Renewal people, log your processing times here

HeavyDuty

Can someone please check their status while in a Walmart parking lot so we can get that thread re-started. Thank you. 18 days left in my 90 days and I'm still only Submitted.

Submitted 14Jan2019 w old prints

Expired 05Mar2019

QC Verified 04Apr2019

Approved 09Apr2019

Active 09Apr2019

In my pocket since 13Apr2019

Still fuzzy on the rules around here. Are we supposed to do another Wally Walk with the renewed card?

Revised FOID card received 17Apr2019.

Renewed (fingerprints on file from the first time) 01/26/19.

Expiration was 02/28/19.

Today, almost 2 months days later, still showing "Under Review/SUBMITTED."

Today, still carrying with my renewal screenshot printed in my wallet.

Just checked today (04/18/19), some time since the end of last week, I went "QC_VERIFIED." So looks like I may get it sooner than I thought. Based on other timelines, I'll expect it early May at the latest.

Expiration was 02/28/19.

Just checked today (04/18/19), some time since the end of last week, I went "QC_VERIFIED." So looks like I may get it sooner than I thought. Based on other timelines, I'll expect it early May at the latest.

I also expired Feb 28. I renewed online Feb 7. I’ve been showing approved. QC verified since the end of February with no changes since. See below.

Will try to make this short. Talked to a director at State Police, who said she would pass on the message to the Firearm Service Bureau. She seemed concerned that the CCL was over 90 days. She also told me they have 60 days on the FOID renewal. Four hours later I received a call from the Asst. Director of the firearms service bureau who explained that because I applied for my FOID renewal halfway through the CCL renewal the FOID has to be approved first because they cannot approve CCL without the FOID. So by trying to be efficient and applying for FOID I accidentally screwed myself. They still have 30 more days to put it through. My CCL expires in two weeks. Oh by the way, I applied 12-15-18 so holidays don't count as days. Christmas, New Years, MLK birthday, Lincolns birthday(state holiday), Presidents Day. 5 days that can't be counted.

UPDATE: Just checked before 5 p.m. and my FOID went active. Talked to someone on Tuesday and went active on Friday. CCL still under review.

UPDATE: Active end of day Friday, new foid in the mailbox this morning. CCL still under review

*Checked this morning and it nows shows QC verified - approved. Hopefully it goes active soon.

Expiration was 02/28/19.

I also expired Feb 28. I renewed online Feb 7. I’ve been showing approved. QC verified since the end of February with no changes since. See below.

I just checked, showed active as of April 23rd. Here's to hoping we both go active soon.

I applied 01/08/2019

Expired 04/17/2019

Still "under review"

Got fed up and contacted my state rep today. His office is going to check on it and contact ispfsb on my behalf.

I wouldn't be surprised if they blow the dust off my renewal app and approve it now. Assuming of course they have a way to contact them other than the phone and email we have...

I applied 01/08/2019

Expired 04/17/2019

Still "under review"

Got fed up and contacted my state rep today. His office is going to check on it and contact ispfsb on my behalf.

I wouldn't be surprised if they blow the dust off my renewal app and approve it now. Assuming of course they have a way to contact them other than the phone and email we have...

Did you submit prints initially?

I applied 01/08/2019

Expired 04/17/2019

Still "under review"

Did you submit prints initially?

No. and yeah I know they have 120 days and its only been 108 or something but that is BS. I haven't changed address, had a parking ticket, or anything else. They need to do their d@m jobs. They've had my money for almost 4 months

Submitted renewal 1/2/19 no prints (no prints previously)

Expires 4/10/19

Still shows under review-submitted

Looks like I may get a few weeks of carry courtesy of the state of Illinois.

Update:

Approaching four months and no status change yet. What happens when ISP does not meet their deadlines?

Expires 4/10/19

Update:

Approaching four months and no status change yet. What happens when ISP does not meet their deadlines?

They dont meet their deadlines...that's it. There is no penalty, admonishment, expedited processing, etc. Maybe you can get your Sen or Rep to call which may or may not help.

Expires 4/10/19

Update:

That's easy to answer. They have the legislators increase the amount of time through legislation.

Example. 30 days for FOID renewal. They have repeatedly ran over the 30 day deadline, so the General Assembly moved the bar and made it 60 days for renewals.

Problem solved. Well for them anyway, more of an infringement for us. But hey, they don't care.

This may or may not relate to the CCL renewal process. As we know if you renew your CCL early you loose the remaining time on your original timeline.

Anyway I got my notice that I needed to go in for a Emission test on my car, they sent it very early, it needs to be done by July 31.

I went in today April 25, passed the test then went in the office to see about the license plate sticker, before I committed I asked when the new sticker would renew, he said it will be 1 year from your original date, YOU DO NOT LOOSE ANYTIME.

Why are the law abiding folks in this state getting punished?

This may or may not relate to the CCL renewal process. As we know if you renew your CCL early you loose the remaining time on your original timeline.

Anyway I got my notice that I needed to go in for a Emission test on my car, they sent it very early, it needs to be done by July 31.

I went in today April 25, passed the test then went in the office to see about the license plate sticker, before I committed I asked when the new sticker would renew, he said it will be 1 year from your original date, YOU DO NOT LOOSE ANYTIME.

Why are the law abiding folks in this state getting punished?

Why? Who knows...There is a bill to correct this for CCL but it did not get to any committee hearings.

Archived