Ammo restriction/licensing bill issued in both houses

cybermgk

On 11/7/2023 at 3:23 PM, illinois_buckeye said:

And also what would they solve?  Oh I can’t buy 1000 rounds.  Drat.  Give me 950 rounds please.  Do those people not think?

It’s 1000 round (case) max in any 5 day period. My UPS guy hates delivering two cases at once… I can see the look on his face on the security cam when I’m not home and he has to carry it back to the truck. I only buy 1k at a time, but just out of kindness for the UPS guy and my wallet. There should be no limit. 

Cheers, 

Tim

On 11/7/2023 at 3:29 PM, soundguy said:

It’s 1000 round (case) max in any 5 day period. My UPS guy hates delivering two cases at once… I can see the look on his face on the security cam when I’m not home and he has to carry it back to the truck. I only buy 1k at a time, but just out of kindness for the UPS guy and my wallet. There should be no limit. 

Cheers, 

Tim

We are in full agreement there, I’m simply stating people who want it that bad will simply buy 950 or however many, wait, 950 etc.  But I agree your wallet should be your limit.

On 11/7/2023 at 4:02 PM, Dumak_from_arfcom said:

My neighbor's 3 kids saw the UPS guy delivering my ammo and were like O.O  0.0  o.o   

I had 25,000 rounds delivered once, all stamped small arms ammo it was stacked up on my porch almost to the mailbox.   (all stamped $129/1000 on the metal cans inside - long ago) 

My wife was a bit concerned and I told her, who in their right mind would consider coming on a porch to try steal any.  

On 11/8/2023 at 8:11 AM, SiliconSorcerer said:

I had 25,000 rounds delivered once, all stamped small arms ammo it was stacked up on my porch almost to the mailbox.   (all stamped $129/1000 on the metal cans inside - long ago) 

My wife was a bit concerned and I told her, who in their right mind would consider coming on a porch to try steal any.  

That's a strong porch.

There was a firearms instructor local to the Chicago area that posted pics of 2 pallets of ammo in his garage. If I remember right, one pallet was his and the other was for students in his courses. I'm thinking now that I have no idea how many rounds are on a pallet of ammo. I can't remember if it was 5.56 or 9 either.