Sterr v Trame - Class Action

jake8267

Following links from topic=76628:

Madison Record

On Nov. 2, Chief of the Firearm Services Bureau of the Illinois State Police Gregory Hacker and Illinois Treasurer Michael Frerichs filed a cross-motion for summary judgment through Attorney General Kwame Raoul.

The defendants argue that the "plaintiff's request for damages is barred by sovereign immunity, and because plaintiff has not alleged any non-barred claim against defendants based on the challenged vendor processing fee."

"Here, plaintiff seeks monetary damages against defendants in their official capacities as state officers for alleged wrongful collection of fees. Because this claim for damages is predicated exclusively on defendants' official role as state employees, plaintiff's suit is a suit against the state itself," the memorandum in support of summary judgment states.

In other words, the named defendants are not liable for anything they do as state employees. Therefore the only remaining defendant is the State of Illinois itself.

• 1 year later...

I just got my very own opt-in/opt-out letter.

ISPFSB said:

If you wish to remain as part of this lawsuit, you do not have to do anything. By remaining part of this class, you will be bound to the settlement along with the Defendants.

If you wish to opt out of this case, unless you have previously timely and properly opted out, you need to check the box marked "opt out", complete and sign the form, and return it timely to the Maag Law Firm, LLC 2 West Lorena Avenue, Wood River, IL 62095 on or before March 2, 2022. Any person who has not or does not timely and properly opt out shall be bound by the judgment of the Court in this case.

Only person who makes any money out of this is the lawyers. You'll probably get back $0.25 cents if any at all.

I don't recall the CCL license being available by paper and no convenience fee (for original or renewal). 

My wife got one, I should have, have to check with the kids. 

I think my one daughter probably paid it twice for an address change as well. 

Corrected, I just got one too! I'm going to be rich! 

Edited by SiliconSorcerer

The Washington Times
NEWS ALERT

WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 29, 2021

Strict gun laws aren't helping during a national crime wave, most voters say

A new poll finds that more than eight of 10 U.S. voters believe strict gun control laws in major cities either make no difference in the current retail crime surge or make it worse.

Maybe we need subscribe the legislature. 

On 12/29/2021 at 8:38 AM, Molly B. said:

I'm feeling left out . . . 🙁

My sister brought by her copy of the notice yesterday asking if I had gotten an email concerning this topic. I hadn't at that time.  It was late yesterday evening before my notice came through . 

Don't give up hope yet Molly B. I am sure you and Mr. B. will get to roll in the money like the rest of us. 😁