Photo

Illinois General Assembly 2/22/2011

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#1 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 17,645 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:27 AM

The House is scheduled for 12:00 Noon today. The Senate , previously scheduled for session today, is not in.

On the House Calender:

HB0143 - Crim CD Military Reenactor

Green/Good

House Sponsor: Reitz

Synopsis As Introduced

Amends the Criminal Code of 1961. Exempts, from provisions prohibiting the sale, manufacture, purchase, possession, or carrying of specified weapons, an active member of a bona fide, nationally recognized military re-enacting group possessing a vintage rifle or modern reproduction thereof with a barrel or barrels less than 16 inches in length for the purpose of using the rifle during historical re-enactments if: (1) the modification is required and necessary to accurately portray the weapon for historical re-enactment purposes; the re-enactor is in possession of a valid and current re-enacting group membership credential; and the overall length of the weapon as modified is not less than 26 inches; or (2) the person has been issued a Curios and Relics license from the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Effective immediately.

The House Agriculture & Conservation Committee has the following bills on their calender today. They are scheduled to meet at 2:00 PM.

HB0003 - Firearms Municipal Regulation

HB0004 - Firearm Owners Preempt Loc Gov

HB0005 - Wildlife Code Case Definition

HB0006 Wildlife Code Muskrat Hunting

HB0008 - Firearm Owners ID Premption

HB0112 - Firearms Concealed Carry

HB0142 - Firearms Municipal Regulation

HB0148 - Firearms Concealed Carry

HB0264 - Firearm Owners Preemt Loc Gov

HB0265 - Crim Cd Firearm Transport

HB1163 - Wildlife Powder Cartridges

HB1403 - Concealed Carry Permits

Although there are quite a few of our bills on the committee schedule today it is worth remembering that not all bills will necessarily be heard at their first opportunity. This will likely be a day for patience as groundwork is laid for the future.

Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Advanced Digital Media Link ..........Blue Room Stream Link

Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. (Ephesians 4:31)

On 5/25/2017, Superintendent Eddie Johnson predicted a 50% reduction is Chicago violence within 3 years of SB1722 becoming law.  The bill was signed into law on 6/23/2017. The clock is now ticking.

#2 Drylok

• Members
  • 8,722 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:36 AM

Patience my favorite. I love being patient, the longer I have to be patient for something, especially when it's an individual, fundamental, incorporated right, the happier I am. I get this unflawed character trait from my father and grandfather before him. Posted Image
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks"
-Thomas Jefferson-

Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel. One is the colors that fly high and proud the red, the white, the blue. The other ones got a rattle snake with a simple statement made, don't tread on me, is what it says and I'll take that to my grave
-Aaron Lewis-

#3 mauserme

• Admin
  • 17,645 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:47 AM

I'm just saying its better to wait if a bill is not yet ready. I would rather have success in a few weeks or months than a quick defeat.

Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Advanced Digital Media Link ..........Blue Room Stream Link

Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. (Ephesians 4:31)

On 5/25/2017, Superintendent Eddie Johnson predicted a 50% reduction is Chicago violence within 3 years of SB1722 becoming law.  The bill was signed into law on 6/23/2017. The clock is now ticking.

#4 Tvandermyde

• Members
  • 6,673 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:16 AM

Preemption bills to move in ag committee today

The fireworks begin
While a 9 mm or .40 caliber bullet may or may not expand, it is an undeniable fact that a .45 caliber bullet will never shrink.

#5 mauserme

• Admin
  • 17,645 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:50 AM

Which ones?

#6 mauserme

• Admin
  • 17,645 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:06 PM

The House is convening.

#7 mauserme

• Admin
  • 17,645 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:45 PM

HB0143 moved to third reading.

#8 05FLHT

TCB.

• Members
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:47 PM

The fireworks begin

My guess is fireworks = HB148.

Let's roll...
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
IL Concealed Carry Firearm Instructor

#9 mauserme

• Admin
  • 17,645 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:14 PM

The House has adjourned.

