Jump to content

Milwaukee police union sues the city over SIG P320


Euler
 Share

Recommended Posts

Associated Press

AP said:

...

The Milwaukee Police Association says the department-issued handguns have inadvertently misfired three times in the last two years resulting in injuries to two officers.

 

Most recently, a 41-year-old officer was shot in the knee on Sept. 10. In July 2020, Officer Adam Maritato, who is a party in the union's lawsuit that was filed this week, was unintentionally shot in the leg by another officer's holstered gun.

 

The lawsuit alleges that when the city purchased the guns in 2019, it knew, or should have known, about the discharge and safety issues. It also says that during training for the weapons, the city "failed to disclose that the P320 had issues with discharging without a trigger pull, and the officers relied on the safety training to be accurate and complete."

 

The lawsuit accuses the city of endangering the safety of its officers and the public by issuing the firearm. The union is asking a Milwaukee County Circuit Court judge to force the city to pay damages for the officers' injuries and to replace every department-issued P320 with another firearm.

...

 

Personally, I don't care if it's cops or Alec Baldwin. If the gun discharged, the trigger was pulled.

 

The P320 has been in production since 2014. The drop fix/update has been available since August 2017.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The P320 was deemed not drop safe right after they came out. The P365 had terrible primer drag issues right after it cme out. And now, the P322 has terrible leading issue in their barrels. Seems to me that SIG could use a lot more R&D and rigid testing on new products prior to releasing them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/21/2022 at 3:46 PM, JDW said:

The P320 was deemed not drop safe right after they came out. The P365 had terrible primer drag issues right after it cme out. And now, the P322 has terrible leading issue in their barrels. Seems to me that SIG could use a lot more R&D and rigid testing on new products prior to releasing them. 

Can you explain the issue with the P365 and if it’s been corrected ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/22/2022 at 7:09 AM, Lou said:

Can you explain the issue with the P365 and if it’s been corrected ?

 

2qxk8x0055a11.jpg?width=576&auto=webp&s=]

 

The P365 would start extracting the spent casing while the striker was still in the primer, causing the striker to drag a groove in the primer. SIG updated the striker.

 

It's not a recall, because SIG doesn't consider it a safety issue. If people have an older model with the old striker, they can buy a new striker from the shop and install it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/22/2022 at 3:44 PM, Euler said:

 

2qxk8x0055a11.jpg?width=576&auto=webp&s=]

 

The P365 would start extracting the spent casing while the striker was still in the primer, causing the striker to drag a groove in the primer. SIG updated the striker.

 

It's not a recall, because SIG doesn't consider it a safety issue. If people have an older model with the old striker, they can buy a new striker from the shop and install it.

Thanks for the info..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...