Biden calls for gun reform after ‘wave of tragic and senseless shootings’ in recent days

davel501

On 7/5/2023 at 11:31 AM, davel501 said:

Spot on.  Wouldn’t surprise me in the least.  “Where’s Waldo?”(Hunter). Paging Hunter Biden, paging Hunter Biden…

At what point do people get tired of hearing about gun control and begin tuning it out? Do they honestly think that repeating something over and over makes it true? Or did they learn nothing from COVID?

On 7/6/2023 at 2:03 PM, yurimodin said:

NEVER underestimate the dedication a devout communist has for "improving" your life.

The problem is that people eventually tire of being lectured. Doesn't matter how committed the other side is, people eventually get sick of them.

On 7/7/2023 at 7:06 AM, djmarkla said:

I am calling for executive branch reform!

Seriously the DOJ or at least the AG needs to be out from under the executive, we can't have federal law enforcement held hostage at the whim of whomever is president. I am thinking something like having the AG nominated by SCOTUS and confirmed by the Senate for a single limited 4 year term that starts and stops mid presidential cycle. 

On 7/7/2023 at 10:24 AM, yurimodin said:

Seriously the DOJ or at least the AG needs to be out from under the executive, we can't have federal law enforcement held hostage at the whim of whomever is president. I am thinking something like having the AG nominated by SCOTUS and confirmed by the Senate for a single limited 4 year term that starts and stops mid presidential cycle. 

I don't know if I like the idea of a judicial branch that can go looking for its own work. Investigations to support a predetermined outcome would not take long to happen.

Archived