTY SHERIFF has been an outspoken advocate of 2nd amendment.

To my understanding the police chief has also been a supporter of the sanctuary county movement starting in Effingham.

Any evidence to the contrary?

Open Carry - Proponent

#554 kevinmcc

• Members
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 02:21 PM

GIMP https://www.gimp.org/

Wonderful open source application for image editing.

Also, updated map with star for Richland.

Map_of_Illinois_Gun_Sanctuary_ Counties.2019.05.06.png
Life Member, NRA

#555 steveTA84

• 4,248 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 02:38 PM

Looking better and better weekly

#556 speedbump

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 06:07 PM

GIMP https://www.gimp.org/Wonderful open source application for image editing.Also, updated map with star for Richland.attachicon.gifMap_of_Illinois_Gun_Sanctuary_ Counties.2019.05.06.png

**More applause**
"The struggle may be a moral one, or it may be a physical one, or it may be both. But it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will."

~Frederick Douglass~

#557 tracker366

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 06:36 PM

Sure wish Kankakee county would get this done. Went to the first county meeting and haven't heard anything since.

#558 Ranger

• Members
  • 966 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:40 PM

Thanks!

#559 ScottPrevett

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 10:16 PM

Tonight, Gun Rights Watch received word that O'Fallon Township in St. Clair County voted and became a 2A Sanctuary Township this afternoon.

http://gunrightswatc...ment-sanctuary/

Chief Editor at GunRightsWatch.com. Also on Facebook at https://www.facebook...rightswatchers/.

#560 SecondAmendmentSupporter

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 07:09 PM

The Crawford County State's Attorney publicly announced a few weeks ago that he would not prosecute violations of SB 107 if enacted because the bill violates the Second Amendment.  It was on the local radio station and newspaper in Robinson, Illinois.  

https://www.wtyefm.c...tion-questions/

http://www.robdailyn...ArticleID=17843

#561 kevinmcc

• Members
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:10 PM

Updated map.

Bureau County gets Green.
Crawford gets a star.

Map_of_Illinois_Gun_Sanctuary_ Counties.2019.06.12.png
Life Member, NRA

#562 Quiet Observer

• 1,353 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 02:06 PM

It seems that there are 2 sets downstate Illinois politicians. One follows the will of the people and the Constitution; the other set goes to Springfield and votes lockstep with the Chicago machine.

#563 ScottPrevett

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 02:45 PM

We just heard from two residents of Warren County in the past couple of days, who told us that the county has a 2A resolution vote scheduled for their meeting in September.

Chief Editor at GunRightsWatch.com. Also on Facebook at https://www.facebook...rightswatchers/.

#564 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• 3,839 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 11:58 PM

How many counties is this at this point? 64? Plus, how many townships in ones that haven't declared as sanctuary counties have passed some sort of 2nd Amendment sanctuary resolution? Is there an official count?

"A well educated Media, being necessary for the preservation of a free State, the right of the people to keep and read books, shall not be infringed."

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary for the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Who gets to keep and read books? The Media? Or is it the People?

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

InX89li.jpg

#565 ScottPrevett

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 08:17 AM

I counted 65 counties, along with 2 townships and 2 towns.

#566 ChicagoRonin70

• 3,839 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 01:14 PM

That's even better! More than 3/5 of the state, not to mention an even dozen SAs who won't prosecute for specious violations of SB107. Ideally, the overwhelming majority of the state does the same, to offset the the Chicago area and northern IL anti-firearm contingent.

"A well educated Media, being necessary for the preservation of a free State, the right of the people to keep and read books, shall not be infringed."

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary for the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

InX89li.jpg

#567 speedbump

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 01:27 PM

That's even better! More than 3/5 of the state, not to mention an even dozen SAs who won't prosecute for specious violations of SB107. Ideally, the overwhelming majority of the state does the same, to offset the the Chicago area and northern IL anti-firearm contingent.

The dozen state's attorney who have publicly come out for nullification are just the tip of the iceberg. Twice that many have indicated agreement privately.
;)

~Frederick Douglass~

#568 ChicagoRonin70

• 3,839 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 01:40 PM

The dozen state's attorney who have publicly come out for nullification are just the tip of the iceberg. Twice that many have indicated agreement privately.
;)

If they would come out publicly, that would be even better, because it would add momentum and weight to the whole legal aspect of it. If eventually a large majority of SAs tell the State that they aren't going to enforce unconstitutional laws, and stick to their guns if push comes to shove, then it would be a game-changer.

InX89li.jpg

#569 speedbump

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 10:27 PM

[quote name="ChicagoRonin70" post="1218183" timestamp="1560714037"][quote name="speedbump" post="1218182" timestamp="1560713249"]
[quote name="ChicagoRonin70" post="1218181" timestamp="1560712477"]
[quote name="ScottPrevett" post="1218146" timestamp="1560694630"]
[/quote]
 That's even better! More than 3/5 of the state, not to mention an even dozen SAs who won't prosecute for specious violations of SB107. Ideally, the overwhelming majority of the state does the same, to offset the the Chicago area and northern IL anti-firearm contingent.[/quote]

The dozen state's attorney who have publicly come out for nullification are just the tip of the iceberg. Twice that many have indicated agreement privately. ;)
[/quote]

If they would come out publicly, that would be even better, because it would add momentum and weight to the whole legal aspect of it. If eventually a large majority of SAs tell the State that they aren't going to enforce unconstitutional laws, and stick to their guns if push comes to shove, then it would be a game-changer.[/quote]

We're working on it...stay tuned. :)

~Frederick Douglass~

#570 speedbump

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 08:39 AM

Excellent graphics, gents:

http://gunrightswatc...xZa1469zPM6_ldY

~Frederick Douglass~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users