HB0143 is still showing staus as Second Reading. I'll check again later.

EDIT: Third reading it is. Another step forward.

#10 Hatchet

• Supporting Members Team
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:27 PM

The fireworks begin

My guess is fireworks = HB148.

Let's roll...

5 more sponsors added today...
"Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

#11 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 12,600 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:29 PM

That means 5 more people are jumping on the winning bandwagon!! :thumbsup:

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#12 TTIN

si vis pacem, para bellum

• Members
  • 3,526 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:40 PM

Why did Michael Unes remove himself as cosponsor? Was it because he is sponsoring a different LTC bill?
Patrick Henry: "Are we at last brought to such a humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our own defense".

"God made men,but Colt made them equals"

"Guns don't kill people..husbands who come home early do" -Larry The Cable Guy

"Illinois: Will the Defendant Please Rise?"

"si vis pacem, para bellum"

#13 Hatchet

• 2,539 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:46 PM

Why did Michael Unes remove himself as cosponsor? Was it because he is sponsoring a different LTC bill?

2/15/2011 House Added Co-Sponsor Rep. Michael Unes
2/17/2011 House Added Chief Co-Sponsor Rep. Michael Unes
2/17/2011 House Removed Co-Sponsor Rep. Michael Unes

he a Chief Co-sponsor now not just a Co-sponsor

1/21/2011 House Added Chief Co-Sponsor Rep. Dan Reitz
2/17/2011 House Remove Chief Co-Sponsor Rep. Dan Reitz
2/17/2011 House Added Co-Sponsor Rep. Dan Reitz

Reitz went the other way form a chief to just a co

we now have
Phelps as filer
4 Chief Co-Sponsors
20 Co-Sponsors
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

#14 junglebob

• 5,934 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:52 PM

My state rep Mike Bost was added as a sponsor the middle of this month. I called his office thanking him. It looks like Randy Ramey Jr. of West Chicago is the only sponsor near Chicago. I believe I counted 25 sponsors, have we had this many on any other RTC bill?

Disarming the people (is) the best and most effectual way to enslave them. George Mason

Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrong doers should dominate just men.  -  Augustine

Three school masacres have been stopped by civilians with firearms. Two with handguns and the third by a guy with a shotgun. (Pearl, Ms; Appalacian School of Law; Edinboro,Pa)

#15 05FLHT

TCB.

• Members
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 02:20 PM

The times, they are a changing. Who woulda thunk it that RTC was 'the bandwagon' to be on. I would love, love, love to be able to get an IL carry permit this year, especially with the Thune amendment looking to become law. Otherwise, it's going to be a l-o-n-g couple of years.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
IL Concealed Carry Firearm Instructor

#16 milq

• Members
  • 2,968 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:34 PM

The House has adjourned.

What do these guys do with the other 4 or 5 hours of the work day? Are they lazy or are there other things they are actually working on?
Good night Chesty, wherever you are.

Visit my Illinois RTC/Pro 2A blog: Steel on Target

#17 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,673 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:46 PM

The House has adjourned.

What do these guys do with the other 4 or 5 hours of the work day? Are they lazy or are there other things they are actually working on?

While I won't say they are the hardest working folks in the world, but in their defense, they do attend committee meetings, meet with and correspond with constituents, return calls, etc. during the rest of the day. What they do on the floor is but a very small part of their job. Oh, they also meet with the NRA and ISRA lobbyists to discuss RTC and statewide pre-emption!!
Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB

#18 mauserme

• Admin
  • 17,645 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:54 PM

The following bills have been passed in committee, all on a vote of 13/1/0:

Patience on the rest.

Edited 2/24/2011 to add that HB0142 - Firearms Municipal Regulation was also moved to second reading on 2/22/2011

#19 boog

• Members
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:05 PM

Patience on the rest.

