Illinois General Assembly 11/15/2022

mauserme

Welcome to day 1 of 6 scheduled for the 2022 Veto Session.  

Though we're keeping our eyes glued on several House and Senate bills that may come up, none are in committee at this time.  We'll list the two “assault weapon” bans below in order to keep them in our minds as much as they are in the minds of of anti's.

The House is scheduled for 3:00 PM today and the Senate for a 1:30 PM.  House Session has been cancelled Thursday, 11/17/2022.

I will be away form the forum today, at least through the morning hours.

Next Days Scheduled

House: 11/16/2022
Senate: 11/16/2022

House Calendar

Senate Calendar

Senate Supplemental Calendar 1

House Calendar

3:00 PM

HB5522 Crim Cd-Assault Weapons Ban

Oppose

House Sponsor: Hirschauer, Slaughter, Costa Howard, Morgan, Gonzalez, Croke, Stoneback, Willis, Stava-Murray, Didech, Avelar, Gabel, Mason, Yang Rohr, Hernandez (Barbara), LaPointe, Delgado, Manley, Williams (Ann), Greenwood, Mayfield, Mussman, Moeller, Gong-Gershowitz, Meyers-Martin, Ford, Hernandez (Elizabeth), Walker, Harris, Conroy, Carroll, Guzzardi, Kifowit, Moylan, Buckner, Burke, Ramirez, Guerrero-Cueller, Yingling, Hurley, Collins, Tarver, Gordon-Booth, Rita, Robinson, Kelly, West, Andrade, Ortiz, Lilly, Ness, Mah, Zalewsi, Harper, Nichols, Williams (Jawaharial)

Synopsis As Introduced

Amends the Criminal Code of 2012. Makes it unlawful to deliver, sell, or purchase or cause to be delivered, sold, or purchased or cause to be possessed by another, an assault weapon, assault weapon attachment, .50 caliber rifle, or .50 caliber cartridge. Makes it unlawful for any person to knowingly possess an assault weapon, .50 caliber rifle, or .50 caliber cartridge 300 days after the effective date of the amendatory Act, except possession of weapons registered with the Illinois State Police in the time provided. Provides exemptions and penalties. Prohibits delivery, sale, purchase or possession of large capacity ammunition feeding devices. Provides exemptions and penalties. 

Senate Calendar
1:30 PM

SB2510 Crim Cd-Assault Weapon Ban

Oppose

House Sponsor:  Aquino, Collins, Villivalam, Pacione,Zayas, Bush, Van Pelt, Villanueva, Johnson, Simmons, Feigenholtz, Fine, Peters, Morrison, Martwick, Glowiak Hilton, Murphy, Villa

Synopsis As Introduced

Amends the Criminal Code of 2012. Makes it unlawful for any person to knowingly possess an assault weapon 300 days after the effective date of the amendatory Act, except possession of weapons registered with the Illinois State Police in the time provided. Provides exemptions and penalties. Effective immediately. 

On 11/14/2022 at 9:53 PM, mikew said:

If I pay a fine I get to keep it.

Sound familiar?

If I just pay $10 and get and get issued a useless novelty card, that can't even be used as a form of ID to get a "Real ID compliant with federal law" nor is it accepted as an ID card anywhere else, from the ISP I can posses arms and ammunition.

Several new bills were filed yesterday and today.  One that we oppose is:

SB4224 Dealer-Only Gun Raffles

Synopsis As Introduced

Amends the Raffles and Poker Runs Act. Prohibits the State Board of Elections and the governing body of any county or municipality from issuing a license under the Act to a person that will offer a firearm as a prize at a poker run or raffle, unless that person is a certified licensee under the Firearm Dealer License Certification Act. Limits home rule powers. Defines "firearm".

On 11/15/2022 at 12:29 PM, JDW said:

I'm not even remotely concerned. Surely the powerful ISRA will see to it that this never passes. I can't get purple to work, so /SARC

About a half hour after sending our alert hoping to head off more gun control, I got an ISRA email offering a life member upgrade at a discounted price.

I guess we just have different priorities sometimes.

On 11/15/2022 at 7:49 PM, mauserme said:

About a half hour after sending our alert hoping to head off more gun control, I got an ISRA email offering a life member upgrade at a discounted price.

I guess we just have different priorities sometimes.

Same. 

Nothing from the ISRA about the special session and to be ready.  Just sign up... give us money.    

Archived