Who was the NO vote?
boog

CarrySafely.com

Illinois Certified Concealed Carry Instructor

#20 Sigma

• Members
  • 2,952 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:13 PM

WILL HB008 MAKE THE COOK COUNTY AWB NULL AND VOID?
Exodus 22:2-3
If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed.

Gun control is not about guns, it's about control. Once they have all the guns, they'll also have complete control.-Abolt

Guns kill people just like beds get girls pregnant.

#21 mauserme

• Admin
  • 17,645 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:22 PM

Who was the NO vote?
boog

I don't know but I see Todd jumping in and out of this thread. Here's an open invitation for any inout you want to add Mr. V.

By my reading there are several bills, some still in committee, that might impact local ordinance.

#22 Talonap

• Members
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:24 PM

Sounds like it should ... that would be a good thing... :thumbsup:

#23 Hatchet

• 2,539 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:37 PM

Patience on the rest.

Who was the NO vote?
boog

Kelly Burke D
Mary E. Flowers D
Frank J. Mautino D
Jack McGuire D

they are the only ones on the committee that arnt listed as supporters of RTC, i would believe it is one of them...

#24 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,673 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:57 PM

Patience on the rest.

Who was the NO vote?
boog

Kelly Burke D
Mary E. Flowers D
Frank J. Mautino D
Jack McGuire D

they are the only ones on the committee that arnt listed as supporters of RTC, i would believe it is one of them...

I just dropped a note to my contact at the clerk's office. He has always been good about getting me the committee votes. We'll see what come up. I'll be surprised if Mary Flowers voted FOR it. Actually is surprising that we got only one NO vote. That is encouraging.

AB
Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB

#25 Buzzard

• Members
  • 9,162 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:08 PM

I believe it's because Unes is NOW a Chief Co-sponsor. It may be Unes and Reitz wanted to trade.House

Remove Chief Co-Sponsor Rep. Dan Reitz
Added Co-Sponsor Rep. Dan Reitz
Added Chief Co-Sponsor Rep. Michael Unes
Removed Co-Sponsor Rep. Michael Unes

#26 milq

• Members
  • 2,968 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:11 PM

While I won't say they are the hardest working folks in the world, but in their defense, they do attend committee meetings, meet with and correspond with constituents, return calls, etc. during the rest of the day. What they do on the floor is but a very small part of their job. Oh, they also meet with the NRA and ISRA lobbyists to discuss RTC and statewide pre-emption!!

Thanks, I was genuinely curious. It has always seemed that they were there briefly and then out of session, I assumed they had other duties of course but was unsure as to what a normal day looked like for them.
Good night Chesty, wherever you are.

Visit my Illinois RTC/Pro 2A blog: Steel on Target

#27 Buzzard

• Members
  • 9,162 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:12 PM

Right now we have 7 Dems and 18 Repubs sponsoring

I'm just sayin........

#28 Hatchet

• 2,539 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:12 PM

[quote name='abolt243' date='22 February 2011 - 04:57 PM' timestamp='1298415477' post='248341']
[quote name='Hatchet' date='22 February 2011 - 04:37 PM' timestamp='1298414266' post='248333']
[quote name='boog' date='22 February 2011 - 04:05 PM' timestamp='1298412351' post='248324']
[quote name='mauserme' date='22 February 2011 - 03:54 PM' timestamp='1298411648' post='248321']

Patience on the rest.
[/quote]
Who was the NO vote?
boog
[/quote]

Kelly Burke D
Mary E. Flowers D
Frank J. Mautino D
Jack McGuire D

[/quote]

I just dropped a note to my contact at the clerk's office. He has always been good about getting me the committee votes. We'll see what come up. I'll be surprised if Mary Flowers voted FOR it. Actually is surprising that we got only one NO vote. That is encouraging.

AB
[/quote]
i honestly think it was Flowers for the no...

#29 Hatchet

• 2,539 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:14 PM

I'm just sayin........

all the dems where first to on the list...

#30 Buzzard

• Members
  • 9,162 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:29 PM

I'm just sayin........

all the dems where first to on the list...

Yeah.......so?